Author Topic: bledsoe rejects 4 year 48 million dollar offer  (Read 6951 times)

Re: bledsoe rejects 4 year 48 million dollar offer
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2014, 11:52:08 AM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Phoenix is low balling him because he is restricted.  Until another team offers him more there is no reason to give him a higher offer.  The Celtics should have done the same thing with Bradley.

He seems to have given out more Scalabrine-esque contracts lately...  Bass, Green, Bradley...

At least he's not signing washed-up old arthritic centers to similarly cap-clogging deals any more.

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2014, 12:20:21 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Phoenix is low balling him because he is restricted.  Until another team offers him more there is no reason to give him a higher offer.  The Celtics should have done the same thing with Bradley.

Kind of like the Jazz did with Hayward, right?

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2014, 12:50:38 PM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
Who's advising this idiot ::)

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2014, 03:55:22 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

And Houston with Parsons.

Seriously, the fallacy of waiting until someone else offers a big contract to your restricted player is incredible.

« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2014, 03:58:20 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Seriously, the fallacy of waiting until someone else offers a big contract to your restricted player is incredible.

I have no doubt in my mind this is what makes Ainge so intellectually smart and sound.

He tied Bradley up with a nice offer of 8 mil. I don't doubt Bradley would've gotten offers of 9 or even 10 million. Considering the options at SG, and how the overall market has played out.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2014, 08:22:57 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
One rumor is that someone in the Lakers front office is pushing the team to offer a package centered around Randle in a sign-and-trade for Bledsoe.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2014, 08:29:01 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
One rumor is that someone in the Lakers front office is pushing the team to offer a package centered around Randle in a sign-and-trade for Bledsoe.
Yeah and supposedly the offer includes a first round pick in addition to Randle.  It doesn't make much sense to me.

« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2014, 08:30:56 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

I have no doubt in my mind this is what makes Ainge so intellectually smart and sound.

He tied Bradley up with a nice offer of 8 mil. I don't doubt Bradley would've gotten offers of 9 or even 10 million. Considering the options at SG, and how the overall market has played out.

It's good foresight.

Yeah and supposedly the offer includes a first round pick in addition to Randle.  It doesn't make much sense to me.

I disagree.

Do it.

Great idea Lakers.

Do it. Do it Mitch.

;)

« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2014, 08:37:16 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Yeah me either.

« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2014, 08:37:29 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

It makes sense to me that someone out there might value Bledsoe much more than Randle.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2014, 09:02:58 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

It seems like some have been really slow to adjust to the new salary cap/luxury tax rules.  It used to be that you could always resign your mid-level stars because you had their Bird rights, even if someone offered them stupid money.  The luxury tax hit has gotten so bad, though, that spending a  few million more per year can really cripple a team.

Mike

« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2014, 09:07:34 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

It seems like some have been really slow to adjust to the new salary cap/luxury tax rules.  It used to be that you could always resign your mid-level stars because you had their Bird rights, even if someone offered them stupid money.  The luxury tax hit has gotten so bad, though, that spending a  few million more per year can really cripple a team.

Mike
Houston's situation is also complicated with their big contracts of Harden/Howard. Leaves with limited opportunities if they lock into a third massive contract.