Author Topic: To get the ball rolling on the Minn-Cleve deal...  (Read 1341 times)

To get the ball rolling on the Minn-Cleve deal...
« on: July 21, 2014, 11:24:36 AM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
here's what i think could definitely jumpstart the process.. Because i believe that Minn wants to win now just as bad as they want to build for the future. Since they've reportedly already turned down the Wiggins-Bennet-First round offer from Cleveland. The celtics can definitely take advantage of this.

i know the trade "failed" but i left just enough for Wiggin's upcoming contract (~5-6m/year).
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

Re: To get the ball rolling on the Minn-Cleve deal...
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 12:30:13 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
I was thinking of a similar idea where we land Bennett  in the love sweeps.
Think you swap out sully for green. ( greens not perfect but he is serviceable and adding Bennett with out clearing an existing pf just adds problems.)
We would have to send out a lot of expiring/non guarunteed deals to make this work but Bennett has showed up this summer and looks ready to make an impact.
Also, don't think we can get Dieng out of the deal, would be a coup if we did.

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 03:29:22 PM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
I think we really need to get a young center now. big men take longer to develop and in rebuilding you need to start with big men. So I am all for getting deing we may have to give up a pick though. I would just do clevland pick and philly pick for deing. Our TPE we got from wasington can absorb his contract.
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 03:36:43 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Wiggins will be making roughly 5.4 million, I believe.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 04:21:16 PM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
There is no way Minnesota gives up Deing in this deal.