Author Topic: Report: Celtics Signing Evan Turner  (Read 34551 times)

Re: Report: Celtics Signing Evan Turner
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2014, 05:24:10 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Former #2 overall pick. I love it. Sure, he's had issues but he's also put up numbers and never really been in a stable, positive environment. Philly has been a ridiculous place in recent years.

Bogans, Babb, Johnson out the door unless included in a trade soon. More offensive firepower and upside potential overall.

Sully's Buckeye homeboy .. . maybe the two of them can recreate some of the magic they had in Columbus?

Did you miss his stint in Indiana?

Yeah, but it sounds like Indiana didn't have the most stable locker room last season (maybe Bynum, Hibbert or Stephenson was the cause, who knows?)

I think he deserves a second chance. Also for what it's worth, Turner always played well vs the Celtics when he was with Philly.
agreed every guy on that team looked a mess at one point
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2014, 05:24:20 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Jessica Camerato @JCameratoNBA about 14 minutes ago
One person who would be happy about Evan Turner on the Celtics is Jared Sullinger. The two are close friends.

The OSU connection.

Hey, with this move we're one step closer to fielding a team that can compete in an Ohio State alumni game (sarcasm). ::)  Is Oden next?  Please, please, pretty please ;D

« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2014, 05:25:56 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
One person who would be happy about Evan Turner on the Celtics is Jared Sullinger. The two are close friends.

The OSU connection.

Hey, with this move we're one step closer to fielding a team that can compete in an Ohio State alumni game (sarcasm). ::)  Is Oden next?  Please, please, pretty please ;D

I wouldn't mind taking a chance on Oden.

Byron Mullens is another guy I'd be interested in and he's also a free agent.

« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2014, 05:27:40 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
People who think Thornton will sniff any sort of playing time are entertaining.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2014, 05:27:49 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Nothing against Jeff Green, but I hope this means a deal is in the works to send him elsewhere, presumably Atlanta.  Although perhaps it means that Gerald Wallace isn't healing well at all, and depth is needed at the 3.

Or a Green, Bogans (as cap filler), and pick(s) for a S&T of Monroe.

Woj
The Pistons have been willing to engage teams in sign-and-trade scenarios for Monroe, but those talks have gained little traction, sources said.

Could be I suppose.  I'd hope Sully gets sent out in that deal instead of picks, however.  I think Monroe makes more sense at the 4.  And if Love is still in Minny in February, Monroe could be the centerpiece heading back (as jerkish as that would be to Monroe).

I don't mean any unprotected picks, but I wouldn't mind dealing that Cavs pick or LAC pick, plus a 2nd rounder for Monroe. Something along those lines. Maybe they'd prefer Bass, instead of Bogans, who they could use off the bench and would allow us to match Monroe.

I like Monroe. He just turned 24 and his solid passing ability would go along nicely in Stevens' offense.

« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2014, 05:28:23 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Nothing against Jeff Green, but I hope this means a deal is in the works to send him elsewhere, presumably Atlanta.  Although perhaps it means that Gerald Wallace isn't healing well at all, and depth is needed at the 3.

Woj
The Pistons have been willing to engage teams in sign-and-trade scenarios for Monroe, but those talks have gained little traction, sources said.

Could be I suppose.  I'd hope Sully gets sent out in that deal instead of picks, however.  I think Monroe makes more sense at the 4.  And if Love is still in Minny in February, Monroe could be the centerpiece heading back (as jerkish as that would be to Monroe).

We still wouldn't be able to get into the KLove race - they already have an offense-only center in Pek.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2014, 05:29:03 PM »

Offline LEHGOCELTICS

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 18
Great! Now every guard only has to play every 5 games!!!!!
What the * are we doing?  ??? Are we not going to give minutes to our young players?

all in for r rondo all in for r rondo all in for r rondo all in for r rondo all in for r rondo

« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2014, 05:30:09 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Woj

We still wouldn't be able to get into the KLove race - they already have an offense-only center in Pek.

As I said, I see Monroe's best position at the 4 and not 5.

« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2014, 05:30:45 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
What the * are we doing?  ??? Are we not going to give minutes to our young players?
I'm hoping we're not going to GIVE minutes to anyone.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2014, 05:30:50 PM »

Offline mbsnmisc

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5

The OSU connection.

Please no Lord Byron. He is Andrea Bargnani on estrogen. To have to watch that ugly **** jack up 30 footers would likely give me a stroke.

« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2014, 05:30:51 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Woj

I don't mean any unprotected picks, but I wouldn't mind dealing that Cavs pick or LAC pick, plus a 2nd rounder for Monroe. Something along those lines. Maybe they'd prefer Bass, instead of Bogans, who they could use off the bench and would allow us to match Monroe.

I like Monroe. He just turned 24 and his solid passing ability would go along nicely in Stevens' offense.

Do the Celtics even have an interest in Monroe?

« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2014, 05:31:08 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

The OSU connection.

The Wolverine inside of me is squirming in agony.  Why not resurrect Daequan Cook?

« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2014, 05:31:17 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Woj

Agreed. Monroe would be sweet! I'd also really like this lineup

PG-Rondo/Smart
SG-Bradley/Thornton
SF-Turner/Wallace(I am assuming Jeff Green would be used in a Monroe deal??)
PF-Bass/Sullinger/Olynyk(unless one of them is used in a Monroe deal)
C-Monroe/Zeller/Anthony/Faverani

« Reply #73 on: July 21, 2014, 05:36:08 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

The OSU connection.

The Wolverine inside of me is squirming in agony.  Why not resurrect Daequan Cook?

Yeah, and while we're at it, why not pull Hondo out of retirement, haha?  What about the OSU sf who went undrafted this year?  I can't remember his name at the minute.  Edit - Laquinton Ross.  Is he any good?  I never saw him play.

« Reply #74 on: July 21, 2014, 05:37:13 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141
Former #2 overall pick. I love it. Sure, he's had issues but he's also put up numbers and never really been in a stable, positive environment. Philly has been a ridiculous place in recent years.

Bogans, Babb, Johnson out the door unless included in a trade soon. More offensive firepower and upside potential overall.

Sully's Buckeye homeboy .. . maybe the two of them can recreate some of the magic they had in Columbus?

Did you miss his stint in Indiana?

So what? His half season were he didn't play well (and you know, neither did the team, at all) should prevent anyone from being optimistic about him?

I just do not get some fans here.