Author Topic: Wiggins to sign a contract this week  (Read 3436 times)

Re: Wiggins to sign a contract this week
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2014, 11:35:04 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
What if Wiggins, who was previously told he wasn't going anywhere but has since become the centerpiece of the Kevin Love trade, refuses to sign the contract unless Cleveland agrees not to trade him?  He obviously can't be forced to sign, and would risk foregoing a lot of cash. But what choice would Cleveland have if he pulled a Paul Pierce, who said he would refuse to go to Portland if traded there for a draft pick (I think Ainge was planning to draft Chris Paul with the pick, right?)  Does the CBA prohibit a rookie for negotiating a no-trade clause? Probably.  But what if he just refused to sign the agreement unless they gave him assurances he would not be traded? 

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2014, 07:52:04 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
I thought the whole reason that Wiggins didnt sign his contract is that he could be traded right away(and then sign the contract once he is a timberwolf. I would think that him signing the contract would show that the cavs are holding onto him.

Personally, I Think the cavs can be a better team by keeping wiggins/their young players and adding vets around them. Already it is the best Cavs team lebron has been on with the most potential.

I mean lebrons whole complaint was that the big-3 didnt allow them to build a competent bench. and that is with all those guys taking pay-cuts. If they were to get Love, you have 3 guys who are making MORE than Lebron/Wade/Bosh did...not sure how lebron thinks that wouldnt be the same.

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2014, 07:55:32 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Cav be better off keeping him.

James will just have to step up and play harder .

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2014, 07:58:42 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
e

I mean lebrons whole complaint was that the big-3 didnt allow them to build a competent bench. and that is with all those guys taking pay-cuts. If they were to get Love, you have 3 guys who are making MORE than Lebron/Wade/Bosh did...not sure how lebron thinks that wouldnt be the same.

Part of Lebron's issue was that the Heat cut Mike Miller due to the luxury tax, and didn't use the MLE to add additional talent.

The Cavs already have some decent pieces, they have a large non-guaranteed contract next year to add an additional high-salaried player, and Dan Gilbert (for all his faults) is not a cheap owner.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2014, 08:00:00 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I will be glade when James is old and can't lead the NBAs best players around by their noses .

Nobody would want to play in OHIO if James wasn't there.

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2014, 08:45:45 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I will be glade when James is old and can't lead the NBAs best players around by their noses .

Nobody would want to play in OHIO if James wasn't there.

The next great player would do thesame.  It's a new era in basketball.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell