Author Topic: Turners signing = another move coming?  (Read 2070 times)

Turners signing = another move coming?
« on: July 22, 2014, 08:14:20 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
to me, the biggest thing with the turner signing is what is ainges next move? this roster is very disjointed right now. We have so many guards I almost wonder how stevens is going to manage the rotations.

But despite what people are saying, I like what ainge has done this summer. while we didnt land a big fish, ainge is setting us up perfectly to have the assets to go after a big fish. Ainge has put together a roster with some nice young tradeable pieces and acquired a bevy of draft picks. If/when some of those guys pan out he is going to have a TON of tradeable pieces to throw at teams to make a blockbuster deal without totally gutting the roster.

guys I think we will showcase early on to up their trade value...

1. Thornton(nice big expiring contract, can help a team looking to get over the hump.)
2. Turner - if stevens can get him to play to his potential this opens up a trade, or opens up us being able to move Green
3. Zeller - when given minutes with cleveland he was very productive. I expect him to be our starting center. If he produces similarly he could be a valuable asset.

Re: Turners signing = another move coming?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 08:26:51 AM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
Doesn't Green to Detroit with other assets for either Monroe or Smith make sense for both teams?

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 08:39:42 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Doesn't Green to Detroit with other assets for either Monroe or Smith make sense for both teams?

Yup.

If I had a choice, I'd rather go with Monroe which makes sense as there are reports saying that Detroit will not move Smith. Deal Green, Bass and the Clippers pick to Detroit for Monroe.

I think Monroe will give us more consistent offense. I also think this lineup is a playoff team.

PG-Rondo/Smart
SG-Bradley/Thornton
SF-Turner/Wallace
PF-Sully/Olynyk
C-Monroe/Zeller

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 08:44:05 AM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
I think for the most part the roster is set .. it has to be trimmed to 15 while obviously spells the cuts of Babb, Johnson, and Bogans.

The people hoping that the Celtics can trade away Wallace contract this year need to pray for something else.. its not going to happen.. First no team will take that on with 2 years, maybe next year but Danny wouldnt surrender a few draft picks as bait... just not going to happen.

The last name out there that makes any significance is Monroe, which has not a single report involving the Celtics. Could Danny come out of nowhere and land him, sure. The Celtics have the assets for Monroe. Not Love.

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 08:47:22 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I think for the most part the roster is set .. it has to be trimmed to 15 while obviously spells the cuts of Babb, Johnson, and Bogans.

The people hoping that the Celtics can trade away Wallace contract this year need to pray for something else.. its not going to happen.. First no team will take that on with 2 years, maybe next year but Danny wouldnt surrender a few draft picks as bait... just not going to happen.

The last name out there that makes any significance is Monroe, which has not a single report involving the Celtics. Could Danny come out of nowhere and land him, sure. The Celtics have the assets for Monroe. Not Love.

Personally, I think there's another move to be made.

There are too many SGs and SFs on the team right now and even with the addition of Zeller, I still think we need another big (not to mention Zeller is more of a back-up).

Monroe would be just what the doctor ordered and I am not talking about Marilyn.

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 08:59:03 AM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
Zeller, Faverani, Olynck, Sullinger, Bass, Wallace, Anthoney... that a lot of bigs ...2's and the 3's are pretty much set... its all now who will play and who will be benched but you can wait till season starts in order to post.. My guess is Young goes to the D league and the other usuals (Pressey, Anthoney, Wallace) stay on the bench... So that sets a 12 man roatation, give or take..

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2014, 09:17:53 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Zeller, Faverani, Olynck, Sullinger, Bass, Wallace, Anthoney... that a lot of bigs .

Wallace is only 6-7 and that is big to most people but not in the NBA.   Green on the other hand is 6-9.

I see Bass being moved because he takes away valuable playing time from Sully and Oly.

I could see Rondo being the guy sent to Detroit for Monroe sadly.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 09:25:06 AM by Celtics4ever »

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2014, 09:25:50 AM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
Wallace plays the 4.. Green plays a 2 or 3...

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2014, 09:27:12 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
if we are working on a trade, I hope it's for some actual good players that can play and not more jared bayless's, jeff green's and Gerald Wallace's. or more draft picks for that matter...they're great and all. but if you're accumulating all of these draft picks and everyone knows you can't use all of them and your plan then is to trade them, but no one values them?

then they're really not assets at all. 

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2014, 09:28:55 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I don't know why people keep saying Zeller is a back-up. In a league with scarce big men, Zeller will start for the Cs.

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2014, 09:42:23 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I've been saying that if Turner was signed, a trade between Detroit and Boston could be brewing. Green, Bogans unguranteed/expiring, and Bass + 2015 clippers pick (it will probably be low anyways, mid 20s because the Clippers could be contenders next season) for Monroe OR Jsmoove. And maybe another asset Detroit doesn't want (Singler?)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2014, 09:50:28 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I don't think Turner signing means that another move is coming. He was signed because he has upside and is better than who we would have otherwise had on the end of our roster.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2014, 09:50:34 AM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
Why do people keep thinking that Det wants Green so bad? There has not been one report of Green to Det or any link between the Celtics and Monroe.. Y'all are just dreaming.. If there was a trade Det would want Sully or KO and probably picks..

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2014, 09:52:46 AM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
I don't think Turner signing means that another move is coming. He was signed because he has upside and is better than who we would have otherwise had on the end of our roster.

Exactly.. Stock your team with players who you can get on the cheap with high upside.. if it works great, if not its not a terrible hit.. There is no way DA is planning to replace Green with Turner at this point... that is nonsense..

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2014, 02:17:26 PM »

Offline erisred

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
With Danny, there is always another move coming.  8)

The next move might be as little as release Johnson, Babb and Bogans, though. That would put the C's at 15 guaranteed contracts and 3 players at all five positions. Danny will try to finagle a pick or two out of those guys before letting them go, I'm sure.

OTOH, if something "big" presents itself sometime down the road this season Danny has put the C's into a good position to take a swing at it.

Balanced, flexible and churning the trade waters to build assets is Danny's MO.