Author Topic: Jeff Green must be getting traded  (Read 8137 times)

Re: Jeff Green must be getting traded
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2014, 03:27:06 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Green may be traded, but he's no giveaway. People think we're just giving him away for nothing bc we're taking a low cost flier on Evan Turner?

Green may not have suddenly become the superstar we hoped he could, be he's still got significant value in his prime at age 28 with various capabilities. Evan Turner could add something to the mix in Boston but I think it's more likely that Bass, Anthony, Wallace, Bogans & Thornton are the guys Danny's looking to move or let expire at the earliest possible time.

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2014, 03:28:50 PM »

Offline QuickT

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 2
Why trade Green?  He's a very good player, an athlete, a shooter, etc...  There is no reason to trade Green.

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2014, 03:46:45 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
Green may be traded, but he's no giveaway. People think we're just giving him away for nothing bc we're taking a low cost flier on Evan Turner?

I agree with this 100%.  Green is a better player than Turner.  We aren't going to just dump him for whatever comes along.

I think it is Turner who is trade bait before the deadline after we feed him some minutes and improve his trade value.

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2014, 04:22:43 PM »

Offline dysgenic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
There's a lot of Green hating in Celtics nation, but the guy is a good player that does a lot of things really well.  If I were a GM for a contending team, I would want him.  IMO he has more value than people on this forum realize.

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2014, 04:42:39 PM »

Offline Al91

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 18
There's a lot of Green hating in Celtics nation, but the guy is a good player that does a lot of things really well.  If I were a GM for a contending team, I would want him.  IMO he has more value than people on this forum realize.

Well that's exactly it, isn't it? Boston is far from being a contending team so if Ainge and Co. decide to follow the "collect assets" route, why not trade Green for Prince's expiring? Or a younger player that can grow with the current core?

Don't get me wrong, I love Green. He's one of my favorite players on the team currently behind Rondo and Bradley. Unless we make a trade to get us in contention this year, or within the next two years, I'm not sure I see the worth. However, those sentiments don't bode well for Rondo either.

So the heck with it, keep Green, resign Rondo next year, compete!...for something.
Long-form is far from dead, but please refrain from paragraph-laden posts! Who wants to read that?!

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2014, 05:04:16 PM »

Offline DraftSmart33

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
Green might have more value at the midseason deadline or even at the end of the sea on when he will only have one year left on his deal (he also will have the option to opt out of his last year which also might make sense for him.)

If Durant falls through for Washington...and only than....he could be a nice fit.

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2014, 05:53:56 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Why do people say this after every move? Literally every time we trade or sign someone, someone else is out the door and it never happens.

It's obnoxious at this point.

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2014, 06:08:16 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
i do think green will be traded soon. one possibility could be the knicks, green + wallace for stoudemire. knicks get a modest talent upgrade, but at the cost of taking on an extra year of wallace. c's get a big expiring contract in amare.
knicks would still have enough cap space to sign a max player the following year.

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2014, 06:25:59 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Green for kofous and prince would be a good trade. Then trade prince and bass for trade exception(s) picks.  Try to get rid of wallace somehow

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2014, 07:26:53 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
Memphis is a nice fit, good call. I don't know what they would send back, though.

marc gasol?????  lol
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2014, 08:01:34 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Hmm, I think I'd be fine with trading Green for a young player, an expiring, and a middling 1st round pick. Maybe I'd do a trade with Charlotte for Biyombo and their future first?

Biyombo is no world beater but he's young, a shot blocker, and plus, that future first might end up being a serviceable player as well (even if the Hornets make the playoffs). I like Green but he is not helping this team in the near future, nor is he a building block.
- LilRip

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2014, 08:27:42 AM »

Offline Nef-Oracle

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 5
Yes. With Turner here we should trade him. Teams like Houston, Detroit, Atlanta would be happy to have him. A young player plus a pick is what we would get from him.

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2014, 08:40:51 AM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
Why do people say this after every move? Literally every time we trade or sign someone, someone else is out the door and it never happens.

No. It's really not obnoxious at all. It's logical. You don't have to be a genius to connect the dots. For one, basic math says someone has to go. We have 18 players. We can only keep 15. Hate to break it to you but someone else IS out the door before the season begins. We have 7-8 people for the SG and SF spots here. Turner signed here for environment and fit to rebuild his value. Meaning he is going to HAVE to get minutes here to do this. In order to get minutes. SOMEBODY is getting moved. Green is as likely a candidate as anyone because he is basically on an expiring deal and he is a tradeable asset.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2014, 08:46:18 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

No. It's really not obnoxious at all. It's logical. You don't have to be a genius to connect the dots. For one, basic math says someone has to go. We have 18 players. We can only keep 15. Hate to break it to you but someone else IS out the door before the season begins. We have 7-8 people for the SG and SF spots here. Turner signed here for environment and fit to rebuild his value. Meaning he is going to HAVE to get minutes here to do this. In order to get minutes. SOMEBODY is getting moved. Green is as likely a candidate as anyone because he is basically on an expiring deal and he is a tradeable asset.

We have 3 players on non-guaranteed contracts, so if we make no trades, they will be let go. There is no necessity to make a trade.

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2014, 08:47:50 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Yeah I could see Green for Tayshuan Prince which wouldn't be bad.

Prince is an expiring contract and would be a good veteran to have with so many young players on the team.

As for Green, I think Memphis would be a good landing spot for him.