Author Topic: The star we should bring home in free agency in 2015  (Read 6432 times)

The star we should bring home in free agency in 2015
« on: July 16, 2014, 12:07:12 PM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
 there is no question that we could have a lot of open cap space next year. If so I think the celtics should go after 25 year old center deandre Jordan. if olynyk turns into the offensive force we hope for. deandre would get quite a few rebounds and be a great rim protector.
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

Re: The star we should bring home in free agency in 2015
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 12:10:58 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
I say either DeAndre Jordan, Marc Gasol or Robin Lopez for center position (potential star). We may also need a scorer, and Aldridge/Rudy Gay will be UFA next year too.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 12:22:44 PM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
I'm not sure, but I remember reading somewhere that his advanced defensive stats weren't good. The perception that he's a good defender was due to his block numbers.

Also, shoot me if we get Rudy Gay. Scratch that. Ask Rudy Gay to try to shoot me.

I like seeing these guys that were always in Paul Pierce trades like eight years ago having nondescript careers while he's aged so successfully.  Specifically remember Rudy Gay, Caron Butler, Corey Maggette and Kirk Hinrich.
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 12:23:59 PM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52
Boston has zero shot at getting any of these guys. Why would Gasol leave Memphis for a colder place that has less of a chance at contending? Love is heading to The Lakers. Please let's forget these pipe dreams. NO BIG NAME FREE AGENT WILL EVER SIGN HERE!!! Ever! The weather is terrible, the night life is lacking and places like LA are more attractive.

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 12:27:18 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
Boston has zero shot at getting any of these guys. Why would Gasol leave Memphis for a colder place that has less of a chance at contending? Love is heading to The Lakers. Please let's forget these pipe dreams. NO BIG NAME FREE AGENT WILL EVER SIGN HERE!!! Ever! The weather is terrible, the night life is lacking and places like LA are more attractive.

Unless you love winter like me :D
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 12:28:14 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

CAPS LOCK
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2014, 12:30:49 PM »

Offline beklog

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 64
Based from what I can scrap from the web:
Millsap - keeps on improving
Brook Lopez (player option) - great true center excluding the injuries
Big Al (player option) - Still wants him back
LBJ (player option) - I'll be hypocrite if I say I didn''t want him in green
Faried (restricted) - I really like his energy
Klay Thompson (restricted) - if AB didn't improve his shooting I want him as replacement
Hibbert and West (player option) - suits well on our system
Jordan - I see him not parting with CP3 or Blake
Marc Gasol & Koufos - say "real" center??
Wade - Pass!
Love - love this!
Asik - if everything else fails, we can still get him
Stoudamire - knee-jerk
Dragic (player option) - replacement for RR?
Aldridge - On top of my list together with Gasol
Robin Lopez - not a max player, but he won't be cheap
Gay - Need a closer? or a volume scorer?
Danny Green - the only Green that I want
Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light… I just take pictures…

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2014, 12:32:17 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

party pooper  :-\

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2014, 12:35:43 PM »

Offline CeltsAcumen

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
Im gonna have to disagree on De'Andre Jordan.  He is a huge liability on the free throw line and the Celtics will not get max value out of him because he is a terrible and unreliable shooter from the line.  Yes he is a high light reel in terms of athleticism, but not being able to use him in close games makes his value drop considerably.

I would much rather have Gasol a better shooter and a better passer.

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2014, 12:39:12 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Team needs to develop it's young players this year before they can determine if they can even be buyers in 2015. Example: No point on signing a Big if Olyn, Z, Sully each tear it up for 20/10 to 15/7 range. Let's go through the season before thinking about 2015 or 2016 a lot can change.

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2014, 12:49:20 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
Sad to say but the only way I see the Cs being relevant in 2015 FA is if Rondo can sell Love on it and if he isn't traded to the Cavs.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2014, 12:55:32 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Kevin Durant

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2014, 01:11:50 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166

The weather is terrible.  That's a great point, except they are working during the bad weather.  In the off season, they can get the H E Double Hockey Sticks out of town and live where it's nice.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2014, 01:15:25 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
I can pretty much guarentee you we'll get a star next off season, but it's not going to be a FA.  It will be for Wallace + Sully + Picks. 

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2014, 01:17:29 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Kevin Durant

That's 2016. We do have a great pitch, though:

"Hey, Kevin, We aren't afraid of paying the luxury tax to keep a good team together."
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.