Author Topic: How to get wiggins  (Read 3765 times)

Re: How to get wiggins
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2014, 10:39:29 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
DA is in Vegas right? Grab him when he's on his way to a game, throw him in a van, and head back to Boston!

I think that would be the easiest way. Doing it the proper way dealing with other GM's and Owners will be a lot tougher.

I think it will take 3 teams to get some thing done.

I think we have a better chance grabbing Bennett and playing him as a stretch 4 and Moving Sully.

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2014, 10:48:27 AM »

Offline puskas54_10

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 13
There is now way. You put out homer trades on a daily basis. You really don't understand trades I guess.
Prepare for a bad season from the celtics.

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2014, 10:52:49 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
There is no way to get Wiggins, short of extortion.  You could probably get Anthony Bennett if you wanted.

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2014, 10:55:41 AM »

Offline puskas54_10

• Derrick White
The only way we're gonna get Wiggins is if we set our sights a lot lower and sign his brother instead:
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/62190/nick-wiggins

Nice one  :)

Then sign the other Griffin  ;D

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2014, 11:06:49 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
The only way we're gonna get Wiggins is if we set our sights a lot lower and sign his brother instead:

There's another Gordon as well.  One could make a mediocre D-league roster out of lesser NBA brothers.

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2014, 11:18:11 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
we lost Wiggins when we did not commit to the tank.

Yes because that's exactly what Cleveland did and how they got him?  Wrong... they didn't tank and yet still wound up with him...

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2014, 11:22:33 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

There's another Gordon as well.  One could make a mediocre D-league roster out of lesser NBA brothers.

Don't forget about Seth Curry
I'm bitter.

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2014, 11:28:52 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
There is now way. You put out homer trades on a daily basis. You really don't understand trades I guess.

Was insulting the man really necessary? Just say "I don't like the trade." I thought the offseason was decent since the Celtics options were limited.

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2014, 11:34:07 AM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176

Horse****.  We'd have had the same 25% chance of winning that the Bucks had, and the same 75% chance of walking away from the lottery p---ed off.

Two steps to trading for Wiggins.  Step one is to trade for Kevin Love.  Step two is to call Cleveland. 

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2014, 11:50:49 AM »

Offline Waew

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 50
Danny offered sullinger + #6  for the #1 pick. Cleveland didn't take it serious.

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2014, 12:08:39 PM »

Offline puskas54_10

• Derrick White

Was insulting the man really necessary? Just say "I don't like the trade." I thought the offseason was decent since the Celtics options were limited.

I didn't intend to insult anybody. I really think he doesn't understand trades. Salaries need to be in similar range, and the other team is not dumb either, that's why i wrote homer trades.

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2014, 05:04:15 PM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
Yeah I'm sure minnesota wants green instead of Wiggins. I'm sure lebron would love to trade 22 to kyrie for 30 year old rondo

lebron only signed a two year deal.

this also works for Cleveland because they are giving up less then they would for love.
rondo would help lebron give Cleveland a real defense. Irving is unproven in the postseason. Rondo however is.

flip saunders looks great because he gets a star in irving, solid vetrans and picks.

boston gets two young prospects who have a high chance to be stars. It gives us a year to develop them
 then we have money from wallaces contract and a couple other expiring ones to sign a big star It also gives us our lottery pick because we were tanking a little.
 this Idea really gives us a solid foundation.
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2014, 05:08:07 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

Yes because that's exactly what Cleveland did and how they got him?  Wrong... they didn't tank and yet still wound up with him...

Keep your reality out of the internet!   ;D

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2014, 05:16:22 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
We could just collectively seduce him and blackmail him into signing with the C's.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2014, 05:19:13 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 7
IDK how I even feel about this as of right now but what do you guys think of essentially doing Rondo for Wiggins.  5 team trade between SAC, BOS, CLEVE, GS, MIN.  Take this with a grain of salt because I obviously dont know exactly what each team would want, or how salaries would match up.  But this is the essence of the trade.  And I also know that this might not realistically happen because of Klay Thompson.  I also gave us McLemore at the end, we can give him up to anyone whose unhappy with their haul in the trade.

SAC OUT - McLemore, Stauskas, (1st Rd Pick SK)
SAC IN - Rajon Rondo
BOS OUT - Rajon Rondo (2 1st Rd Picks) Olynyk
BOS IN - Andrew Wiggins (1st Rd Pick CC) McLemore
CLEVE OUT - Andrew Wiggins, Anthony Bennett, Dion Waiters/Tristan Thompson, (1st Rd Pick CC)
CLEVE IN - Kevin Love, Kevin Martin
GS OUT - Klay Thompson
GS IN - Stauskas (2 1st Rd Picks, BS & BS)
MIN OUT - Kevin Martin, Kevin Love
MIN IN - Thompson, Bennett, Waiters/Thompson, Olynyk (1st Rd Pick SK)

Or even skip out on aquiring Klay Thompson all together and just give stauskas and mclemore as that piece.  Or after we get mclemore and stauskas, take what we originally offered for kevin love plus stauskas; and just take everything cleveland is offering.  IDK i feel like there are a lot of ways we can make this worse.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 05:36:57 PM by bmac934 »