Author Topic: Three-Team Trade Idea for Smith and Sanders (Bos-Det-Mil)  (Read 7002 times)

Re: Three-Team Trade Idea for Smith and Sanders (Bos-Det-Mil)
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2014, 10:05:36 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I continue to be mystified at the interest here in Josh Smith.   I get that he has all-star calliber talent, but all the frustrations that so many of us have had with Antoine Walker and Jeff Green will be ever-present with Josh Smith.  Not only is he not the answer -- he's not even part of the answer.  Let Josh Smith earn his $14 million a year elsewhere.

I think he deserves a chance. Just too good a player. I mean all player have their warts. Plus, if Rondo is in the long-term plans of the Celts, why not add Smith?

« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2014, 12:38:44 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
I continue to be mystified at the interest here in Josh Smith.   I get that he has all-star calliber talent, but all the frustrations that so many of us have had with Antoine Walker and Jeff Green will be ever-present with Josh Smith.  Not only is he not the answer -- he's not even part of the answer.  Let Josh Smith earn his $14 million a year elsewhere.

I think he deserves a chance. Just too good a player. I mean all player have their warts. Plus, if Rondo is in the long-term plans of the Celts, why not add Smith?

Then to me you would need to be getting rid of 23 of KO, Sully and Bass

« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2014, 12:55:42 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
Giving up Marcus Smart & a potential top 5 pick being that we will stink for Josh Smith? Eeeehhh I don't think Smith is going to be good for long once his superb jumping ability leaves. His game is totally predicated on leaping & once that's league average he is a Gerald Wallace clone!

« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2014, 01:10:26 PM »

Offline Celticjay

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 19
I thinks we should try to get Sanders as he would really work well with Sully and Olynk.  Sanders is a buy low guy right now and shouldn't be too hard to pry away.  His defense, rim protection and athleticism would really pair nicely with are 2 PF"s.   I think Olynk could score 17 a night in a starters role and his passing and shooting would really open up the lanes.

C: Sanders, Zeller
PF: Olynk, Sully, Bass
SF: Green, Turner, Young
SG: Bradley, Smart, Thornton
PG: Rondo, Smart, Pressey

That team has 3 decent shooters to pair with Sanders and Rondo. 

Then next year if we are able to get a top centre in the draft we could always ship Sanders away if needed.   

Main point is Olynk and Sully need an athletic rim protector to partner with...