Author Topic: Weird Al's 'Mandatory Fun' Album and Music Video Thread - Crosby, Stills & Nash  (Read 15903 times)

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 05:31:31 PM by Beat LA »

Re: Weird Al spoofs Pharell's 'Happy' as 'Tacky"
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 08:26:46 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Awesome!!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 08:37:30 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Love Weird Al. Probably the most underrated musician in the biz.   

Weird Al's 'Mandatory Fun' Album and Music Video Thread
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 08:57:51 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
He's releasing 8 videos over 8 days at around 11 am each day (I think) to coincide with the release of 'Mandatory Fun' lol.  Am renaming thread haha.  Next up is his spoof of 'Blurred Lines,' called, 'Word Crimes' ;D

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 09:08:45 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
43 bumper stickers and a yolo license plate ahahaha and Jack Black twerking ;D  The greatest role, bar none, of his career ;D

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 09:34:15 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
43 bumper stickers and a yolo license plate ahahaha and Jack Black twerking ;D  The greatest role, bar none, of his career ;D

Jack Black twerking was hilarious. I tagged my nephew with this because I caught him wearing sandals with socks the other day. He said it was fine and all the kids are doing it now. I said only touring old Canadians pull that crap off. It went on for a good 15 to 20 mins back and forth, and then threw out the next day.

Now I have proof its not cool because Weird Al say's so, and what Weird Al says goes!

But to be fare, my nephew is on fourth Canadian, just int he genes man!

Re: Weird Al's 'Mandatory Fun' Album and Music Video Thread
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 09:39:54 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
He's releasing 8 videos over 8 days at around 11 am each day (I think) to coincide with the release of 'Mandatory Fun' lol.  Am renaming thread haha.  Next up is his spoof of 'Blurred Lines,' called, 'Word Crimes' ;D

Can't wait for these. Love his video's. Being a Geeky guy, White and Nerd was one of my favorite video's/songs. Fat was amazing. Smells Like Nirvana, Eat It, The Saga Begins, etc. Good stuff!

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2014, 11:26:26 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Jack Black twerking was hilarious. I tagged my nephew with this because I caught him wearing sandals with socks the other day. He said it was fine and all the kids are doing it now. I said only touring old Canadians pull that crap off. It went on for a good 15 to 20 mins back and forth, and then threw out the next day.

Now I have proof its not cool because Weird Al say's so, and what Weird Al says goes!

Yeah, I've actually seen ads for guys to wear the classic out-of-place-albino Englishman look of black socks with sandals ::)  That should really tell you all you need to know about the fashion industry lol.  TP for the old Canadians line btw.

I got the dvd of his music videos a long time ago and I was in heaven instantly lol.  I agree, Eat It, god, for the dancing alone he destroyed Michael Jackson ;D  Amish Paradise, UHF, Spy Hard, Fat, Smells like Nirvana, All About the Pentiums, White and Nerdy with Donny Osmond Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline., Headline News, etc.  There are so many lol.  God I love him :)

He just absolutely nails it.  Every single time.  Morons who can't stop taking pictures of their food?  Check?  His trademark stare/look to open with?  Check.  Twerking?  I don't even know where to begin on that one.  That line about taking selfies with the deceased was GOLD! ;D  I must say that I'm a millennial, but I don't understand any of this crap.   Eh, whatever the kids are listening to these days ::)

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2014, 11:34:19 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Yeah, I've actually seen ads for guys to wear the classic out-of-place-albino Englishman look of black socks with sandals ::)  That should really tell you all you need to know about the fashion industry lol.  TP for the old Canadians line btw.

I got the dvd of his music videos a long time ago and I was in heaven instantly lol.  I agree, Eat It, god, for the dancing alone he destroyed Michael Jackson ;D  Amish Paradise, UHF, Spy Hard, Fat, Smells like Nirvana, All About the Pentiums, White and Nerdy with Donny Osmond ****, Headline News, etc.  There are so many lol.  God I love him :)

He just absolutely nails it.  Every single time.  Morons who can't stop taking pictures of their food?  Check?  His trademark stare/look to open with?  Check.  Twerking?  I don't even know where to begin on that one.  That line about taking selfies with the deceased was GOLD! ;D  I must say that I'm a millennial, but I don't understand any of this crap.   Eh, whatever the kids are listening to these days ::)

And of course, an album of his wouldn't be complete without mentioning coupons Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline..  He did that in Whatever You Like ;D  "we can clip coupons all night and baby you can have whatever you like," ahahaha.  "Hey girl, our economy's in the toilet, but I'm still gonna treat you right," ;D  Epic.

Re: Weird Al's 'Mandatory Fun' Album and Music Video Thread
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2014, 11:38:37 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Weird Al CDs used to only rival my barenaked ladies live cd for plays on my incredibly touchy don't boom box. Until I discovered rap music anyways.

Amish Paradise will always be my favorite.

Sidebar: Is Nerdist Industries just becoming the new google or what? Is Chris Hardwick the new Steve Jobs?

They've got a pretty impressive stable of talent, spanning from TV to comics to authors to podcasts..all with a very defined 'bent' but they really have just carved out a niche market they cornered.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gv0H-vPoDc&feature=kp

I love the song and video!! I will make those errors anyway, ain't nobody got time for that! ;)
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

I love the song and video!! I will make those errors anyway, ain't nobody got time for that! ;)

Haha.  That was just - EPIC ;D  I cannot wait for the others ;D

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen

LOL!! Awesome! I wish this came out last fall while I was in my writing class. My instructor wouldn't answer back if you emailed him or texted him in improper forms. I think he would have dug it. 

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

LOL!! Awesome! I wish this came out last fall while I was in my writing class. My instructor wouldn't answer back if you emailed him or texted him in improper forms. I think he would have dug it.

Man, that guy sounds like an obnoxious prick.  At least the class is over, though, right?  I think that, upon a quick glance at the YouTube comments, which is never a good idea unless you want to see Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.s arguing about everything that doesn't matter, insulting people, and blaming Obama for everything that doesn't matter ::) , one of the first ones said that teachers should use this when teaching grammar, and I wholeheartedly agree ;D  Who knows, maybe we'll be able to wean the kids off of this crap in no time with such a strategy haha.  Tuh, Robin Thicke.  What a moron.  Did you see his record-breaking album sales last week I believe?  He sold a whopping 54 - in a week.  In Australia hahaha.  I think cracked.com has a piece about how he is the new vanilla ice lol.