Author Topic: 3 team trade to get Love  (Read 969 times)

3 team trade to get Love
« on: July 15, 2014, 12:43:18 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Boston gets Love, Martin, and Budinger.

Indiana gets Green, Bradley (Sign and trade,) Bass, Cleveland's 1st draft pick, and a 2nd rounder, and Ronny Turiaf.

Minnesota gets Stephenson, (Sign and trade), Turner, (Sign and Trade,) Sullinger, Bogans, 2015 Boston pick, 2016 Nets pick, Humphries (Sign and trade,)

Boston gets the superstar they wanted, Indiana replaces Stephenson with Bradley, brings in a great 3rd scoring option on or off the bench, and Bass/Turiaf are experienced playoff vets. Plus two picks, a first/second should sweeten the loss of losing Stephenson, and Turner who are both clearly not in their plans.

Minnesota gets Stephenson, Turner, who they were both interested in, and are both young talent. Sullinger is a PF that has upside, but definitely needs to lose weight. Bogans provide immediate cap relief, and Humphries is also a great PF that they too, were interested in, and the picks sweeten the deal. With a line up of Rubio, Stephenson, Turner, Humphries or Sully, and Pekovic. They could possibly make the playoffs or hit really close to it, which was their original goal.
___

Not too positive if any of this works out cap space, I haven't done the calculations. But if Ainge wanted to experiment, I think this deal could make sense. The Pacers clearly need a PG, but Paul George/Hill can both benefit from a player that doesn't need the ball in their hands and can make 3 pt shots.

EDIT: Apparently Bradley just signed the contract, so trading him now would be impossible.

I was mulling this idea in my head, but credit goes to Kevin O'Connor/MPLBaller.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Re: 3 team trade to get Love
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 01:08:28 PM »

Offline Waew

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 50
1. No one wants green.
2. Minnesota wants young prospects and you think they'll take bogans ? They wanted nothing to do with sully. Stephenson and turner are tiny blips on a radar, we don't own them. We had a bettr chance of s&t for lebron. That's not fair return for love who is a top 10 player.

Re: 3 team trade to get Love
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 01:21:27 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
1. No one wants green.
2. Minnesota wants young prospects and you think they'll take bogans ? They wanted nothing to do with sully. Stephenson and turner are tiny blips on a radar, we don't own them. We had a bettr chance of s&t for lebron. That's not fair return for love who is a top 10 player.

Stephenson/Turner aren't young prospects? Bogans is for immediate cap relief. And yeah okay, we have a better chance sign and trading for Lebron? Get out of here with your sarcastic responses.

Ummm Green is definitely gonna be a decent player to trade for... Also, who said anything about a fair return for Love? At this point, getting Stephenson/Turner/Humphries, and a few draft picks with the exception of Wiggins, I don't see a better deal out there.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different