Author Topic: Report: Celtics Signing Evan Turner  (Read 34547 times)

Re: Report: Celtics Signing Evan Turner
« Reply #75 on: July 21, 2014, 05:37:20 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Former #2 overall pick. I love it. Sure, he's had issues but he's also put up numbers and never really been in a stable, positive environment. Philly has been a ridiculous place in recent years.

Bogans, Babb, Johnson out the door unless included in a trade soon. More offensive firepower and upside potential overall.

Sully's Buckeye homeboy .. . maybe the two of them can recreate some of the magic they had in Columbus?

Did you miss his stint in Indiana?

Yeah, but it sounds like Indiana didn't have the most stable locker room last season (maybe Bynum, Hibbert or Stephenson was the cause, who knows?)

I think he deserves a second chance. Also for what it's worth, Turner always played well vs the Celtics when he was with Philly.
agreed every guy on that team looked a mess at one point

Agree with both of you. Indy's locker room was dysfunctional at best in the second half of the season and playoffs. Stephenson and Turner fistfight, Paul "Catfish" George in addition to one of the aforementioned teammates (not Turner) banging Hibbert's girlfriend, Turner replacingthe beloved Granger...the kid didn't have a chance there.

Turner can play. He can create his own shot, he can rebound and he can D much better than he is given credit for, he can handle the ball and help facilitate the O.

Great move by Danny. Getting another player trying to prove the haters wrong.

« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2014, 05:37:24 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Jessica Camerato @JCameratoNBA about 14 minutes ago
One person who would be happy about Evan Turner on the Celtics is Jared Sullinger. The two are close friends.

The OSU connection.

Hey, with this move we're one step closer to fielding a team that can compete in an Ohio State alumni game (sarcasm). ::)  Is Oden next?  Please, please, pretty please ;D

I wouldn't mind taking a chance on Oden.

Byron Mullens is another guy I'd be interested in and he's also a free agent.

The Wolverine inside of me is squirming in agony.  Why not resurrect Daequan Cook?

Yeah, and while we're at it, why not pull Hondo out of retirement, haha?  What about the OSU sf who went undrafted this year?  I can't remember his name at the minute.

LaQuinton Ross?  Aaron Craft also is believing he can make an NBA roster.

« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2014, 05:39:56 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2952
  • On To Banner 18!
So let's see, unless any more moves are made (like a Love trade hopefully  8) )

Rondo-Smart-Pressey
Bradley-Young-Thornton
Green-Turner-Wallace
Sullinger-Olynyk-Bass
Zeller-Faverani-Anthony

Idk why people hate this move it's a cheap deal for a guy who can be used as trade bait and even if he doesn't get traded he can contribute very well and score. Adding Turner makes this a sleek looking roster. Too bad it probably means Moser and Iverson won't make the roster  :(

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2014, 05:40:50 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
this idiot will be in a fistfight with either rondo or smart before the end of the year.    brad stevens is ruining his career with this dumpster fire danny has started.   he needs to run as fast as he can to a top college and keep his reputation. 

« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2014, 05:42:58 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Where does his "Cancer" mantra come from? Yes he got into it with Lance Stephenson of all people. But that is all i have heard about Evan Turner being involved in a locker room issue. 

« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2014, 05:44:36 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Where does his "Cancer" mantra come from? Yes he got into it with Lance Stephenson of all people. But that is all i have heard about Evan Turner being involved in a locker room issue.

No idea!

Maybe because no one has spotted him with Barney the purple dinosaur, people assume he's a bad guy.

« Reply #81 on: July 21, 2014, 05:46:43 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2952
  • On To Banner 18!

Yeah to be fair the entire team (most of it) argued with each other, especially Lance Stephenson and Roy Hibbert, and that led to their demise vs the Heat. I mean, even in the playoffs you saw the team practically argue at each other and get frustrated.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #82 on: July 21, 2014, 05:47:03 PM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52
Good tank move. Hopefully it's not for more than 1-2 years.

« Reply #83 on: July 21, 2014, 05:47:29 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

No idea!

Maybe because no one has spotted him with Barney the purple dinosaur, people assume he's a bad guy.

It mostly comes from Mark Titus, who writes for Grantland and was a benchwarmer on that Ohio team.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #84 on: July 21, 2014, 05:49:12 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

No idea!

It mostly comes from Mark Titus, who writes for Grantland and was a benchwarmer on that Ohio team.

Yeah, there was a thread where this was discussed.  It was probably the one called, "Celtics interested in Evan Turner," or something like that.

« Reply #85 on: July 21, 2014, 05:50:02 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Bradley going to get hurt during the season so Turner will be a good replacement..or may be at SF if Green is traded

Also insurance if Green signs elsewhere next year (depending on number of years on Turner's deal).
It sounds incredible to me for Turner to sign a multi-year deal for a portion of the MLE.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #86 on: July 21, 2014, 05:51:33 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
This team has a lot of pieces.  Gotta hand it to Ainge on his ability to bring in assets... now we just have to wait and see when a significant player becomes available on the trade market.

Turner is a SF, right?

Are people already envisioning a Greg Monroe sign-and-trade utilizing Jeff Green?   I'm not sure how I'd feel about that, though... Monroe isnt' really a center, is he?

« Reply #87 on: July 21, 2014, 05:52:16 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Any idea how long the contract is for??

« Reply #88 on: July 21, 2014, 05:52:40 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
This team has a lot of pieces.  Gotta hand it to Ainge on his ability to bring in assets... now we just have to wait and see when a significant player becomes available on the trade market.

Turner is a SF, right?

Are people already envisioning a Greg Monroe sign-and-trade utilizing Jeff Green?   I'm not sure how I'd feel about that, though... Monroe isnt' really a center, is he?

He played center in Detroit til they drafted Drummond.

« Reply #89 on: July 21, 2014, 05:52:50 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349

Turner is a SF, right?

No, he's not.