Author Topic: If the Cavs can't get Love , three way trade idea: Celtics-Kings-Cavs  (Read 1454 times)

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Principal pieces involved

To Kings: Rondo
To Cavs: Green, Mclemore, Bass, 2016 kings 1st
To Celtics: Wiggins

Reason Kings do the trade: They need a legit starting pg still. Collison is an emergency pg pickup. They prob finish off this offseason by getting Josh Smith somehow.

Reason Cavs do the trade: Lebron wants to win right now. If the Love deal doesn't happen, he is still going to want/need more vet guys on the team. Green would be a perfect 3rd scoring option on the cavs and can switch to play at the sg position or come off the bench to provide scoring.  James knows Bass . Both Green and Bass have been to the playoffs before. Mclemore adds firepower off the bench and you add a 2016 1st for giving up Wiggins

Reason Celtics do the trade: This is the kind of player Danny is looking for if he has to trade Rondo.  But you also need to include Green to make this trade happen. Celts overpay a little but also get a potential franchise calibre player for the long run.

Potential lineup

C- Zeller
PF- KO/Sully
SF - Wiggins
SG - AB/Young
PG - Smart

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
I do not see the cave getting enough out of the deal for them to do this. But I wish this did happen.

Offline puskas54_10

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 13
Principal pieces involved

To Kings: Rondo
To Cavs: Green, Mclemore, Bass, 2016 kings 1st
To Celtics: Wiggins

Reason Kings do the trade: They need a legit starting pg still. Collison is an emergency pg pickup. They prob finish off this offseason by getting Josh Smith somehow.

Reason Cavs do the trade: Lebron wants to win right now. If the Love deal doesn't happen, he is still going to want/need more vet guys on the team. Green would be a perfect 3rd scoring option on the cavs and can switch to play at the sg position or come off the bench to provide scoring.  James knows Bass . Both Green and Bass have been to the playoffs before. Mclemore adds firepower off the bench and you add a 2016 1st for giving up Wiggins

Reason Celtics do the trade: This is the kind of player Danny is looking for if he has to trade Rondo.  But you also need to include Green to make this trade happen. Celts overpay a little but also get a potential franchise calibre player for the long run.

Potential lineup

C- Zeller
PF- KO/Sully
SF - Wiggins
SG - AB/Young
PG - Smart

Please...
Wiggins is number one pick. A star in the making. Kevin Love is an all star. Wiggins for Love could happen (I don't think it will), but role players for Wiggins will never work!
And you have the nerve to say the celtics overpay a little. LOL

If something you could learn in the Big 3 era, that stars make teams special. Ray, Paul, Kevin put the fear in other teams, just like in the case of the Miami Big 3. Wiggins could be that guy while your plate of role players are not.

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I know this is probably a dumb question, but if the Cavs can't get Love, you think they would agree to Rondo, Green and Sullinger for Wiggins, Waiters and Bennett?

Rondo at the point and Kyrie at the 2?

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I know this is probably a dumb question, but if the Cavs can't get Love, you think they would agree to Rondo, Green and Sullinger for Wiggins, Waiters and Bennett?

I was thinking this also. But irving is a little short to be a sg

Offline JWC95

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 7
We should keep Rondo, and the Cavs wouldn't accept this trade.
JWC95

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458

Well, they're hesitant to give up that package for Love. Doubt they would for Rondo.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6