Author Topic: Idea: Green and Sullinger for Monroe  (Read 2922 times)

Re: Idea: Green and Sullinger for Monroe
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2014, 01:16:15 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Who plays SF for the Celtics? If we are trading Green, we need a replacement for him coming back. All we would have is Wallace left. Somebody has to guard Melo, Lebron  and any other scoring SF in the East. I think Green does a reasonably good job on that end of the court and everyone that wants him gone doesn't give him enough credit for it.

My reasoning is that (a) you have to give up something to get something, and (b) there is a risk that the Cs won't be able to retain Green next summer (when he can opt out of his current deal and become a FA).
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2014, 01:41:44 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
On the subject of Monroe

1. Suprised the heat didnt go after him instead of Deng, he seems like the perfect fit with Bosh.

2. Could he be plan B for the Cavs? Would package build around Waiters and Bennett be enough to get a S&T done?
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2014, 02:15:28 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Rather have Monroe than Sully anyday of the week.   

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2014, 03:45:41 PM »

Offline #1P4P

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 140
This upcoming season, Sullinger is going to make these trade ideas look like trash. He's going to match or exceed Monroe's stats offensively and he's already a better defensive player. There's going to be relief that Ainge didn't move him (although CBs obsession with height is overwhelming enough to still make these trade ideas despite a younger Sullinger being a better overall player).

If he gets to his target weight of 260 and is used at his optimum PF position (2 high probability qualifiers), his averages are going to go up 2 full points (15/10). If Stevens and the coaching staff utilize his midrange and post game more often, instead of positioning him at the perimeter to shoot 3s (unless his 3P shooting has improved consistently), his average will go up to 17/11.

Seeing the contracts that comparable wing players have received this off-season, Green is also an attractive piece that would get a decent return on his own at 2 years approx. $19M remaining. He'd net a 1st from a contending/pretending team that wants wing depth (Bobcats? Bulls?).

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2014, 03:58:53 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I also think this would be a great deal for both teams. If needed, we could also include the LAC pick or the Philly 2nd rounders. It would also open the door for signing Evan Turner to play sf.

On another note, would Minny be interested in a three way with Monroe as the main piece as a replacement for Love? I realize it would take a little more, but he seems to be the main young all-star type big man that could slide right in to their line-up.

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2014, 04:32:34 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Theres really a lack of decent sf's in the league. I think Jeff Green is being undervalued.

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2014, 04:59:10 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
If he gets to his target weight of 260

If, If, If....Right now he is more like Jared from Subway Before

I hope your right cause if your not Monroe is a better player.  Still won't help his shooting though and therein where lies Jared other flaw.  I agree he was playing out of position. 

We will find out whether he is all talk and lazy or the real deal this year.   I hope he is the real deal but I am beginning to worry he is the former.

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2014, 05:03:47 PM »

Offline Jesus Shuttlesworth #20

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 28
Why would the Pistons trade one good player for two bad players?

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2014, 05:12:13 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I'd do it and than bring in Evan Turner to play SF (not a huge fan but he's good enough for now).

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2014, 05:12:34 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Why would the Pistons trade one good player for two bad players?

Green and Sullinger are good players.