Author Topic: Mil, det, bos idea  (Read 2122 times)

Mil, det, bos idea
« on: July 14, 2014, 03:03:43 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
Basic idea to revamp roster...
To bucks: m smart, future 1st expiring contracts
To pistons: sully, future 1st expiring contracts
To boston: sanders, Monroe

Bucks get promising rookie pg to pair with young core a future 1st rounder and expiring contracts
Pistons get promising Cheap pf, avoid paying Monroe, clear log jam, a pick and cap relief.
Boston gets a fresh new pair of bigs and a killer lineup...
Rondo, Bradley, green, Monroe, sanders
Bench is Oly, Zeller, young, and Pressey.
What say you?

Re: Mil, det, bos idea
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 03:08:14 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Nowhere near enough outgoing salary to take on Sanders and Monroe.

Smart cannot be traded for 30 days from the date he signed his rookie contract.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 03:09:37 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
If we get Saunders, not sure that Monroe is an upgrade over Sully. I think Sully would match better with Sanders than Monroe would.

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 03:11:12 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Not interested in L.Sanders and G.Monroe together. Do not think they would play well together.

I think one or the other. Not both.

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 03:20:56 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Sanders is definitely NOT worth trading Smart for, especially given the problems (attitude, health, and performance-wise) he had last year.

Now, if it was more like Bass+Thornton+Clippers/Sixers pick, okay.  Not for Smart, though

And as for the pistons, I think they'd rather have KO than Sully, since they need floor spacing at the 3 or 4 when they have Smith and Drummond out there together (Actually, sending Green/a first (or KO)/non-guaranteed contracts might be a better deal, since it would give them a 3 that can stretch the floor, hold his own defensively, and occasionally take over a game)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 03:29:57 PM by BitterJim »
I'm bitter.

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 03:53:56 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
If we get Saunders, not sure that Monroe is an upgrade over Sully. I think Sully would match better with Sanders than Monroe would.

You're not sure Monroe is an upgrade over Sully?  Really?

Monroe is a true low post player that averaged 15ppg and over 9 RPG and shot just under 50% from the field compared to Sullinger and his 13ppg and 8 RPG plus he shot less than 43% from the field.  These guys aren't really close talent wise.  There's no way the Pistons would do this trade.  If they would make it right away and laugh all the way.   Plus if I have Monroe and Zeller I don't want Sanders and the baggage he has...

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 05:35:00 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
Monroe posses the same skill set as sully but is better at everything, plus he's huge.
I agree that green or Oly would fit Detroit better but I got a soft spot for Oly. Green can go if that's what det asks for.
Sanders is a phenomenal defender, his baggage is over weighted.

I disagree that the two won't fit well togther.
Monroe's high post skills are overlooked, Sanders d covers Monroe's weaknesses (and Monroe will improve on d)
The two will be as dominant a front court as the Memphis duo.
I think Drummond/Monroe failed because of the terrible makeup of the pistons. ( on the court they have a bunch of not so bright chuckers. off the court they HAD a bunch of not so bright decision makers.
In boston they'd have rondo distributing and making the right decision and a terrific front office, coaching staff to get the most out of them.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 05:45:31 PM by arctic 3.0 »

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2014, 06:04:10 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Monroe posses the same skill set as sully but is better at everything, plus he's huge.
I agree that green or Oly would fit Detroit better but I got a soft spot for Oly. Green can go if that's what det asks for.
Sanders is a phenomenal defender, his baggage is over weighted.

I disagree that the two won't fit well togther.
Monroe's high post skills are overlooked, Sanders d covers Monroe's weaknesses (and Monroe will improve on d)
The two will be as dominant a front court as the Memphis duo.
I think Drummond/Monroe failed because of the terrible makeup of the pistons. ( on the court they have a bunch of not so bright chuckers. off the court they HAD a bunch of not so bright decision makers.
In boston they'd have rondo distributing and making the right decision and a terrific front office, coaching staff to get the most out of them.

Same skill set?  Maybe in your mind but not in Sullinger'smind.  He shot almost 3,  3 pointers a game where Monroe shot ZERO.  Not exactly the same.  I agree that Monroe is the better player in every way that's why there's no way the Pistons would make the trade.  Also, with us having KO we will not trade Smart for yet another PF in Sanders.    Sanders is a mess when you consider his performance or lack thereof last year and his 11 million per year price tag for the next 4 years.... 

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2014, 11:58:45 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Monroe is a true low post player

I'm not sure that a "true low post player" is as valuable as some people seem to believe.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2014, 03:04:46 AM »

Offline BigDogPitbull

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 29
Monroe > Sully

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2014, 03:30:45 AM »

Offline beklog

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 64
Last year's stats comparison:

almost the same for these 2, Monroe got higher minutes than Sully
and Sully can shoot 3 and has a nice mid-range on him

Monroe is 2 inches taller than Sully i guess this is a plus for him
Sully is 2yrs younger than Monroe  i guess this is now a plus for him
Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light… I just take pictures…