Author Topic: Trade idea: Bos, Cle, Minn  (Read 7804 times)

Re: Trade idea: Bos, Cle, Minn
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2014, 02:15:15 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Of course you can and would, it's much easier than actually having to address arguments pointing out your ridiculously flawed reasoning and logic.

« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2014, 02:27:56 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I just followed you. You went into the child games first (and repeatedly) which I trollfully played along with. I stated my opinions and you stated yours while after I point issues with numbers (33 best defender in the league. I'm be smh&lol a while on that one) and stories you went into this Rondo comparison. Rondo and Rubio are not the same. Their levels of impact are completely different any one who thinks they are the same is blind. Rubio isn't a starter on a quality team IMO. Rubio hasn't shown me anything to make me believe other wise. Plenty of better PGs I'd rather have than him. Off the bench I don't mind the guy that is about it.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 02:47:13 AM by Csfan1984 »

« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2014, 02:56:35 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
Laugh all you want; the defensive numbers are what they are.  Regardless, as I said, I'm not discussing his defense anymore because there's no point unless you're actually going to counter with something substantive.  You have yet to actually do anything beyond basically laugh at his Synergy ratings.  Give me articles pointing out how Rubio actually can't stay in front of his man.  Give me articles showing that he gambles too much.  Give me articles showing that he's not disciplined.  Give me articles showing that he fails to contest shots effectively.  Give me articles showing that he doesn't know how to use his length to disrupt.  Otherwise, I'm not interested in discussing how Rubio is a bad defender simply because you think he's a bad defender and these writers, coaches, and stats must be wrong.

As far as his impact: well, that's your opinion.  I happen to disagree.  He's elite enough in the areas you most desire your point guard be good at.  He's one of the craftiest passers in the game, he's got top-tier court vision, he's got a good basketball IQ, he racks up assists, and he rarely turns the ball over (CP3 and Calderon being the only starting point guards ahead of him in A/TO ratio this season).  As added bonuses, he's great at steals and he's good on defense.

Rubio is not a top 10 point guard largely because he has no scoring game to speak of.  That doesn't mean he's just some bench scrub.  There's a caliber of players between best of the best and bench players and Rubio's firmly entrenched in it.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 03:10:08 AM by Endless Paradise »

« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2014, 03:18:35 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
Oh I will keep lol it gets funnier with each of your post. You have now basically said Rubio is better than Rondo. Because he can do everything Rondo can and he is a top defender. Man what are you on?

« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2014, 03:38:36 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
… if that's how you want to read that post, you've got serious issues. Literally all I did in that post was state my argument as to why Rubio is a starting-quality player and either because you're obsessively protective of Rondo or obsessively vitriolic towards Rubio, you somehow managed to boil that down into "LOL THIS GUY THINKS RUBIO IS BETTER THAN RONDO" when that wasn't the point of that message. At all.

Psst: Rondo being a historically better finisher (as I already acknowledged, if you were paying attention) and more athletic than Rubio means Rubio quite obviously can't do everything Rondo can.  That doesn't somehow mean Rubio is a bench player. It also doesn't mean Rubio doesn't have his own strengths.

But yeah, lol smh hahahaha why actually try to debate when you can throw out insane red herrings and express faux outrage at straw men once it starts getting a little hot under the collar? So funny

« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2014, 03:52:08 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
Well if you say scoring is =, defense >, passing = and impact = in different post why cant i add it up? What am l not understanding. Or does all your Rubio BS in its total now sound foolish and you trying to back up. You are horrible lol.

« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2014, 04:21:42 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
Your reading comprehension is really lacking and you're just making things up.

There are two things I said they are equal in: being poor shooters and having the same impact. For this past season, they also had being subpar finishers in common.

I never once said anything about Rondo's passing or his defense. I also never said that they're equal in scoring since, you know, Rondo's superior finishing ability has allowed him to be slightly more of an offensive threat for his career.

You don't seem to get it. I brought up Rondo because he's a poor shooter, much like Rubio, whose shooting you think is so bad that he can't be a starter. Stop trying to twist that into "Rubio is better than Rondo."
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 04:29:05 AM by Endless Paradise »

« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2014, 04:28:12 AM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
I'll go get the popcorn
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2014, 04:29:10 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
Your reading comprehension is really lacking and you're just making things up.

There are two things I said they are equal in: being poor shooters and having the same impact. For this past season, they also had being subpar finishers in common.

I never once said anything about Rondo's passing or his defense. I also never that they're equal in scoring since, you know, Rondo's superior finishing ability has allowed him to be slightly more of an offensive threat for his career.

