Author Topic: Cs / ATl trade idea  (Read 1972 times)

Cs / ATl trade idea
« on: July 16, 2014, 09:21:40 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I checked with the cap guy from NBA insider and this trade should work.

Cs get Carroll, rights to Tarves, and future protected 1st

ATL gets Green

This trade would also create a TPE of prob around 7mill.

The trade also works without carroll and the TPE would be bigger but I cant see DA doing an outright talent dump for 2015.

For ATL,

They struck out with FA. This gets them a starting SF that they need, who has the same length contract as Horford. Where they may lack a true top star they have an impressive 8 man rotation. Teague, Korver, Green, Milsap and Horford would be the likely starters. Sefolosha, Bazemore and Payne/Antic would be the bench. The even scoring that the starting 5 should produce along with the miss match potentials of Milsap and Green should make this an tough offense to match up with.

For the Cs,

Carroll had a break out year last year and should be a competent starter, he is also an expiring contract. Giving the Cs even more cap room next offseason. Tarves worked out for the Cs, he is a project but has good long term potential as a rim protector. He will stay in the ACB for now.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: Cs / ATl trade idea
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 09:59:09 AM »

Offline DraftSmart33

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
I checked with the cap guy from NBA insider and this trade should work.

Cs get Carroll, rights to Tarves, and future protected 1st

ATL gets Green

This trade would also create a TPE of prob around 7mill.

The trade also works without carroll and the TPE would be bigger but I cant see DA doing an outright talent dump for 2015.

For ATL,

They struck out with FA. This gets them a starting SF that they need, who has the same length contract as Horford. Where they may lack a true top star they have an impressive 8 man rotation. Teague, Korver, Green, Milsap and Horford would be the likely starters. Sefolosha, Bazemore and Payne/Antic would be the bench. The even scoring that the starting 5 should produce along with the miss match potentials of Milsap and Green should make this an tough offense to match up with.

For the Cs,

Carroll had a break out year last year and should be a competent starter, he is also an expiring contract. Giving the Cs even more cap room next offseason. Tarves worked out for the Cs, he is a project but has good long term potential as a rim protector. He will stay in the ACB for now.

Are you a Hawks fan or a C's fan?

I'll pass.  Small Forwards are hard to come by in the NBA and Jeff Green at very least performs per pay...all be it inconsistent and frustrating.  I don't want ATL's trash.

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 10:06:07 AM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
It seems reasonable to me but I wonder about two things: 1) I wonder if Atlanta wants to take on the extra salary obligations for what is a definite, but not earth shattering, upgrade at the SF. 2) I don't think Ainge will downgrade the roster in the short term until Love is definitely out of reach.

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 10:07:43 AM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128

I'll pass.  Small Forwards are hard to come by in the NBA and Jeff Green at very least performs per pay...all be it inconsistent and frustrating.  I don't want ATL's trash.

I think this would be a little closer to a split decision than you think. Personally I like the deal pretty well.
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 10:15:51 AM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
I'd rather trade Sully+Bass and a 1st for Milsap if we are dealing with ATL  :P

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 10:23:55 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182

I think this would be a little closer to a split decision than you think. Personally I like the deal pretty well.

Agreed.  And DeMarre Carroll is hardly "ATL's trash."

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2014, 10:25:21 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
It seems reasonable to me but I wonder about two things: 1) I wonder if Atlanta wants to take on the extra salary obligations for what is a definite, but not earth shattering, upgrade at the SF. 2) I don't think Ainge will downgrade the roster in the short term until Love is definitely out of reach.

to answer your questions

1. Next offseason Carroll is a FA if he performs at the same level he will be looking for 5-6mill. I would think that Green's production is worth 3mill more then Carroll. At he contract will match Horfords in length.

2. I agree but if love is out of the picture I can see Green moved.

Also with the state of the East the time for ATL to strike is now. Figuring the top teams in the east will be Bulls, Cavs, Miami, Indy and ???. I think ATL can firmly take that 5th spot and they will match up very well with the other 4. I would not be shocked to see them get up near the 50 win mark with Green and a healthy Horford. They won 38 games last year with alot of injuries. If Horford adds 10 wins and green two that's 50 wins. Realistically a 45-46 win team. That would have been good for 5th last season.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2014, 10:39:10 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Atlanta has a lot of cap room.  Currently they're under the salary floor even.  So while they could send back Carroll if they wanted to, there's no need.

It'd be pretty much a tank move, but what of Jeff Green just for Atlanta's 2015 pick, unprotected, which will be the better of their or Brooklyn's?  Brooklyn was a bit shaky last year as is, and with another new coach, the loss of Pierce and Livingston, no significant additions unless you're a Jarrett Jack fan, the improvement of most of the top teams in the East, and the major improvement of the Cavaliers, that pick could very easily fall into the lottery.  Would you do it?  Would Atlanta do it?  If you don't think Atlanta would do it, what if we offered them a pick swap -- the least valuable of our pick and the Clippers pick for their Hawks/Nets pick?  Again, it's a total gamble, but Brooklyn looks set to plummet this season.

As I've said in many threads, I do think the Hawks are an especially good fit for Green.  He'd be a big upgrade for their 3, and combine that with Horford coming back and you have a team that's ready to make some noise in a conference lacking a truly dominant team.

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2014, 05:06:34 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
My Atlanta/Boston trade proposal.

I call it the "We can't get any free agents so we just shuffle players around" trade.

Millsap, Teague, Korver, Antic

for

Rondo, Green, Bass, Sullinger

Celtics get two guards that can eventually be veteran backups to Smart and Bradley.  Plus Teague could start at first and also play the point and Smart could move over to the 2.  Korver could play some 3 so he is versatile too plus he brings shooting that we really need.  Millsap gives us an All-Star level player up front, even though he is an undersized 4.  Wallace will have to start at the 3 for a year while we develop Young.

Teague  Smart
(Smart)  Bradley  Korver
Wallace  (Korver)  Young
Millsap  Olynyk
Zeller   Anthony/Fav/Antic

Them: 

Rondo  Schroder
Bazemore   Thabo  Jenkins
Green  Carroll 
 Bass   Payne
Horford  Sullinger  Muscala