Author Topic: Currently which lineup is better? Lakers or Celtics  (Read 10510 times)

Currently which lineup is better? Lakers or Celtics
« on: July 18, 2014, 07:30:37 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Lakers lineup

C - Hill/Davis
PF - Randle/Boozer
SF - Young/Johnson
SG - Bryant/Henry
PG - Lin/Clarkson

Celtics lineup

C- Zeller/KO
PF - Sully/KO/Bass
SF - Green/Thornton
SG- AB/Smart
PG- Rondo/Smart

As for now, which lineup is better? Which one will win more games?

Re: Currently which lineup is better? Lakers or Celtics
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 07:33:38 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
If Kobe is still Kobe, it's the Lakers. 

They were better than us last year... and basically swapped out Pau Gasol for (healthy?) Kobe, Boozer, Lin and Randle.    Having Smart on our bench should improve us a bit, but I don't think it will be a significant jump

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 07:34:58 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Celtics = 30-35 win team
Lakers = 20-25 win team

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 07:36:13 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
sucks to say this but, Lakers

Kobe coming back from injury, Lin/Nash, Hill, Boozer

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 07:36:20 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
It's possible that LAL had a slight edge, but their future looks pretty dismal while the Cs have many more options and youth at their disposal.

That being said, LA is still a premier FA destination and if they can clear some space, the sky's the limit for them (as usual).

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 07:37:44 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
If Kobe is still Kobe, it's the Lakers. 

They were better than us last year... and basically swapped out Pau Gasol for (healthy?) Kobe, Boozer, Lin and Randle.    Having Smart on our bench should improve us a bit, but I don't think it will be a significant jump

I agree. The lakers gm has done a good job from having a skeleton of a lineup to a pretty decent lineup now. Getting davis for 2 million for 2 years is amazing

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2014, 07:41:49 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Who is going to coach the Lakers?  It doesn't get a lot of talk but Stevens clearly struggled at times with in-game management, player rotation and play calling.  If the Lakers get someone like George Karl, that's probably good for 5 extra wins.

Mike

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2014, 07:42:06 PM »

Offline puskas54_10

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 13
Lakers' lineup is better, if Kobe is healthy.
However I don't think the Lakers will win much more game than the celtics, because they are in the west.

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2014, 07:43:06 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Who would have thought that the Celtics/Lakers/76'ers could be in the bottom 5 of the NBA..
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2014, 07:44:29 PM »

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 100
Its the Lakers. They have made some decent signings/trades which in my mind make no sense because they don't make them good enough to contend for anything, probably not even make the playoffs but might compete for a just under .500 record. They kind of remind me of the couple Mavs teams Cuban built a few years ago when they missed out on huge free agents and made smart signings and built a team that competed.

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2014, 07:45:28 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
They're closer to the playoffs, we're closer to a championship

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2014, 07:52:45 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Celtics = 30-35 win team
Lakers = 20-25 win team
Boston won 25 games last year.  We added some players on our bench this year like Smart and Zeller... now you think we're going to win 10 more games than last year?

Lakers won 27 games last year.  They replaced Pau Gasol with Kobe Bryant, Carlos Boozer, Jeremy Lin, Julius Randle and Ed Davis... You think they'll going to win 7 less games than last year?

I don't think people are grasping just how bad this Celtic team is.   We were 6-24 in the games Rondo played.  That's a 16 win pace.  We didn't improve on any of our major needs.  Smart should be a nice player, but at the moment he's redundant with one of our few strengths.

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2014, 07:56:28 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Celtics = 30-35 win team
Lakers = 20-25 win team
Boston won 25 games last year.  We added some players on our bench this year like Smart and Zeller... now you think we're going to win 10 more games than last year?

Lakers won 27 games last year.  They replaced Pau Gasol with Kobe Bryant, Carlos Boozer, Jeremy Lin, Julius Randle and Ed Davis... You think they'll going to win 7 less games than last year?

I don't think people are grasping just how bad this Celtic team is.   We were 6-24 in the games Rondo played.  That's a 16 win pace.  We didn't improve on any of our major needs.  Smart should be a nice player, but at the moment he's redundant with one of our few strengths.

That's the problem when you overstate Kobe's health and understate Rondo's health. That's the first of the various things that you went wrong with.

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2014, 07:56:45 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Who would have thought that the Celtics/Lakers/76'ers could be in the bottom 5 of the NBA..
I really like what Philly is doing.  Noel looks like he can be ROY this year... he can make a major defensive impact immediately and might be dominant within a couple years.

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2014, 07:56:57 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Celtics = 30-35 win team
Lakers = 20-25 win team

I agree .....I doubt this team breaks 30 wins......

What people don't get .....is we gave no Pierce or Allen to win the game or take over in the late in quarter and close the game out

All close games ......Celtics will loose..

We have no stars .......

Celtics are fielding a team of scrubs .....

Till we hit the lottery big ....... Get a wiggins

Same for LA.