Author Topic: Rondo and three firsts for Irving.  (Read 2897 times)

Re: Rondo and three firsts for Irving.
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2014, 08:08:44 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
We are DONE ...cooked with trading ...this team will get worse as the year goes by.....DA will sell off BAss , Rondo, and Green.....it will never be good.....nothing to gain with a 35 win season....just let it go and shoot for lottery

Nobody is trading a serious star player for Rondo .......he is worth a decent player and couple mid first rounders .....that's what he'll fetch ...so might as well keep him.

Prepare for another tank season

Gonna be so ugly ......hope for a top three pic .

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2014, 08:14:04 PM »

Offline CeltsAcumen

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
I do not want Kyrie Irving and I am not paying 3 firsts to get a ball hogging, no defense, Dukie.

I will keep Rondo thank you very much.

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2014, 08:15:39 PM »

Offline CeltsAcumen

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
We are DONE ...cooked with trading ...this team will get worse as the year goes by.....DA will sell off BAss , Rondo, and Green.....it will never be good.....nothing to gain with a 35 win season....just let it go and shoot for lottery

Nobody is trading a serious star player for Rondo .......he is worth a decent player and couple mid first rounders .....that's what he'll fetch ...so might as well keep him.

Prepare for another tank season

Gonna be so ugly ......hope for a top three pic .

The Sky is falling, the sky is falling...

Please stop, believe in your team and the people who are running it, they did bring you an NBA championship just a few short years ago.

Patience, that is what Celtic fans needs.  We are in it for the long haul, not a quick fix.

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2014, 08:21:39 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
No. No. No. Just be patient.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2014, 08:23:28 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
If that was in reference to me, I didn't say LeBron preferred Irving to Rondo -- just that he specifically mentioned wanting to play with him in his letter.  We can speculate about how happy he'd be with Rondo, but I'm going to take LeBron at his word when he mentions looking forward to being Kyrie's teammate.

I absolutely think he is genuine in his desire to play with Kyrie, but I also think it would be in bad taste if he said anything differently. With Rondo's praise, he wasn't gaining anything from it, he just had a lot of positive things to say about him. If the Cs had just landed Wiggins and had the cap space (and Lebron was from Boston), I imagine he would have written that he was excited to play with Rondo as well.

Sorry if I am coming off adversarial, I just wanted to point out that the trade probably wouldn't disappoint Lebron too much.

Irving, Thompson, and Varejao were reportedly the three guys the Cavs specifically made off-limits for LeBron.

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2014, 08:28:04 PM »

Offline Waew

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 50
10 years of all star kyrie or 2 years of prime fringe all star rondo with no 3 pt shot. gee i wonder which they want.

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2014, 12:33:51 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Rondo has a much bigger defensive edge over Irving then Irvind's offensive edge over Rondo IF healthy.  If you look at the NBA's new Player Impact Estimate, then Rondo, prior to his injury, had slightly better stats. PIE like PER is biased toward high usage shooters and to offense over defense.  Even with both these biases in his favor, Irving trails Rondo.

Stepping back, neither are elite offensively like LBJ and KD though they are both above average. Irving is better overall offensively than Rondo but the edge on playmaking goes to Rondo. OTOH,  Rondo's edge defensively over Irving is huge IF healthy. Rondo has been an elite defensive player by the numbers pre-injury. Irving is below average for his career and last season.

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2014, 12:59:49 AM »

Offline get_banners

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 100
This thread makes no sense. 1, the Cavs aren't trading Irving. 2, the C's aren't offering a package like this for Irving, as Rondo is arguably an overall better player. 3, see points 1 and 2.

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2014, 01:40:18 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
10 years of all star kyrie or 2 years of prime fringe all star rondo with no 3 pt shot. gee i wonder which they want.

Fringe all star Rondo?  Well we can tell your not looking at it honestlly..