Author Topic: Pacers a sensible place for Rondo  (Read 548 times)

Pacers a sensible place for Rondo
« on: July 17, 2014, 05:32:35 PM »

Offline eamona

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 3
Count me among those people who's not in any rush to trade Rondo. I think the Celtics' best bet is to hold onto him until next summer and see if he can help attract another big name player, even if there's a risk of his walking for nothing in return.

With that said, if the Celtics do choose to move him, I think Indiana is the most sensible place, given the horridness of their offense last year and their utter lack of anyone who can penetrate, especially with Stevenson gone. Here's Zach Lowe:

The Pacers have replaced Stephenson mostly with shooting... Shooting is nice, but open shots don’t just magically emerge. You have to create them, and it’s unclear how the Pacers will do that without Stephenson. George Hill is a pricey caretaker point guard who often moved out of the way while Stephenson and Paul George ran the show. Paul George has grown as a pick-and-roll guy, but the improvement has been slow and fitful, with lots of shaky ballhandling and missed pull-up jumpers.

The remainder if the article is here:

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/lance-stephenson-hornets-pacers-eastern-conference/

Now that Stevenson is no longer a sign-and-trade option for them, do they have any conceivable package worthy of bringing in Rondo? Curious to hear what people think.