Author Topic: Does anyone want Brook Lopez?  (Read 3407 times)

Re: Does anyone want Brook Lopez?
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2014, 01:58:37 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
No way...foot problems are not easy to get rid of and I say he will continue to have problems
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2014, 02:02:32 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
No way...foot problems are not easy to get rid of and I say he will continue to have problems

Well if the Nets want to get rid of him for a few picks/cap relief, I would certainly hope Ainge would bite on it.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2014, 02:07:00 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Good point. Usually, a big man with foot problems is a bad combination.

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2014, 02:08:25 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Good point. Usually, a big man with foot problems is a bad combination.

Which is why the Nets are looking to put Lopez on the trade block.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2014, 02:41:37 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Price matters but just going by the player, Yes I would like to him on the C's. Injuries should help the price tag but he is more of a win now addition. I think C's are leaning towards rebuilding so for the moment C's shouldn't add him.

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2014, 03:09:49 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I would do it in a heartbeat.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2014, 03:41:08 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
No way.

I hate Lopez. I think his brother is a much better player.

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2014, 04:53:37 PM »

Offline the_gunner

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 3
I would really go for Lopez, but it depends on the deal.

If we can construct a deal around Bass or Wallace(preferable both) it would be a great move.

I really think he could be a great center and a combination of him and Rondo would be a joy to watch.

I don't think he will come back in full strength before christmas because he should have time to get in shape slowly and we have seen how damaging it can be when you are rushing that process.

HowI have no idea how much the Nets value him. Do they really believe they have a shot at the playoff or are they in full tank mode?

Can the Nets wait for him to be healthy? If they can't I would offer them Wallace and Bass + Philly pick and another 1. round pick and then ask: how desperate are you?

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2014, 05:05:05 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
If the guy would just have the same surgery that Big Z had (they shave some bone off the bottom of the heel--less stress on foot)....he would be a steal.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2014, 05:14:04 PM »

Offline get_banners

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 100
HowI have no idea how much the Nets value him. Do they really believe they have a shot at the playoff or are they in full tank mode?
The Nets have basically no 1st round picks left. No reason for them to be in tank mode.
Lopez makes a lot of money and may be permanently damaged goods. I think that's a huge risk for ANYONE to trade for. I can't imagine the Nets will get any good offers for him unless he shows he can be stay healthy...at which point, they should obviously keep him (he's overpaid if healthy b/c he plays no D, but still, he's a very good offensive 5).

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2014, 05:16:30 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Look, Brook Lopez is a talented offensive player, but he makes Roy Hibbert look like KG when it comes to quickness.  The guy is like the Kyle Anderson of centers in this regard - he's simply too slow.  In addition, like Hibbert, he's a pretty poor rebounder, who also has foot problems.  Why do we want him, again? 

Btw, the title of this thread reminds me of when, just before the Pistons got him for a steaming pile of poo in 1988, James Edwards wore a sign around his neck that said, "for sale," ;D

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2014, 05:54:15 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Just say no  to Brook.

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2014, 06:07:33 PM »

Offline the_gunner

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 3
The Nets have basically no 1st round picks left. No reason for them to be in tank mode.
Lopez makes a lot of money and may be permanently damaged goods. I think that's a huge risk for ANYONE to trade for. I can't imagine the Nets will get any good offers for him unless he shows he can be stay healthy...at which point, they should obviously keep him (he's overpaid if healthy b/c he plays no D, but still, he's a very good offensive 5).

But would you call my offer a good one? We would love to get a center for Bass and Wallace, and I would be glad to give them a center back if it's Anthony or Faverani, but I can't structure a deal with any of them. The Philly-pick is almost of no value for us, and can only be used as a tradechip, as we have got so many better picks in the years to come.

I'm really glad I'm not in charge of the Nets as I can't see them be back in contention within the next 5 years unless they can free up a lot of cash and sign some really great players in fa.