Author Topic: Dante Exum is Impressive  (Read 12351 times)

Re: Dante Exum is Impressive
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2014, 08:07:16 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
I think if Marshon Brooks was from Australia people here would have been calling him the next Kobe. Wait...people on here were calling him the next Kobe for a year after we passed on him.

« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2014, 08:11:52 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Seeing Exum play makes me mad that Ainge couldn't lost just one more game. Smart is a bust.

You couldn't have possible watched Smart or Exum play.  Exum averaged 7 pts per 30 min in summer league and disappeared constantly, at times looking lost on the court.   Smart averaged 14-5-5-2.

Comment with support...or at least thought.

You think I'm commenting on just SL? The guy has freakish physical tools. He has an amazing first step. Can you imagine if Ainge had just gotten it right and drafted the Greek Freak and lost one more game to get his hands on Exum? My god that would be pure athletic talent. Instead we get KO and Smart...ugh

What's wrong with Smart and Olynyk? And just because Exum has the tools, doesn't mean that he'll succeed in the NBA.

I mean clearly because Exum has shown a few flashes (in SL) he'll automatically be a superstar while Smart had a great summer league (defense, steals, fts, passing, etc) minus the shooting he's definitely a bust soley because of the shooting (in SL).

The sad part is there's people on this forum who really believe that...

« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2014, 08:14:18 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Yeah.... I like Exum but I wouldn't use Summer League to declare as the next Kobe or Penny.

« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2014, 11:27:46 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Paging Celtics18.

Wearily, I answer your call.

Marcus Smart has had a better summer league than Dante Exum in every single statistical category except field goal percentage.

But, that first step . . . it's too bad for Dante that his second, third, and fourth steps still leave a lot to be desired. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2014, 11:35:13 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I think if Marshon Brooks was from Australia people here would have been calling him the next Kobe. Wait...people on here were calling him the next Kobe for a year after we passed on him.

Did you know that he's playing for the Kings in Vegas?  Off the bench lol?  Man, he has so much talent, if he even gave an ounce of a crap on defense he'd be a starting sg.  Sigh.  I still think that he would have been better off learning from Ray, Paul, and KG during his rookie year (assuming that we had kept him, of course).  He's a great scorer.

« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2014, 11:45:11 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99

Saw Marshon Brooks the other day playing a summer league game, its sad his game has regressed a bit and he looks too slow nowadays.
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2014, 12:00:47 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I think Smart would own him defensively.  Exum is still a kid.  Marcus is a man.
Which is funny, because Smart is what, a year and a couple of months older?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2014, 12:13:12 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Paging Celtics18.

Wearily, I answer your call.

Marcus Smart has had a better summer league than Dante Exum in every single statistical category except field goal percentage.

But, that first step . . . it's too bad for Dante that his second, third, and fourth steps still leave a lot to be desired.

;D

I just missed you.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2014, 04:51:24 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
According to NBA.COM's PIE rating system, Dante Exum was the worst first round rookie in this year's summer league with a PIE of 4.80.

I know these kinds of stats aren't that meaningful, but, ouch, the numbers sure looked bad.  I only caught one of his summer league games, the one against Portland, and I was not impressed.  He didn't dribble well, he didn't shoot well, and he didn't seem to have the lift, strength or balance to finish well.

But, he sure does have a lot of potential.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2014, 04:58:49 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Perhaps the reason he didn't play ball the year prior to the draft?

« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2014, 07:37:01 PM »

Offline TeamGreen.dm

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 9
  • here comes Banner 18
I bet Marcus Smart beats Exum in a fist fight in a dark alley. Just sayin
"I am not going to back down from any challenge. Like I said, you are going to have to prove to me. I am a fighter; I will keep fighting and will never give up." Marcus Smart

« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2014, 08:08:27 PM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
I'm sure it will amuse all the Dante Exum critics if I point out that not only was Exum not the best performed Australian at Summer League, he wasn't even the best performed Australian on the Utah Jazz! :o

In seriousness, Exum was always going to be one of the lottery picks who needed to be brought on slowly. Which would've made him a good fit for the Celtics because we are going to have plenty of 'development of talent' time.

He's barely even 19 and isn't ready for big minutes like Smart and others. Just give him time.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER