Author Topic: Bass for Biyombo?  (Read 2329 times)

Re: Bass for Biyombo?
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2014, 09:51:48 PM »

Offline Rick Robeys Return

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35
  • The bringer of DJ
Their priority is probably moving either Gerald Henderson or Gary Neal.  They'll try to use Biyombo as the sweetener to get someone to take one of those guys, although I doubt it will work.

If Charlotte offers Bass for Biyombo and Neal, with taking on one of Charlotte's extra SGs being mandatory unless you give up a first, what do you do?  (Keep in mind that this is not a yes or no question.  Your reaction can be to make a counter-offer.)  I can't see Biyombo being valuable enough to take on either of those guys, so the Celtics would have to shop for a third team that needs SG depth.

This is challenging. Biyombo and Neal is actually close - salary wise  - to Bass. Within $150k or so. The issue is the roster spot, and then the log jam at the 2. And offering Babb or CJ doesnt help us at all since without them we are at 14 guaranteed contracts, plus Bogans = 15 spots. I dont think this happens without multiple further moves.

BTW, does anyone know: if we assign Young to Maine, does that free up a roster spot? Even if so, doubtful we are going to want to just keep him up there all season....

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2014, 10:06:07 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Their priority is probably moving either Gerald Henderson or Gary Neal.  They'll try to use Biyombo as the sweetener to get someone to take one of those guys, although I doubt it will work.

If Charlotte offers Bass for Biyombo and Neal, with taking on one of Charlotte's extra SGs being mandatory unless you give up a first, what do you do?  (Keep in mind that this is not a yes or no question.  Your reaction can be to make a counter-offer.)  I can't see Biyombo being valuable enough to take on either of those guys, so the Celtics would have to shop for a third team that needs SG depth.

This is challenging. Biyombo and Neal is actually close - salary wise  - to Bass. Within $150k or so. The issue is the roster spot, and then the log jam at the 2. And offering Babb or CJ doesnt help us at all since without them we are at 14 guaranteed contracts, plus Bogans = 15 spots. I dont think this happens without multiple further moves.

BTW, does anyone know: if we assign Young to Maine, does that free up a roster spot? Even if so, doubtful we are going to want to just keep him up there all season....

No, it doesn't.

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2014, 10:07:05 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Heck yeah I'd do that, but I don't think the Hornets would.
this

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2014, 10:17:11 PM »

Offline green147

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Heck yeah I'd do that, but I don't think the Hornets would.
this

I don't know why not. They're finally a playoff team that Bass could help. Biyombo averaged less than 3 ppg and could barely get minutes. I've never been a huge fan, but I like the idea of getting Bass to a better situation and getting some sort of rim protection.