Author Topic: Total Slaughter rap battle event  (Read 3582 times)

Total Slaughter rap battle event
« on: July 13, 2014, 05:23:10 PM »

Offline CelticBalla32

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 303
  • Anything is possible
What's up hip hop heads, did anyone else catch last night's Total Slaughter rap battle event? It was on Pay-per-View but there were plenty of streaming links online as well. It was run by Eminem & Shade45, Em wasn't there because he was doing shows in London but it was magnificently hosted by Sway Calloway.

It ran for about 3 hours, I think it was pretty solid. Eight emcees participated, including Joe Budden & Murda Mook (Mook was awesome). Plenty of quality bars spit throughout, plenty of surprises.

I can't believe Budden put the mic down on the stage because he got booed. Wow.

You can check out my recap of the event here
Check out my blog, Chapsketblog - http://chapsketblog.wordpress.com/

Re: Total Slaughter rap battle event
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 02:24:26 PM »

Offline CelticBalla32

• Don Chaney
  • Anything is possible
Bump, bump, bump bump it up

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 02:29:44 PM »

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
i heard about it. aint even get a chance to see it, so im gettin spoilers here and there. im guessin hollow won, if budden put his mic down right?

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 02:59:14 PM »

Offline CelticBalla32

• Don Chaney
  • Anything is possible
i heard about it. aint even get a chance to see it, so im gettin spoilers here and there. im guessin hollow won, if budden put his mic down right?

You can watch the full thing at this link, brotha:

http://otbva.com/forum/free-total-slaughter-ppv-stream-here-t56416.html

It's a little under 3 hours long, but if you love hip hop it's worth it.

Yeah Hollow won, but honestly man I think Budden may have taken it if he didn't put the mic down. I'm still shocked about that. Budden lost but he was a beast at the beginning of the battle.

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 03:08:48 PM »

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton
oh man good lookin homie.

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 03:16:48 PM »

Offline CelticBalla32

• Don Chaney
  • Anything is possible
No problem, back at you man I appreciate the response.

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 03:49:50 PM »

Offline NocturnalRebel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
I love tha battle rap culture.  I love how greatly it's progressed.  I loved tha Total Slaughter series on fuse.  But tha actual event I must say I was disappointed in. Tha crowd was terrible which ruined some rounds for me. I feel kotd or url/smack should have hosted that event. Some battle rappers were disappointing as well. Especially Daylyt. He's in my top 5 but I wished he would take his battles more serious Like he did against chilla Jones but he's entertaining nonetheless.  Loaded Lux was a disappointment as well. I expected more. Joey putting down his Mic was wack but regardless of how I feel it was good for the culture.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 09:37:01 PM by NocturnalRebel »
Loyalty Is Royalty

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2014, 04:07:09 PM »

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton
I love tha battle rap culture.  I love how greatly it's progressed.  I loved tha Total Slaughter series on fuse.  But tha actual event I must say I was disappointed in. Tha crowd was terrible which ruined some rounds for. I feel kotd or url/smack would have hosted that event. Some battle rappers were disappointing as well. Especially Daylyt. He's in my top 5 but I wished he would take his battles more serious Like he did against chilla Jones but he's entertaining nonetheless.  Loaded Lux was a disappointment as well. I expected more. Joey putting down his Mic was wack but regardless of how I feel it was good for the culture.

i cant stand daylyt. straight clown. almost every battle. if he took it more serious he'd be in my top 5. the whole thing he had wit 40 barrs was terrible.

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2014, 09:32:50 PM »

Offline CelticBalla32

• Don Chaney
  • Anything is possible
I love tha battle rap culture.  I love how greatly it's progressed.  I loved tha Total Slaughter series on fuse.  But tha actual event I must say I was disappointed in. Tha crowd was terrible which ruined some rounds for. I feel kotd or url/smack would have hosted that event. Some battle rappers were disappointing as well. Especially Daylyt. He's in my top 5 but I wished he would take his battles more serious Like he did against chilla Jones but he's entertaining nonetheless.  Loaded Lux was a disappointment as well. I expected more. Joey putting down his Mic was wack but regardless of how I feel it was good for the culture.

I appreciate the response, my man.

I have to agree the crowd was weak in a lot of spots and I feel like they flat out didn't understand some of the good punchlines lol. Just went over their head.

I'm not gonna hate on Daylyt for being unique, even if he is a little off lol but what he pulled in the third round was like.... whaaaat? lol how are you gonna get naked and not rap, in a rap battle?

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2014, 10:25:56 PM »

Offline NocturnalRebel

• Jaylen Brown

I have to agree the crowd was weak in a lot of spots and I feel like they flat out didn't understand some of the good punchlines lol. Just went over their head.

