Author Topic: Suns could be looking to trade Bledsoe  (Read 2429 times)

Suns could be looking to trade Bledsoe
« on: July 17, 2014, 03:26:29 PM »

Offline No Nickname

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 85
He wants more than the Suns are willing to give him.  Would Danny deal Rondo straight-up for him if Bledsoe were signed to a deal within 90% of Rondo's $12M/yr? 

With Phoenix drafting a PG and signing Isaiah Thomas, perhaps they'd want something else like say Roy Hibbert and Chris Copeland in a three-way with Indiana that nets the Pacers Rondo instead? 

Perhaps Boston gets an Indiana 1st round pick too if Danny feels that Rondo is more valuable than just getting Bledsoe?

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11227467/eric-bledsoe-phoenix-suns-remain-far-apart-contract-negotiations

Re: Suns could be looking to trade Bledsoe
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 03:37:14 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
With  Phoenix already loaded with point guards, another team should try snagging him for the max or near max.

But i think the teams that could use him have already used up most of their cap space. A Detroit swap for Greg Monroe would help both teams a lot. Maybe Atlanta still has room?

As for the Celtics i would try to make things work with Rondo. If Rondo is 100% he is a much better point guard.

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 03:40:08 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I think there's plenty of minutes for IT, Dragic, and Bledsoe to co-exist on that Suns roster.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 03:41:40 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I think there's plenty of minutes for IT, Dragic, and Bledsoe to co-exist on that Suns roster.

Agree

They should stay together .  Rare chemistry on court

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 04:08:25 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54

What about Tyler Ennis?
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2014, 04:46:19 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I dont see a Rondo for Bledsor deal happening but do think the suns will explore S&T options. Could see a Henson and Mayo for Bledsoe deal. The Bucks could go with a young combo backcourt in Bledsoe and Knight this with their high potential front court would make for an interesting roster. Henson would be a nice fit as a running center and Mayo could be a major bounce back candidate as their 6th man
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2014, 04:46:52 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

What about Tyler Ennis?

I doubt that a rookie will command much playing time. Garbage minutes and spot duty.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2014, 04:50:53 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
With  Phoenix already loaded with point guards, another team should try snagging him for the max or near max.

But i think the teams that could use him have already used up most of their cap space. A Detroit swap for Greg Monroe would help both teams a lot. Maybe Atlanta still has room?

As for the Celtics i would try to make things work with Rondo. If Rondo is 100% he is a much better point guard.

This. A Bledsoe for Monroe swap makes a ton of sense for both teams. Is a double sign and trade allowed, considering both players are FAs?

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2014, 04:56:54 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

This. A Bledsoe for Monroe swap makes a ton of sense for both teams. Is a double sign and trade allowed, considering both players are FAs?

Double sign-and-trades are absolutely allowed.  When we signed-and-traded for Courtney Lee, part of our outgoing salary was signing-and-trading Sasha Pavlovic to Portland.

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2014, 04:57:00 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
No, we're not upgrading this year.  deal with the crappy team we have now.

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2014, 05:08:08 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420

This would make sense, especially if Smith isnt traded.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2014, 05:41:48 PM »

Offline P stoff

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 31
just envisioning a Smart/Bledsoe, Bradley, Thornton backcourt... and kind of liking it. Add Turner or CDR...    so Rondo and Bass plus a pick,  for Bledsoe (s+t) and Len

Bledsoe, Bradley, Green, Sully, Zeller
Smart, Thornton, Turner, KO, FAV / Len

...probably dreaming.

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2014, 05:46:40 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Getting bledsoe and len for Rondo would be pretty interesting  Everything I read about Len is that he's a very raw prospect with elite defensive potential in a couple years. 

Probably too much for the Suns to give up.

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2014, 05:51:19 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Getting bledsoe and len for Rondo would be pretty interesting  Everything I read about Len is that he's a very raw prospect with elite defensive potential in a couple years. 

That trade doesnt work. Bledsoe is better and younger than rondo

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2014, 05:53:54 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

That trade doesnt work. Bledsoe is better and younger than rondo
Not to mention, it just doesn't make any sense whatsoever for either team...

Suns already have Dragic at PG... + they brought in Thomas + they drafted Ennis.

Celtics already have Smart presumably pegged as our PG in the post Rondo era.  Both teams need to dump small for big... doesn't make sense dumping small for small.