Poll

Would you want Meyers Leonard if the price was low?

Yes, he is a beast and could be a starting center in this league
5 (16.1%)
Sure, we can take a flyer on him
9 (29%)
Only if he were essentially free
13 (41.9%)
No, he is a bum
4 (12.9%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Meyers Leonard ?  (Read 4463 times)

Re: Meyers Leonard ?
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2014, 08:37:55 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I have had a bit of a man crush on this guy. He is a legit 7"1, 7"3 wingspan 270 pound beast with like 5% body fat. He is a physical freak and has a workout ethic to boot. He is also only 22 years old.

His numbers don't look great, espcially since his minutes got cut last year, but he still posted 11 Reb/ 9 pts per 36. He is an 80% ft shooter which is great for a center and shows he has skill.

He is pretty low on the Portland Totem pole, now with Kaman signed, so we may be able to get him cheap.

Your thoughts?

Well, can't say I've got a crush on him, but I wouldn't mind trading for him as a back-up center.

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2014, 09:32:17 AM »

Offline Joe Green

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 25
He had a very decent rookie campaign with 5.5 pts / 3.7 rebs / on 17.5 min with efficient 55% fg then saw his total playing time cut by 75%. That is not a way to build confidence in a young player.

He needs a real shot to play 20-25 mpg before we can make a call, and with our center position being what it is, we could be an ideal opportunity for him.

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2014, 11:39:59 PM »

Offline hagar55voa

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 12
Don't need him...We got Zeller...

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2014, 11:57:11 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
That's the second man crush in the last week ;D  It's got to be some kind of record for celticsblog, right?  I'm sure someone keeps a tally of such important information (sarcasm). ::) 

You are right, I must have been living a lie for 40 years. For the record, if it gets the Celtics banner #18 I am willing to stand on the leading float at the next gay pride parade (;

Wow, you completely misunderstood what I said.  I just find the whole concept of a, "man crush," to be quite hilarious.  Perhaps it's just the wording.  'There was another thread entitled, "I have a man crush on Patric Young."

At any rate, I wasn't saying that you were gay, and even if you were, who cares?  Why does that matter?  I'm not questioning your manhood and/or sexual orientation.  JEEZ people, calm down.  I had no idea that pointing out the anomaly of 2 man crushes in a week in the forums of Celticsblog could be seen as a personal attack.  WOW :o

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2014, 12:26:28 AM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
That's the second man crush in the last week ;D  It's got to be some kind of record for celticsblog, right?  I'm sure someone keeps a tally of such important information (sarcasm). ::) 

You are right, I must have been living a lie for 40 years. For the record, if it gets the Celtics banner #18 I am willing to stand on the leading float at the next gay pride parade (;

Wow, you completely misunderstood what I said.  I just find the whole concept of a, "man crush," to be quite hilarious.  Perhaps it's just the wording.  'There was another thread entitled, "I have a man crush on Patric Young."

At any rate, I wasn't saying that you were gay, and even if you were, who cares?  Why does that matter?  I'm not questioning your manhood and/or sexual orientation.  JEEZ people, calm down.  I had no idea that pointing out the anomaly of 2 man crushes in a week in the forums of Celticsblog could be seen as a personal attack.  WOW :o

Its okay Joe Green we understand you.  ;D BTW Jason Collins says hi  :-*

Nah just messin with you
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2014, 12:47:28 AM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
He had a very decent rookie campaign with 5.5 pts / 3.7 rebs / on 17.5 min with efficient 55% fg then saw his total playing time cut by 75%. That is not a way to build confidence in a young player.

He needs a real shot to play 20-25 mpg before we can make a call, and with our center position being what it is, we could be an ideal opportunity for him.

he's built in the same athletic mold as Byron Mullens... I just have no idea why guys that athletic always develop shying away from contact and become stretch 4s/5s. You're better off becoming a paint enforcer.. but that's just IMO
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2014, 12:53:01 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

he's built in the same athletic mold as Byron Mullens... I just have no idea why guys that athletic always develop shying away from contact and become stretch 4s/5s. You're better off becoming a paint enforcer.. but that's just IMO

Byron Mullens is a much better player than Leonard at this point. That says a lot.

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2014, 01:03:22 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
The problem with getting too many project bigs is that you'd be cutting into Zeller's development time.  He will need minutes too.  If Leonard is cheap, I wouldn't mind, but right now, I'm more interested in landing an established rim protector such as a Sanders. 

If we can trade a 8-9ish contract [Green or Thornton or Bass+Filler] plus a pick for Sanders that would be an outstanding pickup that improves our team Today.

Sanders among other Bucks rumored to be trade options:
http://www.sportsworldreport.com/articles/32226/20140721/milwaukee-bucks-trade-rumors-larry-sanders-oj-mayo-ersan-ilyasova-kendall-marshall-brandon-knight-options-to-76ers-or-wizards.htm

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2014, 01:04:49 AM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122

Byron Mullens is a much better player than Leonard at this point. That says a lot.

considering byron's still 3 years older that's only avg more than 10-6 once.. "much better" is exagerrating
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens