Author Topic: Weird Al's 'Mandatory Fun' Album and Music Video Thread - Crosby, Stills & Nash  (Read 15940 times)

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I think it says much more about how few records you have to sell to make it to the top of the charts nowadays. I mean, The Melvins cracked the top 200 after being a band for over 24 years, but that doesn't equate to more people listening to the Melvins, unfortunately.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Weird Al's record debuted at #1 this week, his first #1 record in over 30 years in the biz.  I think we are finally seeing the hope and change that Obama spoke of in 2008.

LOL! I Think our culture is making a turn, and in my opinion for the better. I've always beena  little geeky, but shied away from it, trying to be the jock and the cool kid. It wasn't cool to be into comics and stuff.

But then I made friends that were complete nerd/geeks at work and came out of my shell. Now I really don't give a crap if you think I'm lame because I read and draw comics. I love doing Cons and checking out the cool costumes that people put together.

So now 15 years removed from that point your seeing Movies about comic books breaking box office records, and TV shows like Arrown and Agents Of Sheild, and next this fall we'll have Flash, Gotham, Constantine, and Daredevil on Netflix. It's becoming pop culture and while not quite cool yet, being excepted.

Weird Al has been pioneering geek culture for years, even inspired the Nerd Core peeps. Now he's getting his recognition. And about freaking time!

New CD is good, I mean really good. Funny I hate the songs he did parodies for on this CD, but I do like the beats, and his lyrics make the SOOOOOO much better!

Well, he was the valedictorian of his high school, so there's that.  TP for coming out of your shell, btw.  I must say that I have never found comic books and superheroes interesting, as they just don't do anything for me, but to each his own.  The most amazing thing about such films is how popular they've become.  Among adults ;D  I always thought a movie about transformers or superman was more geared toward the 8-9 year olds.

Anyway, I almost forgot to post this, so enjoy! ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzwQofyOp30

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
Weird Al's record debuted at #1 this week, his first #1 record in over 30 years in the biz.  I think we are finally seeing the hope and change that Obama spoke of in 2008.

LOL! I Think our culture is making a turn, and in my opinion for the better. I've always beena  little geeky, but shied away from it, trying to be the jock and the cool kid. It wasn't cool to be into comics and stuff.

But then I made friends that were complete nerd/geeks at work and came out of my shell. Now I really don't give a crap if you think I'm lame because I read and draw comics. I love doing Cons and checking out the cool costumes that people put together.

So now 15 years removed from that point your seeing Movies about comic books breaking box office records, and TV shows like Arrown and Agents Of Sheild, and next this fall we'll have Flash, Gotham, Constantine, and Daredevil on Netflix. It's becoming pop culture and while not quite cool yet, being excepted.

Weird Al has been pioneering geek culture for years, even inspired the Nerd Core peeps. Now he's getting his recognition. And about freaking time!

New CD is good, I mean really good. Funny I hate the songs he did parodies for on this CD, but I do like the beats, and his lyrics make the SOOOOOO much better!

It's weird what is accepted and what isn't when you're growing up.  When I was junior high age a handful of the cool kids were into comics, so there was no stigma attached to it.  This was the early/mid 90s when comic collecting was a lot bigger than it is now, so maybe that made a difference.

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

It's weird what is accepted and what isn't when you're growing up.  When I was junior high age a handful of the cool kids were into comics, so there was no stigma attached to it.  This was the early/mid 90s when comic collecting was a lot bigger than it is now, so maybe that made a difference.

Agreed.  The people I really hate are the 'hot' girls who always looked down on nerds and geeks who are now not only dressing as such, but also trying to claim that they were geeky.  What a bunch of shallow Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.s.  I can't stand such let's call them people for the sake of argument ;D