Author Topic: Buy low on 2 guys, still rebuild. (Hibbert/Bargnani)  (Read 5441 times)

Re: Buy low on 2 guys, still rebuild. (Hibbert/Bargnani)
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2014, 04:09:28 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
If i was one of 3 guys being trade FOR Bargnani, i would stop playing basketball. He is that bad of a player, and giving 2-3 guys for him would really make you think.
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2014, 08:25:55 AM »

Offline the_gunner

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 3
I think that the signing of Turner makes our roster fairly balanced with the one big problem - we need a center and we need him badly.

Next years free agency is loaded with good players and the draft is a real goldmine when it comes to big men.

That is also why we should give Bargnani a try, and if it doesn't work out well we should just cut him. We should now try to get rid of our bad contracts and when this season ends we should have enough money to be a serious contender in the fa-race.

That is why I think that taking on Bargnani would be fantastic. Even taking on Stoudemire as well would be great if it can help us get rid of Wallace and other useless tools.

I would suggest:
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=odfjykm

or if we can persuade the Nets to take part:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lajd8md

Then we could play Stoudemire when he is 100% and rest him when he is not(2 out of 3 games), and see if Bargnani could get into his former level.

The upside is for sure, that we want have any bad contracts when the season is over, and if Bargnani becomes a decent options, then we can sign him to a low contract.

« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2014, 09:46:37 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I agree with the thinking of OP

If making a 8 seed is important and part of your goal of the celtics

It could be DA doesn't want to loose enough games to get a SERIOUS draft pick

No matter what any of us think, if that's the case ....for his weak minded approach for a rebuild , then getting these guys brings in a few more wins and might keep Rondo happy for a while.

The PRIZE ..is Marc Gasol .....we ll need Rondo to get him

The Celtics will have a lot of bullets in their gun when they go hunting next season.

Bargnani is not, in any shape or form, going to get us more wins.  Starting either Sully, Zeller or Olynyk at center would be a major upgradevover Bargnani in the win department... And that's not saying much

« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2014, 10:20:07 AM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 12
mozgov is better than hibbert
charlie v. and seraphin are better than bargnani