You don't seem to get it. I brought up Rondo because he's a poor shooter, much like Rubio, whose shooting you think is so bad that he can't be a starter. Stop trying to twist that into "Rubio is better than Rondo."
But did or you did not say impact of Rondo wasn't greater, the offense similar, defense top level, passing at top of league good with only cp3 and Calderon ahead. Sounds like a man crush on Rubio. And it definitely "reads" as Rubio being the better player with numbers and stats all added in. You wrote the crap don't blame me.

« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2014, 05:05:38 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
It reads like that to you because 1) you are terrible at reading and 2) you seem personally offended by any praise for Rubio.  Don't blame me for your educational failings and your inability to control your feelings.  Those are "you" problems.

Assist/TO ratio is about ability to protect the ball; that has nothing to do with what I said about Rubio's passing.  Isolation defense is merely one aspect of defense; if you understand the game of basketball (and, you know, if you read that post where I mentioned that Rubio needs to work on his team defense), you should know this. Rubio is a good defender who happens to be elite at isolation defense -- that is not a wide-spanning statement meaning, "Rubio's an all-purpose defender along the lines of Paul George."  Again, stop making up things I've never said. 

The offense is similar, the impact is similar.  They are both NBA quality starters.  If you want to take that statement as an insult to your precious Rondo, that's on you.  I'll stay in the real, grounded world where that's merely an assessment of their respective skill levels.  You can go ahead and tear up about it while clutching onto your #9 jersey in disgust at someone saying that Rubio can start on a good team while playing in the same league as Rondo.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 05:13:13 AM by Endless Paradise »

« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2014, 05:23:04 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
It reads like that to you because 1) you are terrible at reading and 2) you seem personally offended by any praise for Rubio.  Don't blame me for your educational failings and your inability to control your feelings.  Those are "you" problems.

Assist/TO ratio is about ability to protect the ball; that has nothing to do with what I said about Rubio's passing.  Isolation defense is merely one aspect of defense; if you understand the game of basketball (and, you know, if you read that post where I mentioned that Rubio needs to work on his team defense), you should know this. Rubio is a good defender who happens to be elite at isolation defense -- that is not a wide-spanning statement meaning "Rubio's an all-purpose defender along the lines of Paul George.  Again, stop making up things I've never said. 

The offense is similar, the impact is similar.  They are both NBA quality starters.  If you want to take that statement as an insult to your precious Rondo, that's on you.  I'll stay in the real, grounded world where that's merely an assessment of their respective skill levels.

It's your own words in context. I didn't take them out of their place. I merely pointed out while you frantically defending your lova Rubio you basically wrote he was better than Rondo by putting him above or equal in most the major phases of the game. Which we all know is BS. Once I call you on it you want to claim that I don't comprehend?  Lol please, you stuck your own keyboard in your mouth now live with it. Back track all you want. And you want to call me a Rondo defender what on earth did I write defending Rondo. Do I love him as you do Rubio clearly no. I didn't go spouting off Rondo stats or finding fluff pieces on him to post. No mame you are the person with serious player idlization issues.

« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2014, 05:32:35 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
Once I call you on it you want to claim that I don't comprehend?

I'm not claiming anything; I am stating as a fact plainly apparent to anyone who bothers to go through this thread that you can't read effectively.  You have obvious comprehension issues.  You're very insecure in that it makes you extremely uncomfortable seeing a guy you dislike receive any type of praise.  You aren't composed, mature, or grounded enough to understand that I can say Rubio is a good player without that somehow being an indictment on Rondo.  It is what it is.

« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2014, 05:50:39 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
Once I call you on it you want to claim that I don't comprehend?

I'm not claiming anything; I am stating as a fact plainly apparent to anyone who bothers to go through this thread that you can't read effectively.  You have obvious comprehension issues.  You're very insecure in that it makes you extremely uncomfortable seeing a guy you dislike receive any type of praise.  You aren't composed, mature, or grounded enough to understand that I can say Rubio is a good player without that somehow being an indictment on Rondo.  It is what it is.

Insecure if I was insecure I would not have posted anything. As for comprehension the more you say that the less I believe you understand what it means. It's like you think writing that makes it true lol. I absolutely comprehended you like Rubio. And still you want to make everything about Rondo. What is wrong with you. Would a guy who suggested trading Rondo care a great deal about him? No. But you're not intelligent enough to pick that up from the start lol. You keep writing and telling yourself that I'm doing this for love of Rondo. What ever keeps your Rubio love going.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 05:58:30 AM by Csfan1984 »

« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2014, 05:52:37 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2014, 05:56:21 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
Took you long enough to take your own advice: