Author Topic: Rondo to Rockets and Green to Wizards trade ideas  (Read 6451 times)

Re: Rondo to Rockets and Green to Wizards trade ideas
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2014, 11:11:59 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Washington is Durants hometown and they just hired his high school coach to help bring him in at the end of the season...they don't want Green.

Who is going to their starting sf for this upcoming season?

Ever heard of Paul Pierce?

He is now a role player at best in the regular season. More mins in the playoffs maybe

Tell me, who's going to start over him at SF on that team?

It was suppose to be ariza. So thats why green would be a nice replacement for them

... no.  If they retained Ariza, they weren't going to bring in Paul Pierce.

Regardless, I don't see your point: Pierce was a starting role player on a playoff team this past season.  He will be a starting role player on a playoff this upcoming season.  They don't need him to be a star when they have Wall and Beal there.

Pp is not capable to play the whole year as a starter. Even if u dont need him to be the man he cant play at a high level more than 15 min.

PP went 13.5 ppg/4.6 rpg/2.4 apg while shooting 45% from the field and 37% from three point range on 28 minutes per game.   I think Washington would be relatively ecstatic if he could duplicate those numbers this upcoming season since he won't be the focus there.  That falls to Wall & Beal.  Pierce can be more than adequate as a starter there since he's not being asked to be the guy.

Btw, Green average 3 points more game playing 6 more minutes per game than Pierce with a worst FG & 3P percentages last season.

For a worse, non-playoff team to boot.

Pierce is somehow not a starting-caliber player yet Green is, despite Pierce having a better ability to facilitate and operate in isolation, putting up a higher PER than Green this past season, and having a WS/48 more than two times higher than Green.

Re: Rondo to Rockets and Green to Wizards trade ideas
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2014, 11:19:07 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
My brain hurts from reading this thread.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.