Author Topic: Time to be Real about this team and honesty hurts  (Read 5570 times)

Re: Time to be Real about this team and honesty hurts
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2014, 11:13:08 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
If zeller, ko, sully reach their peak and smart is a fav for ROY we will have a nice team this upcoming season

I fear to see sully reach his peak.

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2014, 11:14:24 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
If zeller, ko, sully reach their peak and smart is a fav for ROY we will have a nice team this upcoming season

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2014, 12:26:03 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

That's true. Maybe Rondo will average a triple double, too.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2014, 10:51:47 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja

And don't forget that green will put up 20+ a night.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2014, 10:54:48 PM »

Offline zimbo

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 34
I think the team will be alright :)

« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2014, 11:18:45 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Our offense was putrid for much of last year.  Were we watching the same team? ;D  I thought that it was the other way around, quite honestly.  Yeah, there were actual basketball plays :o at times, especially at the beginning of the year, but most of the time it was tough to watch.

At the beginning of the year, yes.  Towards the end of the year when Olnyk started coming on, and Pressey started learning to score, and especially when AB was playing well this team looked great at times offensively.  Furthermore, the style of offense that Brad Stephens runs is very pleasing to the eye and fun to watch.  I really enjoyed watching this team at the end of last year.

Like I said, I enjoyed it in spurts, because it obviously wasn't always there, but for the most part I really didn't see anything other than Sully taking 3s, which ticked me off, haha, and an overdose on the pick and roll, but I guess that that's what everyone is doing these days, triangle aside.  Sorry, I just deeply miss and long for the days of classic basketball.  The closest thing to the 80s Celtics in today's game is...the UCONN women and other WNBA teams.  When it was announced that Ainge was looking at a college coach, I was praying for Geno ;D even though I realize that that will never happen.  Could he give our coaches and players clinics in the summer? ;D

« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2014, 12:12:48 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392

i think if Rondo wins MVP, Bradley wins DPOY, Smart wins ROY, Zeller wins MIP, and Thornton wins 6th Man of the Year, i think we'll be on to something.

- LilRip

« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2014, 12:31:21 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
If Olynyk, Zeller, and Sullinger all peak before they even turn 25, that should probably be considered the worst case scenario.

« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2014, 12:32:55 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

i think if Rondo wins MVP, Bradley wins DPOY, Smart wins ROY, Zeller wins MIP, and Thornton wins 6th Man of the Year, i think we'll be on to something.

Fixed that for you
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2014, 07:09:55 AM »

Offline Timmio1990

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 3
Losing is always painful, the goal is always to win as many games as possible. In saying that though the rebuilding process has not been that painful as yet and this offseason has only added to my excitement. At least this rebuild shows some real direction, acquiring young talented players, future assets in the form of draft picks and then the cap space which will be opening up over the next few seasons, it's definitely not a bad time to bad a Celtic's fan.

I personally think we should be looking at moving Green, I don't feel he is the SF we will be moving forward with in the future. It also opens up more minutes for Young and Turner and continues to clear extra space as we move forward during the coming summers which may be our chance to add some quality free agents and decide if we are going to make a serious push for re-signing Rondo.

« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2014, 07:29:25 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
This is going to be a very long season up coming for us my fellow Celtic fans. We all know Danny is planning for the future adding assets via trading and drafting and etc. Its a youth movement that we all have to be patient with and embrace. Yes is this team going to have trouble scoring? Yes they will. Will rookies make mistakes? Of course they are going to. But with cap room next year to spend and more players advancing there skills. This team will be back into contending in a few years. The gloomy days of the 90's are in the past. The future is very bright and I am proud to say I am  Celtic fan. No matter how bad this team is I will be right there supporting the Boys in Green White. This has been on my mind for the past few days for fans that are just ****ing about wanting to win now and keep blaming Danny for not being able to get Love or anybody else.

last year was very painful.....but we expected it. most here know it will be a 3 to 5 year rebuild.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2014, 07:52:46 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
young looks to have sweet shot but his defense against uconn was terrible-young has a long way to go-jeff green needs to stay---

« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2014, 08:02:26 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I'm good with everything as long as I don't have to see Bass and Wallace start or play big minutes.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 05:17:06 PM by Chief »
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird