Author Topic: To get Kevin Love the C's need to find a new "Ray Allen"  (Read 5859 times)

Re: To get Kevin Love the C's need to find a new "Ray Allen"
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2014, 11:54:32 PM »

Offline celticpride1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 40
we need to stop figuring out ways to recreate the 2007 offseason.  That chapters closed, and just because the new one thats being written doesnt look exactly the same, doesnt mean the result will be different in the long run.  Yes, long run.  the 2007 offseason happened in a blink of an eye and we won a title THAT season, it was an amazing blessing and still is, but in some ways its a curse as well because we dont have patience anymore

Greg you are 100% on the money with it. That was once in a lifetime dream and we had 6 great years of it. This rebuild is more than just a year. Us diehard Celtic fans remember the great Rusell Bird teams, as well as the really bad Dana Barros Dino Radja ML Carr coach teams We as fans just think a snap of the finger and think we can be contenders again. These things take time and years to build. Be patient and watch our Favorite team win or loose I bleed GREEN!!!!!!!

« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2014, 01:43:48 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Maybe it's just me but I see Rondo as the Allen type an "offensive tone setter" that is a passer instead of shooter. Team needs a Pierce, Clark Kent "clutch player" and a KG, "top 10" player. We are a long ways off from competing.

« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2014, 08:49:38 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
we need to stop figuring out ways to recreate the 2007 offseason.  That chapters closed, and just because the new one thats being written doesnt look exactly the same, doesnt mean the result will be different in the long run.  Yes, long run.  the 2007 offseason happened in a blink of an eye and we won a title THAT season, it was an amazing blessing and still is, but in some ways its a curse as well because we dont have patience anymore

You and others might see it as "lacking patience."

I simply look at is just not wanting to invest my time and money in a losing product.

One really doesn't sound any more rational than the other.

In fact, I can make the argument that following a losing team makes less sense than not wanting to invest in a losing product.

« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2014, 08:57:01 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
I hope we will find our new Ray Allen in the draft. And by that I mean Karl Towns Jr