Author Topic: Wiggins For Rondo  (Read 2887 times)

Wiggins For Rondo
« on: July 18, 2014, 05:44:45 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 7
BOS OUT = Rondo + Our Old Offer (olynyk, sully, draft picks; w.e. it was)
BOS IN = Wiggins, Thompson, Waiters,
CL OUT = Wiggins, Thompson, Waiters
CL IN = Kevin Love, Kevin Martin
SK OUT = Stauskas, McLemore, 1st Rd Pick
SK IN = Rajon Rondo
MIN OUT = Kevin Love, Kevin Martin
MIN IN = Our Old Offer, Stauskas

McLemore and the pick is the wild card, if MIN rejects the deal throw them in, if not there ours

Re: Wiggins For Rondo
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 05:46:19 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Not happening.  You aren't getting Wiggins.

If all we needed to get the Wolves to accept our garbage offer was to include Stauskas, this would have been over a long time ago... since Boston certainly would have included the #6 and #17.

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 05:46:32 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
for larBrd33 whose negativity is getting annoying, ive seen it on multiple forum pages.
then we get wiggins, and minn gets sully oly stauskas mclemore thompson waiters plus sac pic and our two picks.  there its possible.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 06:10:25 PM by bmac934 »

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 05:49:19 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
we can take what we get for rondo and add that in is well, blow up the entire team and get wiggins in the process

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 05:49:26 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
think about what you're giving the WOlves here.

Boston would have given up #6, #17, Oly, Sully and future picks for Love.  The Wolves had no interest   Why would the Wolves give up Kevin Love for Stauskas, Oly, SUlly and future picks.  It doesn't make any logical sense.

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 05:54:49 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White

If all we needed to get the Wolves to accept our garbage offer was to include Stauskas, this would have been over a long time ago... since Boston certainly would have included the #6 and #17.

How are we getting Stauskas?  Do you think the Kings want to be stuck in mediocrity forever?  There not taking James Young and a pick for somebody they clearly value if they drafted him at #8.

And for your next post, they obviously value shooters if a report came out that they want Klay Thompson over Andrew Wiggins; and also in my new trade we wouldnt give up young or smart, it would be our old trade plus future picks opposed to our previous picks

how about if our new deal was; oly, sully, mclemore, stauskas and future first round picks along with sac pick
or maybe they want pieces from what I said were getting from cleveland and we swap those names (waiters instead of mclemore, thompson instead of sully or oly)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 06:04:46 PM by bmac934 »

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2014, 05:56:16 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
You're willing to blow up the whole team just for Andrew Wiggins?  He hasn't actually proven anything in the NBA yet.

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2014, 06:00:23 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
If we lose Rondo next year in free agency who would you rather have, sully @ olynyk...or andrew wiggins?

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2014, 06:05:35 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
That's a discussion that can be revisited once the season's over and we all see how the three have performed.

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2014, 06:07:59 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
after the season is over rondo and love are gonna be free agents so this trade wont be possible...at all

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2014, 06:09:51 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

How are we getting Stauskas?  Do you think the Kings want to be stuck in mediocrity forever?  There not taking James Young and a pick for somebody they clearly value if they drafted him at #8.

And for your next post, they obviously value shooters if a report came out that they want Klay Thompson over Andrew Wiggins; and also in my new trade we wouldnt give up young or smart, it would be our old trade plus future picks opposed to our previous picks

how about if our new deal was; oly, sully, mclemore, stauskas and future first round picks along with sac pick
or maybe they want pieces from what I said were getting from cleveland and we swap those names (waiters instead of mclemore, thompson instead of sully or oly)
Bmac you aren't getting it.

Wolves didn't want #6, #17, Oly, Sully and future 1sts for Kevin Love...

You understand that Stauskas was taken 8th, right?   You understand that the Klay Thompson stuff had been floating around well before the draft, right?

There's no reality where the Wolves would part with Kevin Love only to receive Stauskas, Oly, Sully and 1sts.  That makes no logical sense.

If you want Wiggins so bad, you can wait 8 years and hope he hits free agency.  Otherwise, fabricate a 25 year old 26 point 12 rebound superstar and see if the Cavs are willing to part with Wiggins for him.   

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2014, 06:13:27 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
thompsons name did not float around before the draft, he wasnt available, and in this case they get stauskus in addition to the package they were already offered

no chance they take stauskas, oly, sullinger and 3 first round picks?  maybe plus a piece from the cleveland trade, there is a ridiculous amount of young talent in this trade

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2014, 06:14:44 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
I'm aware.  I'm saying it's not wise for a rebuilding team to trade away that many assets for guys who haven't actually produced much of anything (or anything at all, in the case of Wiggins) in the NBA.  For a guy like Kevin Love?  Sure, go ahead and trade those picks and young players.  But not just to bank on the potential of Wiggins when you're got your own players with potential.

I'm not even addressing the point of the Wolves not agreeing to the trade, as LarBrd33's getting at; I just don't see why Boston would think it'd be a good trade.  If Wiggins doesn't pan out, then the Celtics will have just wasted a bunch of assets to acquire him and very well may set themselves back in the rebuilding process.

Boston's essentially swapping potential for potential at a steep price.

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2014, 06:30:05 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
I'm aware.  I'm saying it's not wise for a rebuilding team to trade away that many assets for guys who haven't actually produced much of anything (or anything at all, in the case of Wiggins) in the NBA.  For a guy like Kevin Love?  Sure, go ahead and trade those picks and young players.  But not just to bank on the potential of Wiggins when you're got your own players with potential.

I'm not even addressing the point of the Wolves not agreeing to the trade, as LarBrd33's getting at; I just don't see why Boston would think it'd be a good trade.  If Wiggins doesn't pan out, then the Celtics will have just wasted a bunch of assets to acquire him and very well may set themselves back in the rebuilding process.

Boston's essentially swapping potential for potential at a steep price.
It's like arguing that Phil Pressey and Jabari Parker are just "potential vs potential" simply because both are young.

There's a substantial difference between the "assets" we have... and a phenom prospect like Andrew Wiggins.    A lot of fans seem to think that a large bag full of feathers is heavier than a golden brick.  You can throw as many feathers as you want at the Wolves (Oly + Sully + Young + Smart + 1st round picks in the 20-30 range, etc), but it's still not going to have the weight of a team offering a golden brick (Andrew Wiggins).  Most of the feathers we're throwing at them will end up being role players long-term.  We don't have any superstar prospects on this team.

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2014, 06:30:19 PM »

Offline TeamGreen.dm

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 9
  • here comes Banner 18
Pointless
"I am not going to back down from any challenge. Like I said, you are going to have to prove to me. I am a fighter; I will keep fighting and will never give up." Marcus Smart