Author Topic: [Rumor] Kevin Love to Cavaliers a done deal [Rumor]  (Read 17529 times)

Re: [Rumor] Kevin Love to Cavaliers a done deal [Rumor]
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2014, 06:32:29 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
This is my least favorite part of the season, and probably part of the reason I actively dislike Stevie Nicks era Fleetwood Mac.

Dude, there are some things you just can't say.

When the rain washes him clean, he'll know

This deal looks pretty much done. Love is not coming to Boston so I hope Ainge can help facilitate it. Potentially throw Bogans contract in and see if another asset is attainable.

HELL NO

I am not helping Cleveland get Love.

They can get Love on their own.

That would be as stupid and counter-productive as Minnesota not wanting to trade Kevin Love to Boston because of the Garnett deal (if that was true).

Yeah thanks....I'll decide whether I think it's stupid or not.

How does it benefit you if Kevin Love ends up with Cleveland?

Ainge shouldn't be stubborn and refuse to gain value just to make it harder for Cleveland to acquire Love, especially since it won't prevent a deal if the teams are just shopping for a third team to make the cap numbers work.  The Celtics are in a position where all they should care about is if they get value from a deal and if they are passing up future, greater value by trading an asset such as the unguaranteed nature of Bogans' contract too early.

I'm not picking the Cavs and the Twolves scraps. If they want to facilitate a three way trade, then look somewhere else.

If you could get Dieng or Bennett or another young guy on the cheap you do it, especially if it's clear that there's no way we're getting Love anyway

« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2014, 06:33:06 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I'm not picking the Cavs and the Twolves scraps.

If you're going to take another team's scraps, it might as well be from a team that is a bad talent evaluator and might be throwing away someone good.  After all, taking Danny Green from the Cavs refuse pile worked for the Spurs.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2014, 06:34:45 PM »

Offline KJR

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 37
Hey ... I don't want to know the reason why Love keeps right on walkin' on down the line.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 06:44:10 PM by KJR »

« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2014, 06:35:44 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
This is my least favorite part of the season, and probably part of the reason I actively dislike Stevie Nicks era Fleetwood Mac.

This deal looks pretty much done. Love is not coming to Boston so I hope Ainge can help facilitate it. Potentially throw Bogans contract in and see if another asset is attainable.

HELL NO

That would be as stupid and counter-productive as Minnesota not wanting to trade Kevin Love to Boston because of the Garnett deal (if that was true).

Ainge shouldn't be stubborn and refuse to gain value just to make it harder for Cleveland to acquire Love, especially since it won't prevent a deal if the teams are just shopping for a third team to make the cap numbers work.  The Celtics are in a position where all they should care about is if they get value from a deal and if they are passing up future, greater value by trading an asset such as the unguaranteed nature of Bogans' contract too early.

Exactly. You have to think about how it helps the Celtics and leave your ego at the door.  It's not as if we don't get in no other team will. If they will get it done regardless then why not potentially make your team better too.  It's just the same as when we helped them clear room for James... we helped Cavs make a great team in time, it didn't stop DA from doing it. If we get in this deal, it's to benefit us and it doesn't matter that it helps them because Danny should believe what he is doing is building a team that will eventually best whatever opposition is out there.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2014, 06:38:07 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

If you're going to take another team's scraps, it might as well be from a team that is a bad talent evaluator and might be throwing away someone good.  After all, taking Danny Green from the Cavs refuse pile worked for the Spurs.

Sorry, I don't deal in maybes. I don't think the Celtics are getting Dieng and Benett anyway, and I'm not interested in what they have left over.

« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2014, 06:43:48 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393

Sorry, I don't deal in maybes. I don't think the Celtics are getting Dieng and Benett anyway, and I'm not interested in what they have left over.

People have been saying this deal is done since the moment lebron signed... getting to be a real old story.

« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2014, 06:46:14 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Yeah, I won't be surprised if this deal doesn't get done.

« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2014, 06:56:38 PM »

Offline furball

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 95
Adrian Wojnarowski ?@WojYahooNBA 5m

Utah's trading John Lucas, Malcolm Thomas and Erik Murphy to Cleveland for Carrick Felix, future 2nd and $1M, sources tell Yahoo.
Expand

Looks like Cleveland found it's non-guarantees. 

« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2014, 06:56:41 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I'm actually glad that this deal is dragging because the further it drags, the better the chances of it not happening.  And that increases our chances exponentially.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2014, 06:58:47 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
This deal is gonna happen.

It's just of matter of when and how big will it be?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2014, 07:12:35 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Utah's trading John Lucas, Malcolm Thomas and Erik Murphy to Cleveland for Carrick Felix, future 2nd and $1M, sources tell Yahoo.
Expand

A future 2nd rounder and 1 million dollars? I'm glad Ainge held on to our non-guaranteed deals then, that's basically nothing.

« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2014, 07:21:08 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445

HELL NO

Exactly. You have to think about how it helps the Celtics and leave your ego at the door.  It's not as if we don't get in no other team will. If they will get it done regardless then why not potentially make your team better too.  It's just the same as when we helped them clear room for James... we helped Cavs make a great team in time, it didn't stop DA from doing it. If we get in this deal, it's to benefit us and it doesn't matter that it helps them because Danny should believe what he is doing is building a team that will eventually best whatever opposition is out there.

Right!  You guys are delusional if you sit there with your arms folded like a two year old that wants some darn ice cream while your team has a chance to get better.  Ge over yourselves.

« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2014, 07:23:13 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Expand

Depending on the deal, they may need more.

« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2014, 07:24:15 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
So this may explain why we didn't get Love?  Minny wanted not only a fair return on Love, they also want to unload their two worst contracts at the same time.

We'll see how this turns out but the Cavs will have definitely paid a lot for Love to come there.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2014, 07:24:18 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
This deal is gonna happen.

It's just of matter of when and how big will it be?
Yup.