Author Topic: Clippers Projection  (Read 1244 times)

Clippers Projection
« on: July 22, 2014, 12:25:13 AM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
We have their first round pick...

Any chance they seriously underachieve? Come end of the season, where do we expect the pick to be?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 01:39:42 AM by Jiri Welsch »

Re: Clippers Projection
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 12:34:55 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Barring duel Chris Paul and Blake Griffin injuries, it's outside the lottery. Barring at least 20 games missed by Chris Paul, it's in the 20s.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 12:57:06 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Well if the players stick to their word and Sterling is still owner, we are looking at a top 4 pick.Now that the cameras, media, and the twitter storm have moved on to their next feeding frenzy, I doubt the players will protest getting paid from a racist. Its sad in my book.

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 12:59:23 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Well if the players stick to their word and Sterling is still owner, we are looking at a top 4 pick.Now that the cameras, media, and the twitter storm have moved on to their next feeding frenzy, I doubt the players will protest getting paid from a racist. Its sad in my book.

Easy to say though when you're not the guy pulling down millions of dollars. It's probably even less of a moral conundrum for the players making the vet min who are just happy to be paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to play basketball. 

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 01:05:59 AM »

• Ray Allen
I'm real rooting for the Clips to fall apart this year. But they def got more depth with adding Spencer Hawes.

Since the West is so competitive, if Blake or cp3 get injured for the year their chances of making the playoffs takes a huge hit. I'm also hoping that cp3 takes a huge step back in his game this year and the chemistry on the team suffers.

If that pick ended up being a top 10 pick it would help this franchise a ton. Even if we don't draft the player we could always trade it with Geralds contract

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 01:13:28 AM »

• Ray Allen

Easy to say though when you're not the guy pulling down millions of dollars. It's probably even less of a moral conundrum for the players making the vet min who are just happy to be paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to play basketball.

No I agree with you as well. I like to think I have a pretty open mind but I can't stand fake outrage perpetuated by the 24 hour news. Its all just a big joke.

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2014, 01:45:01 AM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
The pick is unprotected, correct?

I don't expect the Sterling situation to affect any games. I think the best case scenario (as uncouth as it is to state outwardly) is an injury or a decline in CP3's production.

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2014, 01:57:12 AM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
This should be the best Clippers team yet. The Hawes signing addresses their number one need, a nice back up big.

I really want a nice pick from them, but i think it will be in the 25-30 range.

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2014, 02:00:46 AM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
Best case scenario: 2nd round exit; Worst case scenario: 10th seed in the West;
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;