Author Topic: IDEA: Trading for Larry Sanders  (Read 3832 times)

IDEA: Trading for Larry Sanders
« on: July 15, 2014, 12:07:37 PM »

Offline JR47

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 1
I'm not even sure I'm sold on this myself, but with MIL wanting to rid themselves of Ilyasova and his contract, and Celtics desperate for a center.  Would you consider this trade?

MIL gets:

Olynyk or Sullinger
Bass (expiring contract)
Bogans ($5m off of their books, once they release him)
Johnson ( Salary filler, unguaranteed contract)
Babb (Salary filler, unguaranteed contract)
2015 LAC pick

BOS gets:

Sanders
Ilyasova (3 more years at $8m, ouch)

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pej5qpo

Re: IDEA: Trading for Larry Sanders
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 12:15:56 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
No to adding Sully/Olynyk. I think giving them cap and LAC pick is enough because Sanders is a risk till he proves himself again. For that reason Bucks are better off waiting for Sanders to bring his value back up.

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 12:19:48 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I'm not even sure I'm sold on this myself, but with MIL wanting to rid themselves of Ilyasova and his contract, and Celtics desperate for a center.
The Celtics are not desperate for a center. The blog is desperate... and I'm not even sure it's really for a center.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 12:41:55 PM »

Offline JR47

• Svi Mykhailiuk
Who do you have starting at center this year then?

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 12:49:15 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I'm not even sure I'm sold on this myself, but with MIL wanting to rid themselves of Ilyasova and his contract, and Celtics desperate for a center.
The Celtics are not desperate for a center. The blog is desperate... and I'm not even sure it's really for a center.

:D
This is a great opportunity for the C's to nab a rim protector at a fixed contract for a low cost.

At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2014, 12:51:40 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
Starting spot should be Zeller's to lose. Between him, Faverani, Sullinger, and Olynyk, there should be enough to handle the position. Would they like another competent center? Sure, who wouldn't -- it's the NBA. But I don't see any cause for desperation.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2014, 12:53:45 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

This is a great opportunity for the C's to nab a rim protector at a fixed contract for a low cost.
Will this one do? Can be had for cheap, too.

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 01:03:46 PM »

Offline JR47

• Svi Mykhailiuk
Starting spot should be Zeller's to lose. Between him, Faverani, Sullinger, and Olynyk, there should be enough to handle the position. Would they like another competent center? Sure, who wouldn't -- it's the NBA. But I don't see any cause for desperation.

So you are interested in being awful again?

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2014, 01:27:12 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Good trade idea. The problem is that every team in the NBA in need of a great rim protector with offensive skills (about 28 teams) are making a pitch to the Bucks right now, and the Bucks probably are not going to jump the gun until they figure out whether Kidd can settle Sanders down.  So while I like the idea of Ilyasova (who used to be pretty good and is still young), and have no problem giving up KO or Sully (would prefer to give up KO), I think we need to come up with an offer that will blow Bucks' socks off. May have to sweeten with pick(s).

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2014, 01:30:07 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
We have had trade for Larry Sanders threads before. Don't forget he is either in rehab now or going in to rehab. Also I do believe it is court appointed rehab.

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2014, 01:34:10 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Good trade idea. The problem is that every team in the NBA in need of a great rim protector with offensive skills (about 28 teams) are making a pitch to the Bucks right now, and the Bucks probably are not going to jump the gun until they figure out whether Kidd can settle Sanders down.  So while I like the idea of Ilyasova (who used to be pretty good and is still young), and have no problem giving up KO or Sully (would prefer to give up KO), I think we need to come up with an offer that will blow Bucks' socks off. May have to sweeten with pick(s).

I do not think we need to give them any more than 1 pick...if that. Clearing both Sanders and Ily salary and one pick is fair value bc sanders just started a 4 year 11m contract and could be a complete bum. Some on here know how much I like Sanders, but I am not in love with the idea of overpaying and getting in a long term contract with a possible cancer.....

he has to finish 6 weeks of rehab i believe as well

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2014, 01:34:20 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

Will this one do? Can be had for cheap, too.

Unfortunately we don't have the full MLE.  :'(
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2014, 01:42:35 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 538
Jason Kidd wanted to trade for Sanders last season.  Now he has the chance to build a team with him as the center.  Sanders isn't going anywhere unless he wears out his welcome with Kidd. 

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2014, 01:44:22 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

So you are interested in being awful again?
If you think this is awful, I regret to inform you that Larry Sanders is not the solution you're looking for.

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2014, 01:57:54 PM »

Offline JR47

• Svi Mykhailiuk
Sanders> Zeller