Author Topic: [Rumor] Kevin Love to Cavaliers a done deal [Rumor]  (Read 17527 times)

Re: [Rumor] Kevin Love to Cavaliers a done deal [Rumor]
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2014, 03:55:06 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
  • GOT IT!!!
This is my least favorite part of the season, and probably part of the reason I actively dislike Stevie Nicks era Fleetwood Mac.

Dude, there are some things you just can't say.

When the rain washes him clean, he'll know

This deal looks pretty much done. Love is not coming to Boston so I hope Ainge can help facilitate it. Potentially throw Bogans contract in and see if another asset is attainable.

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2014, 03:57:03 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
  • GOT IT!!!
Marc Stein just tweeting that he's hearing more about this and it seems as if the Cavs have the main parts of the deal done and are just filling it out.

It'll be Wiggins/Bennett/1st rounder.   And Martin will be going to Cleveland most likely too.

You have to give the Wolves credit if they get that return plus ditch Martin in the deal.

Stein also said if martin is involved more pieces are coming to minny

I'd have to assume mostly non guaranteed contracts as Woj tweeted about.

Sam Amico just tweeting Dieng could be in the deal too which would be a get for Cleveland.

If Dieng is involved, Ainge needs to do what he can to route him to the C's.

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2014, 04:03:44 PM »

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 100
Marc Stein just tweeting that he's hearing more about this and it seems as if the Cavs have the main parts of the deal done and are just filling it out.

It'll be Wiggins/Bennett/1st rounder.   And Martin will be going to Cleveland most likely too.

You have to give the Wolves credit if they get that return plus ditch Martin in the deal.

Stein also said if martin is involved more pieces are coming to minny

I'd have to assume mostly non guaranteed contracts as Woj tweeted about.

Sam Amico just tweeting Dieng could be in the deal too which would be a get for Cleveland.

If Dieng is involved, Ainge needs to do what he can to route him to the C's.

If we supplied Bogans, Babb, and a second rounder, that should net us Dieng in that deal.

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2014, 04:08:43 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
If we supplied Bogans, Babb, and a second rounder, that should net us Dieng in that deal.
I'd even throw in the Clippers first if that's going to make it happen. Dieng is not a world-beater,  but he's probably as good as anything we can get in the end of the first round.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2014, 04:10:51 PM »

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 100
I'd even throw in the Clippers first if that's going to make it happen. Dieng is not a world-beater,  but he's probably as good as anything we can get in the end of the first round.

Definitely, I'd do that too if need be. Dieng and Zeller would be a nice young C core to develop.

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2014, 04:28:42 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2014, 04:29:40 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
This is my least favorite part of the season, and probably part of the reason I actively dislike Stevie Nicks era Fleetwood Mac.

This deal looks pretty much done. Love is not coming to Boston so I hope Ainge can help facilitate it. Potentially throw Bogans contract in and see if another asset is attainable.

HELL NO

I am not helping Cleveland get Love.

They can get Love on their own.

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2014, 04:39:02 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

HELL NO

Why wouldn't you want to carpetbag them for all they can offer?
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2014, 04:43:53 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

I think Dieng is a guy they project as an above-average starting center in the future and would want more for him than Ainge would ask for if another team wanted to trade for Olynyk.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2014, 04:44:34 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286

TP for liking Peter Green

« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2014, 04:45:17 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

HELL NO

That would be as stupid and counter-productive as Minnesota not wanting to trade Kevin Love to Boston because of the Garnett deal (if that was true).
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2014, 04:47:01 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

HELL NO

That would be as stupid and counter-productive as Minnesota not wanting to trade Kevin Love to Boston because of the Garnett deal (if that was true).

Yeah thanks....I'll decide whether I think it's stupid or not.

How does it benefit you if Kevin Love ends up with Cleveland?

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2014, 04:49:36 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

TP for liking Peter Green

And right back.

At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2014, 04:49:58 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

HELL NO

Keeps him off the Celtics.  :D

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2014, 04:58:17 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

HELL NO

I'm sure if Cleveland needs another trade partner to bring in Kevin Love, and is willing to offer that trade partner young players or picks for helping, one will emerge.  Teams like Philly, Orlando, and Utah have no interest in stopping the Love deal, because it's not going to affect their team-building at all.  The deal will happen.  I'd rather miss out on Love and get something than miss out and get nothing.  Missing out is pretty much guaranteed at this point, so might as well get something.