Author Topic: Trade Idea for Monroe (DET-BOS) + Future signings (Evan Turner)  (Read 7024 times)

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Bear with me here:

Detroit Receives:
- Jeff Green - Immediate impact, 15-20pts/game
- Brandon Bass - Immediate impact, solid scorer, 10-15pts/game, also expiring contract
- Keith Bogans - Expiring and can help Pistons get cap relief
- 2015 Clippers pick - Who wouldn't want a first round pick  ;D

Boston receives:
- Greg Monroe - Our rim protector :D

After the trade:
- Celtics sign Evan Turner using MLE
- Celtics add Moser/Chris Johnson to roster to fill up SF depth

We have:
Rondo-Pressey-Smart
Bradley-Young-Thornton
Turner-Wallace-Moser/Johnson
Sullinger-Olynyk
Monroe-Zeller-Faverani-Anthony

Lets be honest, Anthony will barely get minutes so Monroe will fit in and get minutes along with Faverani and Zeller, and Monroe can also play PF if needed. Sully and Olynyk as a bonus get more minutes at PF, and Monroe 20mins, Zeller 20, Faverani 5-10 mins? Anthony probably won't get playing time as it is.

Then, when we let go of Anthony next season to 2015 FA, we can sign either a center (Gasol/Robin Lopez?) or scorer (Aldridge?) and if we can't get a center at next year's FA we still have Zeller and Monroe :)

What do you guys think?

« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 06:18:40 PM by Phantom255x »
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Re: Trade Idea (DET-BOS) + Future signings
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 09:09:08 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I like it.

Rondo, Monroe and Turner would be nice.

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 09:30:24 PM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
Good all around

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 09:35:01 PM »

Offline Celtics251

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
TP, Ainge and the Front office really needs to see this trade lol. Great all round, each team gets what they need and it benefits both teams too.

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 09:35:59 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
Good trade idea, no doubt to me that Green is a good fit for Detroit.

Is Monroe really a center or a power forward?  His 82games splits have him statistically better as a center but can he defend the position well enough to be a full time center?

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 09:42:11 PM »

Offline celticmania

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
Greg Monroe is not a rim protector

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2014, 09:45:59 PM »

Offline TeamGreen.dm

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 9
  • here comes Banner 18
Honestly best trade idea I've seen on this blog. Realistic and both sides win. Plus the fact we still could keep Sully and Olynyk to develop is a plus
"I am not going to back down from any challenge. Like I said, you are going to have to prove to me. I am a fighter; I will keep fighting and will never give up." Marcus Smart

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2014, 09:52:50 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Bear with me here:

Detroit Receives:
- Jeff Green - Immediate impact, 15-20pts/game
- Brandon Bass - Immediate impact, solid scorer, 10-15pts/game, also expiring contract
- Keith Bogans - Expiring and can help Pistons get cap relief
- 2015 Clippers pick - Who wouldn't want a first round pick  ;D

Boston receives:
- Greg Monroe - Our rim protector :D

After the trade:
- Celtics sign Evan Turner using MLE
- Celtics add Moser/Chris Johnson to roster to fill up SF depth

We have:
Rondo-Pressey-Smart
Bradley-Young-Thornton
Turner-Wallace-Moser/Johnson
Sullinger-Olynyk
Monroe-Zeller-Faverani-Anthony

Lets be honest, Anthony will barely get minutes so Monroe will fit in and get minutes along with Faverani and Zeller, and Monroe can also play PF if needed. Sully and Olynyk as a bonus get more minutes at PF, and Monroe 20mins, Zeller 20, Faverani 5-10 mins? Anthony probably won't get playing time as it is.

Then, when we let go of Anthony next season to 2015 FA, we can sign either a center (Gasol/Robin Lopez?) or scorer (Aldridge?) and if we can't get a center at next year's FA we still have Zeller and Monroe :)

What do you guys think?

I like the trade for Monroe, but why would we also sign an other center in 2015? I think Zeller and Monroe with Fav is plenty. I don't think we need to bring in an other, unless your thinking of Monroe playing PF. But then we still have a log jam at PF with Monroe,Sully,KO. And why move Monroe to PF if he plays better at C. I mean from time to time is fine, but as a regular rotation makes very little sense.

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2014, 10:14:34 PM »

Offline P stoff

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 31
it might be likely that Monroe's low post scoring ability...and subsequent kick out chances for additional offense creation... may more than make up for the lack of shot blocking.

Honestly, I can remember the last time we threw the ball into the post more than once a quarter.

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2014, 10:46:29 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Good trade idea, no doubt to me that Green is a good fit for Detroit.

Is Monroe really a center or a power forward?  His 82games splits have him statistically better as a center but can he defend the position well enough to be a full time center?

With the Celtics that likely would be the case. Remember, in Detroit, Drummond is the true full time center so Monroe had to alternate between PF/C Many times.

Greg Monroe is not a rim protector

Best option out there unless we take a risk on Emeka Okafor. And there's no guarantee we get the FA center next year so maybe we can take our chances on Monroe now.

Sketch5: I like the trade for Monroe, but why would we also sign an other center in 2015? I think Zeller and Monroe with Fav is plenty. I don't think we need to bring in an other, unless your thinking of Monroe playing PF. But then we still have a log jam at PF with Monroe,Sully,KO. And why move Monroe to PF if he plays better at C. I mean from time to time is fine, but as a regular rotation makes very little sense.
[/quote]

True, I guess we would attempt to sign a scorer then.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2014, 11:07:09 PM »

Offline Celtics251

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
Monroe is the best FA center left. Evan Turner and Monroe joining the Celtics at the expense of Bass/Green is an upgrade IMO.

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2014, 11:52:32 PM »

Offline adamss

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
I agree. I don't know what so many people have against him. A solid scorer and rebounder. Gets us closer to where we want to be, A star in Rondo. A very good player in Monroe. Sully has potential to get there. Not bad. He is not a rim protector, but how many teams really have one? I would love to have one, but they are hard to find.  Miami didn't have one. SA really didn't either. Duncan was, but not anymore. I think Monroe would be a great addition.

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2014, 11:55:05 PM »

Offline Waew

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 50
no one wants green. no team is asking for green. why would they trade away one of their best prospects for green and trash?

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2014, 12:01:32 AM »

Offline adamss

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
Drummond, Smith and Monroe is not working. All indications are they want to get rid of somebody. If Green and another player or pick isn't enough, then so be it. I think I just like Monroe more than others.

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2014, 09:10:44 AM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 12
i'd rather have pekovic + pick or al horfor + pick or enes kanter