Author Topic: Rondo to Rockets and Green to Wizards trade ideas  (Read 6448 times)

Re: Rondo to Rockets and Green to Wizards trade ideas
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2014, 09:20:12 PM »

Offline Yb2

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
Just wondering where did you send KO & Wallace?
In any case, if I'm sending Rondo to Houston, I'm definitely sending Wallace with him. Otherwise, we're better off standing pat even if rondo simply walks...

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2014, 09:26:29 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
In any case, if I'm sending Rondo to Houston, I'm definitely sending Wallace with him. Otherwise, we're better off standing pat even if rondo simply walks...

They don't have that kind of salary match capability

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2014, 09:26:31 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
For next season we either try to win or go for a full rebuild

See I don't agree with this. Countless franchises have gone from the dregs to contenders without taking dynamite to the existing roster and going the Philly route.

I may get blasted for this, but what if Ainge feels a collection of Rondo,Bradley,Smart,Green,Young is capable of holding down the 1-2-3(positions, not best players on team) of a contender, eventually? To cast Rondo and Green off for scraps when it's really just the 4-5 that needs an upgrade would be hasty and I think dangerous to the future of the team. I realize based off of how I know you feel about Rondo and Olynyk that we probably won't see eye to eye on this.

Edit: And for clarity, when I say "upgrade" to the 4 or 5, I mean "bring in a megastar" upgrade, somehow.

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2014, 09:28:22 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

They don't have the salary match capability for Rondo and Bass, but that doesn't seem to bother you.

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2014, 09:32:40 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
For next season we either try to win or go for a full rebuild

See I don't agree with this. Countless franchises have gone from the dregs to contenders without taking dynamite to the existing roster and going the Philly route.

I may get blasted for this, but what if Ainge feels a collection of Rondo,Bradley,Smart,Green,Young is capable of holding down the 1-2-3(positions, not best players on team) of a contender, eventually? To cast Rondo and Green off for scraps when it's really just the 4-5 that needs an upgrade would be hasty and I think dangerous to the future of the team. I realize based off of how I know you feel about Rondo and Olynyk that we probably won't see eye to eye on this.

Edit: And for clarity, when I say "upgrade" to the 4 or 5, I mean "bring in a megastar" upgrade, somehow.

your megastar 5 better be like an Aldrige or Anthony Davis than.

Rondo and Green are both not take charge players. You want either one to carry you to a 5 game winning streak and you will be disappointed. Maybe one game here or there, but thats it

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2014, 09:33:24 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

They don't have the salary match capability for Rondo and Bass, but that doesn't seem to bother you.

if they traded their scraps, plus the players i listed and use the trade exception they got from the lakers, the trade can work

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2014, 09:36:46 PM »

Offline Yb2

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
The point is: why should we do Houston as solid? They are desperate and we have leverage. They have to pay or have a dreadful season.

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2014, 09:38:09 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
The point is: why should we do Houston as solid? They are desperate and we have leverage. They have to pay or have a dreadful season.

do you want another 1st?? Bc they don't have much else to offer now , except the players i listed

And Houston gives Rondo a chance to win . It's the same deal we gave KG and PP

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2014, 09:46:16 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

if they traded their scraps, plus the players i listed and use the trade exception they got from the lakers, the trade can work

Nope.  If they use the trade exception for Bass, they still need to add a little more than $6 million to what you listed for Rondo.  They don't have $6 million in scraps that they're allowed to trade.  And even if they did, you can't leave $6 million salary out of a trade because you found it inconvenient.  That's lazy.

And again, the Wizards can't trade for Green without sending back a lot of salary, because they don't have a large enough trade exception, and not doing so would put them over the hard cap that they're subject to.  If you think you know the CBA rules so well, pay attention to what you're posting.

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2014, 09:48:19 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Nope.  If they use the trade exception for Bass, they still need to add a little more than $6 million to what you listed for Rondo.  They don't have $6 million in scraps that they're allowed to trade.  And even if they did, you can't leave $6 million salary out of a trade because you found it inconvenient.  That's lazy.

And again, the Wizards can't trade for Green without sending back a lot of salary, because they don't have a large enough trade exception, and not doing so would put them over the hard cap that they're subject to.  If you think you know the CBA rules so well, pay attention to what you're posting.

how about this, i'm listing the principals. You can include scraps , etc to make the deals work. 

You can take out Bass for all i care.  The main pieces to trade is the focus

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2014, 10:11:22 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
To Rockets: Rondo, Bass
To Celtics: Capela, Jones, Canaan, 1st pick, trade exception

Wizards: Green
To Celtics: Trade exception, Choice of 2016,2017 1st (unprotected) and 2nd round pick

Lineup

C- Zeller/KO/Capela
PF - Sullinger/Jones
SF - Turner/Jones/Young
SG - AB/Thornton/Smart
PG- Smart/Pressey/Canaan
That team wouldn't win 15 games

and Ainge would be fired for making such a silly trade.  Trading Rondo  for 30 cents on the dollar...

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2014, 10:14:58 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
To Rockets: Rondo, Bass
To Celtics: Capela, Jones, Canaan, 1st pick, trade exception

Wizards: Green
To Celtics: Trade exception, Choice of 2016,2017 1st (unprotected) and 2nd round pick

Lineup

C- Zeller/KO/Capela
PF - Sullinger/Jones
SF - Turner/Jones/Young
SG - AB/Thornton/Smart
PG- Smart/Pressey/Canaan
That team wouldn't win 15 games

and Ainge would be fired for making such a silly trade.  Trading Rondo  for 30 cents on the dollar...

You might get 20 cents on the dollar by the trade deadline. You are not getting a drummond for rondo. Doesnt matter if rondo is a near triple double machine by the deadline. Its going to be prospects and picks not a nice player like beal in return

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2014, 10:15:23 PM »

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 29
What is the point of these trades? We are trading our best players, to good teams for their first round picks  ???

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2014, 10:17:29 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Just bc you are not getting back as what you perceive is equal you dont stand there and do nothing. Thats how the lakers got burnt.

Danny has smart and doesnt need to offer rondo the money he wants. I dont see him being a celtic after this upcoming season.

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2014, 10:19:54 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

do you want another 1st?? Bc they don't have much else to offer now , except the players i listed

And Houston gives Rondo a chance to win . It's the same deal we gave KG and PP

That's not enough value to justify the trade as an alternative to keeping Rondo with the intention of trying to re-sign him next summer.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference