Author Topic: The star we should bring home in free agency in 2015  (Read 6404 times)

Re: The star we should bring home in free agency in 2015
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2014, 05:00:09 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
You really think Boston is more desirable to most people than Chicago?

I am not from Boston but I would choose it over Chicago because of the ocean is better than a great lake.  Fresh sea food beats freshwater fish.  Both have cold weather but Boston has more history.  We also win NBA history wise.  CHI has a better market to make secondary money but the BOS one is bigger geographically with a lot of NE.

That being said CHI didn't bring home a star this year and I doubt BOS will next year.   Stars like good weather and good weather places get stars all the time but it did not help LA or Houston this year.

While I agree with your reasoning (plus I'm a sucker for mountains, even East Coast mountains, and as such despise Midwestern geography), I don't know that its nearly as strong a case as you might think. I infinitely prefer Chicago as a city to Boston, which, if we're being honest, is miniscule when it comes to, you know, actually being a city.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2014, 05:00:53 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
None. Wait for 2016 and plan A would be signing both Anthony Davis and Kevin Durant. That's why you skip 2015.

Rondo/smart
Young
Durant
Davis
J. Okafor
someone else may have said this here before you but that's the first time I've heard that idea and it's a pretty good one.  no guarantee either would leave their current teams but we'd definitely have the cap space that year and with Rondo still on the team, those 2 would put us as top contenders. 

definitely a tasty backup plan

A backup plan that's kind of like hoping you'll fall into a supermodel's arms if the barista turns you down for a date.

Top notch analogy!   :)

« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2014, 06:05:59 PM »

Offline Rodan45

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
Boston is nice  :(

I get why some places are better weather wise, but are we really a place to be avoided like Minneapolis?

Is it the dating scene/lack there of?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DuY4WOMucU