Author Topic: how to take advantage of Cleveland and minisota  (Read 1595 times)

how to take advantage of Cleveland and minisota
« on: July 22, 2014, 12:13:51 PM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA  ·  27m
Cleveland's searching league for non-guaranteed contracts that potentially could be included in a bigger deal later, sources tell Yahoo.

Boston sends: bogans and sully
boston gets: deing

Cleveland sends: wiggins,bennet thompson 1st round pick

Minnesota sends Love,deign
minnesota gets wiggins bennet thompson sully and clevland pick
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

Re: how to take advantage of Cleveland and minisota
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 12:17:27 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Isn't one of the reasons we can't get Love is because Minny doesn't want Sully?

There is no way in h - e double hockey sticks that they trade their young rim protecting prospect whos killin' it in training camp for Sully.

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 12:37:11 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ohqtbeh

They get 4.3 mil in salaries in exchange for Haywoods 2.2?

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 12:38:38 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I think people should give up on trade proposals that have the Wolves giving up Dieng.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 09:43:04 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
So the rumor is that the TWolves want to move Martin's $18M/3yr deal and Barrea's $4M expiring along with Love. I worked for about 20 minutes on the trade machine to figure out a way to work that out.

For the purposes of this exercise you can either assume that the Cavs are moving Thompson or you can assume, as I am doing, that contract is a stand-in for Wiggins. Either way it's pretty close.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=nahu55g

That would be the player transaction. Boston would get the 2015 MIA pick that Cleveland owns. Philly would get back the rights to their 1st rounder (likely 2nds) from us.

I think it works for all teams. We take on one bad contract in Martin in order to get Waiters and a 1st round pick likely in the teens.

Cleveland starts:

Irving
???
James
Love
Varejao

With Haywood, Thompson, Miller and Jones coming off the bench. They would need to get a startin SG but someone like Ray Allen, Shannon Brown or Dahntay Jones should come cheap.

Minnesota gets salary relief, a guy with huge upside in Wiggins and a project in Bennett as well as dumping 10M in salaries. This is seriously a best case scenario for them.

Philly uses some of their cap space to collect assets and create more cap room next season. Not sure they will do this but there are a few teams with cap space to absorb Bass. He might also fetch something around the trade deadline.

Boston does it to set up for a bigger move. We get another 1st round pick, a young, talented kid in Waiters and an expiring deal in Barea. I know Martin is a bad contract but that is a lot of value for taking him. He's also not a bad player, just overpaid.