Author Topic: Three-Team Trade Idea for Smith and Sanders (Bos-Det-Mil)  (Read 7001 times)

Three-Team Trade Idea for Smith and Sanders (Bos-Det-Mil)
« on: July 22, 2014, 01:56:07 AM »

Offline jbp126

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
Trading for Josh Smith and Larry Sanders isn't likely but it'd be a fun team.

Boston Out: Bass, Smart, Wallace, Bogans, 2015 LAC 1st round pick, 2016 1st round pick
Boston In: Josh Smith, Larry Sanders

Detroit Out: Josh Smith
Detroit In: Gerald Wallace, Marcus Smart, 2016 Boston 1st round pick

Milwaukee Out: Larry Sanders
Milwaukee In: Brandon Bass, Keith Bogans, 2015 LAC 1st round pick

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ldtc9vn
(I used Joel Anthony for Marcus Smart because he can't be traded yet)

Why Boston does it: The Celtics become a win-now team with a starting five of Rondo, Bradley, Green, Smith, and Sanders. Coming off the bench are Pressey, Turner, Sullinger, and Olynyk. They'll have a defensive-minded, athletic, and relatively young core.

Why Detroit does it: The Pistons get a great prospect in Marcus Smart, a pick, and free up cap space to extend Drummond in 2016.

Why Milwaukee does it: The Bucks clear their locker room of any possible negative influence Sanders could have on Parker, receive a quality backup big man in Bass, and save money immediately by cutting Bogans.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 02:55:06 AM by jbp126 »

Re: Three-Team Trade for Smith and Sanders (Bos-Det-Mil)
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 02:17:53 AM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 101
  • B's Up
I like the idea and agree it would be a fun team to watch. But I don't see either team accepting it. We would have to ship out green and sully/ko for them to think twice
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 02:25:46 AM »

Offline jbp126

• Jaylen Brown
I like the idea and agree it would be a fun team to watch. But I don't see either team accepting it. We would have to ship out green and sully/ko for them to think twice

I'd still do the trade replacing Green for Wallace and Olynyk for Bogans.

Rondo/Pressey
Bradley/Thorton/Young
Turner/Wallace
Smith/Sullinger
Sanders/Zeller

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 02:28:24 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
The thing with this trade is that I don;t see MIL or DET turning down those offers. I don't even think Flip Saunders would turn down those offers if he was the gm for MIL or DET, and you know how I feel about negotiating with that peacock.

Sanders is someone who can be a game changer on the defensive end. There are far less defensive minded centers in the league today, and even less elite ones. IMO Sanders was cut off by the knees last year(his fault and not his fault) and if he could continue to build where he left off in 12'-13' season, we would be getting the best defensive center in the league....IMO....and in the opinion of science and math ;D

I do have t be honest and say that I do not like trading smart. I am also almost always in the camp for trading Rondo, if the price is right, but Rondo, Bradley, Green, Smith, Sanders is a contending team. Also the bench would be great.

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 02:30:10 AM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 101
  • B's Up
I think they might pull the trigger on that then. I think green is what Detroit needs because Smith at sf wasn't working last year plus they need cap to resign their young stars
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 02:33:25 AM »

• Ray Allen
Trading for Josh Smith and Larry Sanders isn't likely but it'd be a fun team.

Boston Out: Bass, Smart, Wallace, Bogans, 2015 LAC 1st round pick, 2016 1st round pick
Boston In: Josh Smith, Larry Sanders

Detroit Out: Josh Smith
Detroit In: Gerald Wallace, Marcus Smart, 2016 Boston 1st round pick

Milwaukee Out: Larry Sanders
Milwaukee In: Brandon Bass, Keith Bogans, 2015 LAC 1st round pick

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ldtc9vn
(I used Joel Anthony for Marcus Smart because he can't be traded yet)

Why Boston does it: The Celtics become a win-now team with a starting five of Rondo, Bradley, Green, Smith, and Sanders. Coming off the bench are Pressey, Turner, Sullinger, and Olynyk. They'll have a defensive-minded, athletic, and relatively young core.

Why Detroit does it: The Pistons get a great prospect in Marcus Smart, a pick, and free up cap space to extend Drummond in 2016.

Why Milwaukee does it: The Bucks clear their locker room of any possible negative influence Sanders could have on Parker, receive a quality backup big man in Bass, and save money immediately by cutting Bogans.

tp for the trade idea.

Having Sanders at center gives us an advantage over Cleveland and would neutralize Hibbert in a 7 game series.

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2014, 02:39:26 AM »

Offline jbp126

• Jaylen Brown
I do have t be honest and say that I do not like trading smart. I am also almost always in the camp for trading Rondo, if the price is right, but Rondo, Bradley, Green, Smith, Sanders is a contending team. Also the bench would be great.

I'm reluctant to give up Smart before he gets a chance to show what he can do but I think it'd be worth it in this case. C's need to pick a direction with the youth movement or winning now (I don't think it's realistic that they can move ahead with Rondo and Smart but that's a completely different topic).

This potential lineup reminds me of a more athletic, worse-shooting version of the Detroit squads of the mid 00s.

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2014, 02:40:29 AM »

• Ray Allen
If the Cavs do get Love, I like the chances of Josh Smith being able to defend him. When Smith is in a good system and plays pf he is an all star caliber pf, and a true 2 way player.Rondo Bradley Green Smith Sanders is an insane defensive team.

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2014, 02:42:36 AM »

• Ray Allen

I'm reluctant to give up Smart before he gets a chance to show what he can do but I think it'd be worth it in this case. C's need to pick a direction with the youth movement or winning now (I don't think it's realistic that they can move ahead with Rondo and Smart but that's a completely different topic).

This potential lineup reminds me of a more athletic, worse-shooting version of the Detroit squads of the mid 00s.

I agree it does remind of the Pistons back then, but with a much better bench.

EDIT: And a much better GM
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 02:48:33 AM by Future Celtics Owner »

Re: Three-Team Trade Idea for Smith and Sanders (Bos-Det-Mil)
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2014, 06:29:24 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
I'm not keen on giving up Smart or acquiring Smith. I wonder, however, if something could be worked out that would swing Monroe to Milwaukee and Sanders to the C's.

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2014, 07:33:46 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice

[/quote]
Rondo/Pressey
Bradley/Thorton/Young
Turner/Wallace
Smith/Sullinger
Sanders/Zeller
[/quote]

Unfortunately that team would have a lot of temper issues. Lacks a good shooter
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2014, 11:02:05 AM »

Offline jbp126

• Jaylen Brown
I wouldn't be too concerned about the tempers, but the shooting would be a pretty big issue.

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2014, 11:19:09 AM »

• Ray Allen
I would like to try and keep Green in this deal. JBP126 and I agree that if you put Green in a situation where he is the third or fourth option, his game actually gets much better.

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2014, 11:24:54 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I don't like the idea of us giving Smart, and I don't see why we would need to...

I also most likely see Monroe being the odd man out, as Smith can complement Drummond on the defensive end better.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2014, 11:34:57 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
I'm not keen on giving up Smart or acquiring Smith. I wonder, however, if something could be worked out that would swing Monroe to Milwaukee and Sanders to the C's.

... that actually sounds fairly intriguing.  The Bucks don't really have a low-post scorer, but Henson and Sanders are both long, shot-blocking, rim-protecting types.  Henson would probably be a better fit with the more offensively-mided Monroe than he is with Sanders.