Author Topic: Trade Idea for Monroe (DET-BOS) + Future signings (Evan Turner)  (Read 7019 times)

Re: Trade Idea for Monroe (DET-BOS) + Future signings (Evan Turner)
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2014, 07:53:20 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Fun fact:

Evan Turner and Greg Monroe are both represented by David Falk.

Additional fun fact:

This agent also represents Jeff Green, Jared Sullinger, and for added fun... Roy Hibbert and Austin Rivers.

Ainge has a very good relationship with Falk. Does this mean a trade is happening!!?

nah.

I just think Falk steered Turner here because he thinks this could be a good place for him to grow his game under the Stevens/Ainge leadership.

It could be the former you never know...... (For Monroe of course.)

Re: Trade Idea (DET-BOS) + Future signings
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2014, 08:02:45 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I wish the Wolves would be interested in Monroe or John Smith, then maybe you could work out a 3 team deal with Love coming here.

+1....that's a great idea to actually start a thread about....

Minny wanted Klay Thompson and whoever, before: established players to contend with...

Greg Monroe or Josh Smith would give them that at the position that they are losing Love at.

Let's make a 3-way!!!

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2014, 08:03:15 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
If the pistons were interested in a trade, is Greg Monroe even worth the max for Boston?

We are talking 17 million per year. That would become a contract that would be hard to repackage in another trade. We would be tying our horses to the Rondo, Monroe era.

The maximum for Monroe as a player with four years of experience is a contract starting at 25% of the cap ($14,746,000).  For a sign-and-trade, he can be given up to four years with 4.5% raises, so he could get a four-year deal worth about $63m.

The cap raised to 63 million. That starts his salary around 15.7 million.

The cap for the purpose of determining the maximum salary uses a different formula than what is used to determine the actual salary cap, so it is going to be a bit lower than 25% of $63m.  I'm going with what Larry Coon listed as the max.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2014, 08:04:33 PM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
Houston will probably make a hard run at him.

« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2014, 08:06:39 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
no one wants green. no team is asking for green. why would they trade away one of their best prospects for green and trash?
detroit would have green sf, josh smith pf and drummond center
that is a good front court
why so many people bash jeff green is beyond me, a guy who can score 15 or so pts a game and play very good defense
anyone notice last season jeff was our ONLY offensive option for most of year and still held his average?

« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2014, 08:19:23 PM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
no one wants green. no team is asking for green. why would they trade away one of their best prospects for green and trash?
detroit would have green sf, josh smith pf and drummond center
that is a good front court
why so many people bash jeff green is beyond me, a guy who can score 15 or so pts a game and play very good defense
anyone notice last season jeff was our ONLY offensive option for most of year and still held his average?

They bash him because he is so inconsistent. And while he seems like a super nice guy - and I would wish him nothing but success - it is very frustrating to watch a player with his obvious gifts mail it in from time to time. Or maybe he isn't mailing it in? He's a very confusing player. He seems to try hard - but why can't he do all the things he can do all the time?

« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2014, 01:45:05 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Seeing the state of the Celtics, they need a big guy who can post up and drive with power and upside to the hoop, and that's Monroe. He can improve his defense with Stevens if he comes here. We have shooters on the team and just signed Turner so there's a chance Green is traded.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2014, 01:49:13 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Seeing the state of the Celtics, they need a big guy who can post up and drive with power and upside to the hoop, and that's Monroe. He can improve his defense with Stevens if he comes here. We have shooters on the team and just signed Turner so there's a chance Green is traded.

I'll say this.

If we can get Monroe, then I think we've gone from mediocre to a legit playoff team overnight.