Author Topic: [Rumor] Kevin Love to Cavaliers a done deal [Rumor]  (Read 17500 times)

Re: [Rumor] Kevin Love to Cavaliers a done deal [Rumor]
« Reply #75 on: July 22, 2014, 09:45:18 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Now, if Minnesota is willing to give one of those picks (from Memphis or Miami) to a team willing to take on Barea and Martin- that's how Boston (or Utah, Phoenix, Philly, whoever) could get involved as a 3rd team.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=o5fglaf

Is giving up non guaranteed deals (Bogans and co.) plus Fav, worth taking on Martin and Barea just for another pick?   At some point we gotta say no thank you.

The Miami pick would be worth it. The Bosh-lead Toronto teams were perennial lottery teams. I don't see Bosh plus a broken down Wade held together by duct tape with no motivation being much better.

I think they have a lot of motivation, LeBron leaving them high and dry and for Wade to make up for his playoff performance which lead to LBJ leaving. They will surely TRY to make LBJ feel he made the wrong choice. I will be watching the Mia and Cavs games (in part to wish for a new rule that makes them both lose LOL).
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #76 on: July 22, 2014, 09:49:23 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Now, if Minnesota is willing to give one of those picks (from Memphis or Miami) to a team willing to take on Barea and Martin- that's how Boston (or Utah, Phoenix, Philly, whoever) could get involved as a 3rd team.

Is giving up non guaranteed deals (Bogans and co.) plus Fav, worth taking on Martin and Barea just for another pick?   At some point we gotta say no thank you.

The Miami pick would be worth it. The Bosh-lead Toronto teams were perennial lottery teams. I don't see Bosh plus a broken down Wade held together by duct tape with no motivation being much better.

I think they have a lot of motivation, LeBron leaving them high and dry and for Wade to make up for his playoff performance which lead to LBJ leaving. They will surely TRY to make LBJ feel he made the wrong choice. I will be watching the Mia and Cavs games (in part to wish for a new rule that makes them both lose LOL).

Maybe so, but I don't see it. I see Bosh as a guy who decided to take the money and nice lifestyle in Miami rather than compete in Houston, and Wade has been falling apart and mailing it in for a while now.

« Reply #77 on: July 22, 2014, 10:28:18 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
what a joke Lebrons essay was how he wants to "mentor the kids" and be "patient" instead he's pushing his team to gut their roster to put a superteam around him ::)

has anyone really brought up the fact that both Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving(and verijao)have had injury histories for young players usually missing time each year?? will be interesting to see Lebron whine when one or both of those guys are missing games and he has to carry them and a poor supporting cast.

Not to mention, that team has no defense other than lebron...part of why miami was so good was the athleticism of wade/bosh as defenders...I really dont see that in cleveland.

« Reply #78 on: July 22, 2014, 11:45:39 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
why don't GM's do bogans-style non-guaranteed deals more often? you overpay a guy for one season (he knows he'll likely be traded, but he's getting a much bigger check than usual), then add on extra non-guaranteed years, and bingo, you have a valuable asset, instant cap space to any team you trade to. and every year there are teams desperate to clear cap space in the hopes of landing some big fish, i wonder why rebuilding teams don't do this tactic more often.
utah absorbed some contracts from golden state a year ago and got a 2 1st-round draft picks and 3 second-rounders. golden state used the cap space to sign iguodala. so utah got 5 picks for an aging, borderline star - it just shows how valuable cap space can be, i wonder if more GMs will catch on.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 11:56:21 PM by kraidstar »

« Reply #79 on: July 22, 2014, 11:56:38 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

Miami lost LeBron, Allen, Batier and Lewis.  They're replacing them with Deng, McRoberts, Granger and Napier.  Thrown in the fact that Wade is going to have to play a lot more minutes if they want to be competitive and there's definitely a chance that Miami could be a lot worse than anybody thinks.

