Author Topic: What does it takes to get this guy as our center  (Read 4123 times)

Re: What does it takes to get this guy as our center
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2014, 01:32:10 AM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 12
I want us to get  gorgui deing

this is from espn
Digest this: In terms of how much these rookies will likely impact the league, Dieng has proved to be the one guy who can lead this class over the next five years or so. Had Minnesota played him from day one, he'd be the Rookie of the Year.

We're talking about the complete package for a center in today's NBA -- rebounding, shot-blocking, paint protection (long arms, quick feet, and active and aggressive hands are the perfect storm), perimeter shooting, quick slashes to the rim, excellent finishing skills in the paint, and a deft feel for interior passing.

Dieng has shown he has all those tools -- which, by the way, also helped his college team win a title last spring. This large and agile man is a double-double machine who has sprinkled in monster games with consistently productive ones. It is fair to suggest that he has All-Star potential.

espn has him here http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10792969/rookie-watch-all-rookie-teams?ex_cid=espnapi_public

minny says no
pekovic? minny says no

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2014, 01:35:23 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I prefer getting Windhorst. He's been retired for a long time, but I think he can still play. He was pretty deadly in transition.

TP for the picture ;D  Where did you find it?

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2014, 01:39:39 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
That stat line has to be from a video game.

Haha, I love it when they screw up like that ;D  Why would we want Mozgov, though?  I mean, sure, he's solid, but is there something that I'm missing about him that would convince me that he should be a Celtic?  Didn't he get posterized by Blake Griffin a couple of years ago?

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2014, 01:56:13 AM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 12

Haha, I love it when they screw up like that ;D  Why would we want Mozgov, though?  I mean, sure, he's solid, but is there something that I'm missing about him that would convince me that he should be a Celtic?  Didn't he get posterized by Blake Griffin a couple of years ago?

so people who gets posturized are awful?
look at his stats, look at his per defense

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2014, 01:57:42 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2014, 02:00:06 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
Everyone might enjoy the Denver announcer at the 0:37 mark of this clip.  "The Russian doin' some flushin'"  That line is GOLD (sarcasm)! ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-dJFQurjzI

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2014, 02:02:04 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

so people who gets posturized are awful?
look at his stats, look at his per defense

No, I was just trying to remember him, and, unfortunately for him, that moment got the most attention via sportscenter.  Getting posterized doesn't make someone a bad player.