Author Topic: Wiggins For Rondo  (Read 2871 times)

Re: Wiggins For Rondo
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2014, 06:37:52 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 7
This is where I got the stauskas idea from
If Minnesota isn't high on wiggins; and they don't want to go the established talent route with David lee; then mclemore stauskas oly sully and three first round picks is by far the best option available for klove
Don't forget that min doesn't wanna lose klove for nothing like I don't want to lose rondo for nothing
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 07:29:39 PM by bmac934 »

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2014, 06:59:18 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
CLE hangs up on this one folks.

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2014, 07:30:27 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 7
Actually no they don't, we know there willing to part with wiggins for Kevin love, the issue is does min take it or do we think it's too much

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2014, 08:49:48 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
We need to let Wiggins go. We didn't win the lottery. It's over.

He will be a Cav or a Wolf. Time to move along.

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2014, 08:53:37 PM »

Offline CWPC

• Drew Peterson
  • Tommy Points: 1
Actually no they don't, we know there willing to part with wiggins for Kevin love, the issue is does min take it or do we think it's too much
Woj was saying that that was a smokescrean from Min. And Golden State apparently still won't give up Klay either, even though there were some reports saying they would.

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2014, 08:56:42 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
I'm aware.  I'm saying it's not wise for a rebuilding team to trade away that many assets for guys who haven't actually produced much of anything (or anything at all, in the case of Wiggins) in the NBA.  For a guy like Kevin Love?  Sure, go ahead and trade those picks and young players.  But not just to bank on the potential of Wiggins when you're got your own players with potential.

I'm not even addressing the point of the Wolves not agreeing to the trade, as LarBrd33's getting at; I just don't see why Boston would think it'd be a good trade.  If Wiggins doesn't pan out, then the Celtics will have just wasted a bunch of assets to acquire him and very well may set themselves back in the rebuilding process.

Boston's essentially swapping potential for potential at a steep price.
It's like arguing that Phil Pressey and Jabari Parker are just "potential vs potential" simply because both are young.

There's a substantial difference between the "assets" we have... and a phenom prospect like Andrew Wiggins.    A lot of fans seem to think that a large bag full of feathers is heavier than a golden brick.  You can throw as many feathers as you want at the Wolves (Oly + Sully + Young + Smart + 1st round picks in the 20-30 range, etc), but it's still not going to have the weight of a team offering a golden brick (Andrew Wiggins).  Most of the feathers we're throwing at them will end up being role players long-term.  We don't have any superstar prospects on this team.

Cleveland should value that Wiggins that highly.  I just don't see any reason for the Celtics to use those assets on a guy they haven't seen play yet.

I don't think it's a good or feasible trade for any of the parties.

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2014, 09:08:20 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!
Wiggins for Rondo

why not
most of you are thinking tank so it really does not matter
Wiggins game current is better than rondos best years in Boston..

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2014, 10:14:57 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
OK, I will play along but maybe it goes down like this:

Boston Out:  Rondo; In  Wiggins and Kevin Martin,

Clev Out:  Wiggins, Thompson, Bennett, Irving; In:  Rondo and Love

Minni Out: Love, Martin; In:   Irving, Tristan Thompson, Bennett.

Then Minni trades Rubio for a SG or plays a 2 pg game like Phoenix did last season.

That is actually a great young core for Minni  but closer to ready to compete than if they end up with Wiggins and Cleveland gets a couple of veterans (past all stars no less) in return for almost all of their young players.

I actually think Cle would want to keep Irving over Rondo but based on the other thread, many here will think Cle comes out ahead on this 

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2014, 10:50:16 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
It's about 3 and a half months until the regular season starts.  Just in case anyones counting....
Greg