Mike

« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2014, 12:08:25 AM »

Offline celticpride1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 40

I agree dont want Martin if we are rebuilding makes no sense have enough number ones!

« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2014, 12:24:44 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

Maybe so, but I don't see it. I see Bosh as a guy who decided to take the money and nice lifestyle in Miami rather than compete in Houston, and Wade has been falling apart and mailing it in for a while now.

So much more money, and the opportunity to be the best player on the team -- something everyone around here says they pine for.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #82 on: July 27, 2014, 11:09:27 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
And now for the latest twist, there's an article on probasketballtalk.com that says...

"However, the rumors are out there that Love does not want to opt in — he wants to be a free agent in 2015. He wants to hear the pitches and make his choice."

Which may be the real reason this is taking so long.

Mike

« Reply #83 on: July 27, 2014, 11:13:07 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
And now for the latest twist, there's an article on probasketballtalk.com that says...

"However, the rumors are out there that Love does not want to opt in — he wants to be a free agent in 2015. He wants to hear the pitches and make his choice."

Mike

You mean there's still a chance?!?! (not in the dumb, dumberer sense, I hope)

+1...that is great news if accurate

Also, let's hope that Cleveland and James get antsy and make moves to win now which takes them out of the Love sweepstakes next year.

« Reply #84 on: July 27, 2014, 11:27:22 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Mike

As well he should be unwilling to.  I doubt it's much of a hold up, either.  Why would he agree to opt in to Cleveland, for example, when LeBron can opt out after year 1?  The risk you're taking in trading for Love is hoping that he and LeBron work well together.  If they do, they'll both stay if you pay them.  If they don't, one will leave.  But also if they do, you're more likely to win, and that's the point.  If they don't work well together, why would you even want them for both max deals?

So yeah, I don't think it's a big risk in and of itself.  It's a risk it won't work, but if it does, Love isn't leaving.

« Reply #85 on: July 27, 2014, 11:29:49 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Mike

That could also mean that Love has already decided he's going to the Lakers next season as he's from Cali.

Who knows?

But I will say this, it would give me great pleasure to not see him dealt to Cleveland.

« Reply #86 on: July 27, 2014, 01:36:34 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Mike

That could also mean that Love has already decided he's going to the Lakers next season as he's from Cali.

Who knows?

But I will say this, it would give me great pleasure to not see him dealt to Cleveland.

If he's not opting in, which if he did opt in, I believe would make him a FA in the summer of 2016 when Lebron's deal runs out as well, letting them both get max deals when the cap is predicted to shoot up significantly, is very worrisome from the Cavs perspective.

Opting in would be Love's best option if he really wants to stay long term in Cleveland with Lebron and get the most money possible. It would also leave him with a backup option of leaving the Cavs in 2016 if Lebron somehow choses to leave or if their partnership doesn't work out. The fact that he does not want to make a 2-year commitment and prefers to be free at the end of this upcoming season is a bad sign.

I would refuse to trade Wiggins if he doesn't opt in.

« Reply #87 on: July 27, 2014, 04:22:18 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker

If he's not opting in, which if he did opt in, I believe would make him a FA in the summer of 2016 when Lebron's deal runs out as well, letting them both get max deals when the cap is predicted to shoot up significantly, is very worrisome from the Cavs perspective.

Opting in would be Love's best option if he really wants to stay long term in Cleveland with Lebron and get the most money possible. It would also leave him with a backup option of leaving the Cavs in 2016 if Lebron somehow choses to leave or if their partnership doesn't work out. The fact that he does not want to make a 2-year commitment and prefers to be free at the end of this upcoming season is a bad sign.

I would refuse to trade Wiggins if he doesn't opt in.

If Boston traded for Love and he left after one season, that would suck but Ainge could then let Rondo walk and start the rebuild from the ground up.  If Cleveland gives up Wiggins and Bennett and a 1st and Love Walks, they're screwed because they'll have LeBron and Kyrie and few assets to improve their team other than the expected cap room to come with the new TV deal.

Mike