Author Topic: Report: Celtics Signing Evan Turner  (Read 34512 times)

Re: Report: Celtics Signing Evan Turner
« Reply #195 on: July 22, 2014, 06:42:26 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
The only thing that worries me is he seems to need the ball in his hands often in order to be effective.  At a low risk cost it's a fine gamble though.

« Reply #196 on: July 22, 2014, 06:47:32 AM »

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72
I think it has been mentioned before, but I think Turner was brought in so we can trade Green. I still see Green + Picks for Monroe S&T as a really good move for both teams. Det get to move Smith to PF where he is actually a fairly efficient player, we get a Center who can score, rebound and is young enough to build around.

If that happens we will add the worst shooting SF pair (Turner - Crash) to the worst shooting PG pair (Rondo - Smart) in the NBA :)

No pain, no gain, but that spacing will be tough to watch. 
"We do so many defensive drills in practice, I come home and I'm putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball.
Y'all are laughing, but it's sad. I go home and deny the wing."

« Reply #197 on: July 22, 2014, 07:22:31 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
What better way to look like your try n that fielding a bunch of gunners who can shoot .

That's a recipe for a lottery pick

Turner will help . 

« Reply #198 on: July 22, 2014, 07:25:19 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Can turner be traded anytime?

Not until December 15th at the earliest.

« Reply #199 on: July 22, 2014, 07:38:31 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
What better way to look like your try n that fielding a bunch of gunners who can shoot .

Turner will help .
can't shoot

« Reply #200 on: July 22, 2014, 07:46:46 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

Turner will help .
can't shoot

This is debatable, but if he's a gunner who can't shoot, that's an even faster ticket to a lottery pick.

« Reply #201 on: July 22, 2014, 08:38:24 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429

Turner will help .
can't shoot

This is debatable, but if he's a gunner who can't shoot, that's an even faster ticket to a lottery pick.

As far as the can't shoot thing, I saw on the front page main Turner post that his eFG last year would have been 15th on the Celtics. That says he cannot shoot.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 12:45:50 PM by vinnie »

« Reply #202 on: July 22, 2014, 09:02:52 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

Turner will help .
can't shoot

As far as the can't shoot thing, I saw on the front page main Turner post that is EFG last year would have been 15th on the Celtics. That says he cannot shoot.

He takes a lot of off-the-dribble jumpers, which are terrible shots.  There's some evidence (although I can't find/link it from my phone) that he's an average shooter on the catch-and-shoot.  I will completely concede that he is a terrible shooter on the shots he takes, and he needs major work on shot selection.  That's not the exact same thing as being a terrible shooter, however.

« Reply #203 on: July 22, 2014, 09:31:57 AM »

Offline Ersatz

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 37
ET has inspired me:

« Reply #204 on: July 22, 2014, 12:04:55 PM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
Who else do you know that could get Tyler Zeller and Evan Turner for practically nothing???

Danny Ainge is playing 3 Card Monty with you guys and when he makes the final "big" move none of you will ever see it coming!!!  all these moves are small pieces that will eventually comprise the big picture.

« Reply #205 on: July 22, 2014, 12:14:45 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Evan Turner is a good player to have on a bad team. Once the team starts winning, Evan Turner has to be one of the first ones to go.

- LilRip

« Reply #206 on: July 22, 2014, 12:25:31 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
There was an article in the herald about how Turner's number one choice was Boston because of his relationship with Brad Stevens and the environment. Apparently Stevens has known him since he was in high school.  I'm sure his relationship with Sullinger helped too. You guys are totally ignoring his aspect and are assuming we acquired him just to showcase and trade him. It doesn't look like it. He may be a long term Stevens guy.

« Reply #207 on: July 22, 2014, 12:31:53 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
ET has inspired me:
TP.

Turner will help .
can't shoot

As far as the can't shoot thing, I saw on the front page main Turner post that is EFG last year would have been 15th on the Celtics. That says he cannot shoot.

You mean you weren't impressed by our squad's amazing shooting ability?
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #208 on: July 22, 2014, 01:33:05 PM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
There was an article in the herald about how Turner's number one choice was Boston because of his relationship with Brad Stevens and the environment. Apparently Stevens has known him since he was in high school.  I'm sure his relationship with Sullinger helped too. You guys are totally ignoring his aspect and are assuming we acquired him just to showcase and trade him. It doesn't look like it. He may be a long term Stevens guy.

I think Danny is collecting pieces to make a blockbuster trade but you might be right about Turner being a keeper.

« Reply #209 on: July 22, 2014, 01:38:27 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
A blockbuster trade for whom?
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.