Author Topic: Rondo to Rockets and Green to Wizards trade ideas  (Read 6447 times)

Re: Rondo to Rockets and Green to Wizards trade ideas
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2014, 10:24:22 PM »

Offline elcotte

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 52
Just wondering where did you send KO & Wallace?
In any case, if I'm sending Rondo to Houston, I'm definitely sending Wallace with him. Otherwise, we're better off standing pat even if rondo simply walks...

They don't have that kind of salary match capability

Then don't do the deal.

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2014, 10:26:37 PM »

Offline Yb2

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
Just like you said. We have smart. We're not the Lakers. We are better equipped. But hey, you seem very stubborn about these trades. You don't accept friendly criticism. Ain't gonna waste more time on this.

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2014, 10:39:34 PM »

Offline DraftSmart33

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
Washington is Durants hometown and they just hired his high school coach to help bring him in at the end of the season...they don't want Green.

« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2014, 10:48:51 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Washington is Durants hometown and they just hired his high school coach to help bring him in at the end of the season...they don't want Green.

Who is going to their starting sf for this upcoming season?

« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2014, 10:57:59 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
If rondo leaves the celts after this upcoming season via FA, I wonder how many fans here will start getting upset and start booing him when he comes to play against the celts.

Sometimes a trade works out better for everyone.
Also consider that not many teams want rondo or those that do want him dont have the assets ppl want. The best value we get back for rondo  is the same kind of return okc got for harden imo

« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2014, 10:29:32 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182

https://twitter.com/paulpierce34/status/488188121255649280

with Otto Porter and Martell Webster backing him up in some order.

The Wizards wouldn't be interested in this deal, but not because Green would hinder their Durant chase -- at the very latest (if he picks up his option, for whatever reason), he's off the books by 2016, just in time for Durant-mania.  They wouldn't be interested in this deal because they're already set at the forward and frontcourt positions.  Their guard spots are the ones that are relatively light, since they're relying on a 38-year-old Andre Miller and possibly their 2013 second round pick as their primary backups.

« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2014, 10:39:05 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

Ever heard of Paul Pierce?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2014, 10:40:42 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

He is now a role player at best in the regular season. More mins in the playoffs maybe

« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2014, 10:44:14 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • What a Pub Should Be

He is now a role player at best in the regular season. More mins in the playoffs maybe

Tell me, who's going to start over him at SF on that team?

« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2014, 10:49:28 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

It was suppose to be ariza. So thats why green would be a nice replacement for them

« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2014, 10:52:22 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff

It was suppose to be ariza. So thats why green would be a nice replacement for them

... no.  If they retained Ariza, they weren't going to bring in Paul Pierce.  He's supposed to be an Ariza replacement.

Regardless, I don't see your point: Pierce was a starting role player on a playoff team this past season.  He will be a starting role player on a playoff this upcoming season.  They don't need him to be a star when they have Wall and Beal there.

« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2014, 10:54:39 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • What a Pub Should Be

... no.  If they retained Ariza, they weren't going to bring in Paul Pierce.  He's supposed to be an Ariza replacement.

Regardless, I don't see your point: Pierce was a starting role player on a playoff team this past season.  He will be a starting role player on a playoff this upcoming season.  They don't need him to be a star when they have Wall and Beal there.

The point is to keep backtracking and sling anything at the wall now to see if it sticks since everything up to this point has been refuted or in heavy dispute.

« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2014, 10:56:47 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

... no.  If they retained Ariza, they weren't going to bring in Paul Pierce.

Pp is not capable to play the whole year as a starter. Even if u dont need him to be the man he cant play at a high level more than 15 min.

« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2014, 10:59:51 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff

Pp is not capable to play the whole year as a starter. Even if u dont need him to be the man he cant play at a high level more than 15 min.

... except he literally just did that this past season on a playoff team.  13/5/2 on 45%/37% shooting from 3 for 28 minutes a night. That leaves 20 minutes for Porter and Webster to both cover him.

Exactly where is that playing time for those guys coming with Green in the mix?

Again, they don't need Green and they don't want Green.  They are set at the forward position.

« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2014, 11:03:40 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • What a Pub Should Be

PP went 13.5 ppg/4.6 rpg/2.4 apg while shooting 45% from the field and 37% from three point range on 28 minutes per game.   I think Washington would be relatively ecstatic if he could duplicate those numbers this upcoming season since he won't be the focus there.  That falls to Wall & Beal.  Pierce can be more than adequate as a starter there since he's not being asked to be the guy.

Btw, Green average 3 points more game playing 6 more minutes per game than Pierce with a worst FG & 3P percentages last season.