Author Topic: Trade for rim protector  (Read 3446 times)

Trade for rim protector
« on: July 21, 2014, 09:42:25 PM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
 chris johnson clevland first rounder for deing. He is a good young rim protector.

money works http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kuw2rtu

his stats are  4.8 ppg, 5 rebounds and 0.8 bpg but he has a PER of 16.58. he has only played 13 min a game. he was a rookie last year so I think he will improve greatly

« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 09:48:40 PM by Hawkeye199 »
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

Re: Trade for rim protector
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 09:46:04 PM »

Offline green147

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Minny says no. They love Dieng and aren't looking for picks. I want that young rim protector too to even out our roster, just don't think the Celts could pry Dieng away.

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 10:02:14 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
Package Bass, Bogans expiring and filler for Pekovic instead of Dieng.
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 10:09:36 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
chris johnson clevland first rounder for deing. He is a good young rim protector.

his stats are  4.8 ppg, 5 rebounds and 0.8 bpg but he has a PER of 16.58. he has only played 13 min a game. he was a rookie last year so I think he will improve greatly

They would laugh at you

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 10:13:19 PM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
Minny says no. They love Dieng and aren't looking for picks. I want that young rim protector too to even out our roster, just don't think the Celts could pry Dieng away.

what about evan turner and brookline 2018 pick.

this is from espn
Digest this: In terms of how much these rookies will likely impact the league, Dieng has proved to be the one guy who can lead this class over the next five years or so. Had Minnesota played him from day one, he'd be the Rookie of the Year.

We're talking about the complete package for a center in today's NBA -- rebounding, shot-blocking, paint protection (long arms, quick feet, and active and aggressive hands are the perfect storm), perimeter shooting, quick slashes to the rim, excellent finishing skills in the paint, and a deft feel for interior passing.

Dieng has shown he has all those tools -- which, by the way, also helped his college team win a title last spring. This large and agile man is a double-double machine who has sprinkled in monster games with consistently productive ones. It is fair to suggest that he has All-Star potential.

espn has him here http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10792969/rookie-watch-all-rookie-teams?ex_cid=espnapi_public
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 01:19:58 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I would like Dieng but young rim-protectors on cheap rookie deals are very hard to come by.

I think we'd have a better chance at Larry Sanders.

The following trade worked on ESPN trade machine:
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=llez92l

Bass + Bogans for Sanders

Bass is a 6.9m expiring

And Bogans is a 5.2m non-guaranteed.

The Bucks get nearly 12m dollars in cap relief by the end of the year, an immediate 5m dollar cap trim by cutting Bogans, and also get out of the final 3 years and 33m dollars still owed to Sanders.

We'll probably have to throw in a pick or a young player as well to entice the Bucks, but I see this trade as a big win for the Bucks' cap situation.  And the Celtics would finally have a legit rim protector in place at the 5 position.

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2014, 03:16:17 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I would like Dieng but young rim-protectors on cheap rookie deals are very hard to come by.

I think we'd have a better chance at Larry Sanders.

The following trade worked on ESPN trade machine:
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=llez92l

Bass + Bogans for Sanders

Bass is a 6.9m expiring

And Bogans is a 5.2m non-guaranteed.

The Bucks get nearly 12m dollars in cap relief by the end of the year, an immediate 5m dollar cap trim by cutting Bogans, and also get out of the final 3 years and 33m dollars still owed to Sanders.

We'll probably have to throw in a pick or a young player as well to entice the Bucks, but I see this trade as a big win for the Bucks' cap situation.  And the Celtics would finally have a legit rim protector in place at the 5 position.

I don't think the Bucks are desperate for cap relief as nobody big would sign there anyway.  If they were smart they would see first if Sanders bounces back.   Him, Henson, Ilyosova, the Greek, Parker, Mayo, Knight ect is a decent young core.  That team had so many injuries last year and could bounce back a litte bit.  My guess is if they were to trade him they would look for a little more than cap relief.

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2014, 08:13:00 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
MIN needs Deing going forward, just because a trade can be suggested does not mean it will happen folks or is even remotely realistic.   It has about as much chance as Chris Johnson for LeBron of happening. ( I don't salaries do not match and there is zero possibility of happening) but using as an example of the absurdity of some of these trades.   Teams do not give away nice prospects for nothing.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 08:38:14 AM by Celtics4ever »

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2014, 10:14:58 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
MIN needs Deing going forward, just because a trade can be suggested does not mean it will happen folks or is even remotely realistic.   It has about as much chance as Chris Johnson for LeBron of happening. ( I don't salaries do not match and there is zero possibility of happening) but using as an example of the absurdity of some of these trades.   Teams do not give away nice prospects for nothing.

But we will have another 4 or more posts started with the same trades being offered...

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2014, 10:31:04 AM »

Offline celticpride1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 40
Do people think that every team just wants to give away there center for our garbage? Please if your going to come up with a realistic trade please do. Don't live in LA LA land and say Lets get Dwight Howard for Chris Babb.

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2014, 10:36:05 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
KO for Rudy Gobert

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2014, 10:50:06 AM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56

If you want something of value, you have to give the other team something of value. It is not my player that I'm going to cut anyway and a semi-worthless pick for your good young prospect with possibly a huge upside. A fair trade is painful for both teams. Flip has already said that he wants to compete for the playoffs this year. We're not getting him on the cheap.

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2014, 11:20:12 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Nice idea hawkeye, but Dieng is VERY coveted by the Wolves- he was an absolute beast at the end of the season and the whole NBA was hearing about it. He's worth a top 10 pick now and we'd have to give up a whole lot more than Johnson and a late first rounder.

Something like: Olynyk+Cavs 2016 first rounder or Sullinger+ Clippers 2016 first rounder

is what they'd be seeking at the very minimum, he's turning out to be what the Mavs and Pacers were hoping Ian Mahinimi might one day become- and he was a rookie!
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2014, 11:25:51 AM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
Sanders is an entirely different story because of his 11 million dollar salary for the next four seasons and his off the court issues. It's hard to get a true read on what they want to do with him. Do they want to get him and his huge cap hit out of town or do they want to bet that he will get his act together? Even if they prefer to move him, they are just not going to give that type of talent away. If they want to move him I think it would take at least Bogans, Olynyk, Young and filler if needed.