Author Topic: [Rumor] Bulls Making Push For Kevin Love  (Read 3305 times)

[Rumor] Bulls Making Push For Kevin Love
« on: July 22, 2014, 02:32:34 PM »

Offline WBrownTrophy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Thanks Red
Via Marc Stein and Brian Windhorst

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11247946/chicago-bulls-join-cleveland-cavaliers-kevin-love-trade-push

Sources say that the Bulls, though, have re-entered the race and would appear to be the biggest threats to the Cavs, thanks largely to the Golden State Warriors' resolute unwillingness to add longtime Wolves target Klay Thompson in any deal.

Although the full extent of the Bulls' offer wasn't immediately known, it is believed Minnesota would seek a package from Chicago featuring forward Taj Gibson and defensive ace Jimmy Butler in addition to other assets. The Bulls shelved their Love interest while trying to sign Carmelo Anthony away from the New York Knicks but, according to sources, have re-emerged as contenders.
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."
                                   -Red Auerbach

Re: [Rumor] Bulls Making Push For Kevin Love
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 02:40:59 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
Would they trade Noah since they already have Gasol? Because Minny settling on Jimmy Butler, Taj Gibson & I would think McDermott would get Flip killed in Minnesota!

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 02:49:17 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Would they trade Noah since they already have Gasol? Because Minny settling on Jimmy Butler, Taj Gibson & I would think McDermott would get Flip killed in Minnesota!
agreed.  that's a pretty weak return for Love.  2 role players and an unproven rookie?  C's offered much better than that.

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 02:50:26 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
agreed.  that's a pretty weak return for Love.  2 role players and an unproven rookie?  C's offered much better than that.

We offered unguaranteed contracts, one role player and two unproven rookies.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 02:52:56 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
If Wiggins signs his rookie deal meaning he can't be traded for 30 days then the Celtics may just jump right back intotthe driver's seat for Kevin Love because we do offer the best package. Flips needs to get over his hostility with Danny & make the best deal for the franchise going forward. We'll happily let him fleece us out seems!

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 02:53:24 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

We offered players with potential and first round picks as well.  Maybe you missed it.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2014, 02:54:55 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75

I thought the package now included that Euro star - Mirotic.

I think the package is Gibson, Mirotic, McDermott and #1. The package has to include Mirotic for Minny to even consider.

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2014, 02:58:26 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
It's possible if the Bulls do this, that they start Love at PF, Noah at C and Gasol off the bench.

If they pull this off, it makes them a very scary team.

Even if Rose isn't 100 percent.

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2014, 02:59:58 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458

We offered players with potential and first round picks as well.  Maybe you missed it.

I was referring to the first round picks as unproven rookies. Cuz thats what we basically offered right? Sullinger and two picks that turned out to be Smart and Young?
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2014, 03:00:18 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Unless Stein and Windhorst are just completely making this stuff up, this has to indicate the Love-to-Cavs talk has been blown waaaaaaaay out of proportion.  If Flip took Gibson and Butler over Wiggins, I believe the entire Twin Cities metro region would descend upon him and tear Flip limb from limb like a zombie megaherd.

Mike

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2014, 03:00:43 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
They just signed Mirotic. Theyre not chasing love. I call shenanigans.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2014, 03:09:38 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
They just signed Mirotic. Theyre not chasing love. I call shenanigans.

Agreed...this "report" is poppycock!

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2014, 03:10:53 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
The Celtics are still here Flip......

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2014, 03:16:51 PM »

Offline WBrownTrophy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Thanks Red
1.) This could be just the Wolves calling around to see if there are any other offers to consider before they close a deal with Cleveland.

2.) However, as Windhorst mentions, if the Wolves are really trying to get the best talent to win now, technically the Bulls have the best offer if the Warriors won't give up Klay.
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."
                                   -Red Auerbach

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2014, 03:30:57 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25634
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

2.) However, as Windhorst mentions, if the Wolves are really trying to get the best talent to win now, technically the Bulls have the best offer if the Warriors won't give up Klay.

The Twolves would probably be better off holding onto Love until at least the trade deadline, rather than taking the Bulls' purported offer.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes