Author Topic: An alternative to a trade for Love  (Read 1763 times)

An alternative to a trade for Love
« on: July 18, 2014, 01:14:58 AM »

Offline mnshyn

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 16
  • Forever Green
Considering Dieng's rise, what if we were to get a legit center back from the whole deal?  What if we can help sweeten the pot for MIN to make the deal smoother and get something back ourselves?  As much as it would be horrible for Love to go to the Cavs, we could at least get something for it rather than sit idle by and do nothing.

BOS out: Anthony, Bass, Bogans, Olynyk
BOS in: Pekovic, Thompson

CLE out: Thompson, Waiters, Wiggins
CLE in: Love

MIN out: Pekovic, Love
MIN in: Wiggins, Bass, Bogans, Waiters, Olynyk, Anthony

Why MIN:
Cap space and lots of young potential.  If trading Love away, why not allow Dieng to be the starting Center at a fraction of the price since he's now showing some brilliance?  I'm pretty sure they're not going to build around Pek with Love gone.  They can choose to start Olynyk or Bass at PF.  On top of that, they get Wiggins and Waiters.  With Bogan's contract to be waived, Bass and Anthony expiring, they have lots of space to work with next offseason.

Why CLE:
Love.

Why BOS:
Although not a rim protector, Pek is a big 6'11'' 285 lb hard-nosed bruiser of a legit C that has a great offensive game averaging 17.7p last year.  He averages in the high 8's for REB's in the last two years.  Both stats are pretty good considering he had Love right beside him (Sully would be the equivalent type in this case).  We also get Thompson, a decent scorer and rebounder who would replace Bass/Olynyk, who is also an expiring contract.

Depth Chart:

Rondo / Smart / Pressey
Bradley / Thornton / Young / Johnson (waive?) / Babb (waive?)
Green / Wallace
Sully / Thompson
Pekovic / Zeller / Faverani

By next year, if we want to say that no free agents like signing here, I think our trade pieces would be better by deadline and next trade deadline or offseason with the team as I've stated.  If Marc Gasol doesn't want to re-up with Memphis, a Gasol for Pek trade could be something either at the deadline or S+T.  Thornton and Thompson are expiring.  Rondo's is too, but we may want to re-up with him if he doesn't get traded and he comes into his own as a leader this year.

What do you guys think?
Play to win.  Always.

Re: An alternative to a trade for Love
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 01:43:09 AM »

Offline Kenhov

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 17

I wouldn't be surprised if Ainge picks up someone who could turn out infinitely better for this team than even Love.

Al Horford. Atlanta are dangerously close to that place where a team just treads water, not moving forward significantly.

He is on a great contract and it just feels like an Ainge move.

Rondo
Bradley
Green
Sullinger
Horford

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 01:46:15 AM »

Offline mnshyn

• Payton Pritchard
  • Forever Green

I wouldn't be surprised if Ainge picks up someone who could turn out infinitely better for this team than even Love.

Al Horford. Atlanta are dangerously close to that place where a team just treads water, not moving forward significantly.

Rondo
Bradley
Green
Sullinger
Horford

Horford would be great, but after two torn pectoral muscles in two consecutive years... I would hope nothing else starts to rip.
Play to win.  Always.

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 02:16:27 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

I would

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 03:29:30 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth

Rondo
Bradley
Green
Sullinger
Horford

Horford would be great, but after two torn pectoral muscles in two consecutive years... I would hope nothing else starts to rip.
Nice idea, I would love to have him. The best undersized C I've seen in a while
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 07:14:43 AM »

Offline TeamGreen.dm

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 9
  • here comes Banner 18

Rondo
Bradley
Green
Sullinger
Horford

I said this in a previous post. Would love Horford in green
"I am not going to back down from any challenge. Like I said, you are going to have to prove to me. I am a fighter; I will keep fighting and will never give up." Marcus Smart

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2014, 07:50:12 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I don't think Pek is the answer he and sully are not a good fit on D. He is already 28 and is at his prime with little room to grow. If the teams top 3 talents are RR, Green and Pek they are destine to be a 7-8 seed for the next 2 years.

I also dont think Horford is a realistic target, if he stays healthy I expect ATL to make some noise in the playoffs this year. They have one whole and thats starting SF. I can really see Green being shipped there.

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2014, 10:31:36 AM »

Offline mnshyn

• Payton Pritchard
  • Forever Green
I don't think Pek is the answer he and sully are not a good fit on D. He is already 28 and is at his prime with little room to grow. If the teams top 3 talents are RR, Green and Pek they are destine to be a 7-8 seed for the next 2 years.

I also dont think Horford is a realistic target, if he stays healthy I expect ATL to make some noise in the playoffs this year. They have one whole and thats starting SF. I can really see Green being shipped there.

True, however I think if we were able to get Pek, he could be a very good trade chip for a better fit if the D really takes a hit.  Maybe a M. Gasol trade if he doesn't want to stay in Memphis.
Play to win.  Always.