I'm not gonna hate on Daylyt for being unique, even if he is a little off lol but what he pulled in the third round was like.... whaaaat? lol how are you gonna get naked and not rap, in a rap battle?

Exactly. Bars definitely went over some heads that night. That's why I said KOTD or URL/Smack should have hosted that event. I didn't feel tha Total Slaughter crowd had much of an appreciation for battle rap like tha KOTD and URL crowds.

I hear you on Daylyt tho. He kind of pulled tha same thing when he battled Dialect (not sure if you seen that battle) but like I said earlier if he took some of his battles more serious he would definitely be top-tier. Daylyt is a great battle rapper. He's underrated because of his antics. Most people don't like his antics but it's what has made him Daylyt. What I love most about Daylyt is that it's hard to prepare for him because you don't know which Daylyt will show up. He's still in my top 5 tho.

Edit: TP to you for creating this topic. Never would have guessed there were battle rap fans in tha CB universe.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 10:41:53 PM by NocturnalRebel »
Loyalty Is Royalty

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2014, 10:46:32 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
Budden

lost cool points with me...

Busta Bust got Chubby..

but this is not battle rap

battle rap had a dj spinnin a beat and they had to come off the dome wit it..in time with the track

these fools got too much time to come spit a rhymes

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2014, 11:02:39 PM »

Offline CelticBalla32

• Don Chaney
  • Anything is possible

Exactly. Bars definitely went over some heads that night. That's why I said KOTD or URL/Smack should have hosted that event. I didn't feel tha Total Slaughter crowd had much of an appreciation for battle rap like tha KOTD and URL crowds.

I hear you on Daylyt tho. He kind of pulled tha same thing when he battled Dialect (not sure if you seen that battle) but like I said earlier if he took some of his battles more serious he would definitely be top-tier. Daylyt is a great battle rapper. He's underrated because of his antics. Most people don't like his antics but it's what has made him Daylyt. What I love most about Daylyt is that it's hard to prepare for him because you don't know which Daylyt will show up. He's still in my top 5 tho.

Edit: TP to you for creating this topic. Never would have guessed there were battle rap fans in tha CB universe.

Thanks brotha, I'll be here every week posting something hip hop related, keep your eyes peeled!

Good point about Daylyt, if he didn't do something unique people would probably just look at him as just another decent battle rapper but sometimes a gimmick is what you need to build your brand. Hell, look at Eminem. He's arguably the best battle rapper EVER lol, but he didn't blow up or get noticed until he died his hair and started spitting the most ridiculous/controversial thing he can think of.

Budden

Busta Bust got Chubby..

battle rap had a dj spinnin a beat and they had to come off the dome wit it..in time with the track

I appreciate the response my man, but I'm gonna have to disagree. This is still battle rap. Battles don't have to be freestyles, and let's be real... 90% of every dope freestyle bars you've ever heard were written before hand anyway. A battle is a competition of the craft, it doesn't have to be off the top to be appealing.

You can't advertise and sell a freestyle from scratch, on Pay-per-View. These guys had to prepare and go in on each other.

Busta did gain about 100 lbs. though huh? lol

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2014, 11:04:22 PM »

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton
Budden

Busta Bust got Chubby..

i hear u but some of these battle rounds are like 10 minutes long. its hard to go off the top for 10 minutes. old school battlers like t-rex knows what thats like. still, some of the lyrical freestyle ability of these battlers is insane. i.e. dna, charlie clips, dizaster, ill will etc.

and ya i wouldnt have thought to make a battle rap thread in the forums.
didnt think anybody else watched it.

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2014, 11:19:40 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
Budden

Busta Bust got Chubby..

i hear u but some of these battle rounds are like 10 minutes long. its hard to go off the top for 10 minutes. old school battlers like t-rex knows what thats like. still, some of the lyrical freestyle ability of these battlers is insane. i.e. dna, charlie clips, dizaster, ill will etc.

and ya i wouldnt have thought to make a battle rap thread in the forums.
didnt think anybody else watched it.

www.youtube.com/v/ZZ2jSS7rOrk?hl=en_US&version=3&rel=0

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2014, 12:24:22 AM »

Offline NocturnalRebel

• Jaylen Brown
I agree with CelticD on their freestyle abilities. Hollow Da Don is nice off tha top too. His rebuttal game is crazy. Until K-Shine killed DNA I used to think it was dangerous to lose a coin flip against someone that could freestyle. It still can be dangerous but if their freestyles are harder than their writtens they're still beatable.

But I have a question tho since this is still a conversation. Just to pick brains here. If you were putting together a battle event who would you have on your card?

My card would look something like this (in no specific order):

B-Magic vs Conceited

DNA vs Tay Roc

Murda Mook vs Arsonal

Daylyt vs Dizaster

Charlie Clips vs Hollow Da Don or Loaded Lux.

Loyalty Is Royalty